Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Western Force v RA Chariman's XV - Round 6 2018

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    There's plenty of old NSL grounds in Melbourne they could use. It's a strange one.
    It's just the same idiots doing the same stupid shit whilst in charge. I could name a heap of stupid things they have done. Having fixtures played at the same times which totally screws up the Television coverage being one of them. A total failure to get the whole comp on foxsports when the channel is littered with mitre10 cup and Gallagher trophy matches etc. And also refusing to put up replays of Force fixtures on the foxsports live stream replay website despite putting every other teams games up on that foxsports webpage. No reply to my email either about it., and also is it any coincidence this was the game where they thrashed the establishment, Sydney.

RugbyAustralia have also failed to take the competition seriously and fail in their duty to ensure the teams act as shute shield feeder teams so they can bridge their stupid gap between club rugby and provincial rugby and become more aligned with the New Zealand model in places like Sydney. And ofcourse whilst sharing around Melbourne fixtures and probably paying extortionate sums in hosting fees and lucrative dinners they play every Force game at the same venue, and if rumours are correct they will play the finals at a venue they wont even hold the sea of blue capacity which would probably end up being about 4-5k attendance for a finals game. RugbyAustralia are just idiots.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    There's plenty of old NSL grounds in Melbourne they could use. It's a strange one.
    They tried to use Bob Jane Stadium in South Melbourne for Rugby but the fence was too close to the ingoals. Not sure if Glenferrie Oval is used at all these days. It is close to the Rugby schools and transport links. The field would be one of the smallest of the old suburban VFL era grounds.

The VRU still play their club Finals day on a ground at Box Hill that is a bog which used to flood.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    They tried to use Bob Jane Stadium in South Melbourne for Rugby but the fence was too close to the ingoals. Not sure if Glenferrie Oval is used at all these days. It is close to the Rugby schools and transport links. The field would be one of the smallest of the old suburban VFL era grounds.

The VRU still play their club Finals day on a ground at Box Hill that is a bog which used to flood.
    Box Hill is still a bog and still floods

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Senior Player
    vCash
    NRC Rising Star nominee round six: Jack McGregor (Force)

Western Force fullback Jack McGregor is the sixth nominee for the NRC Rising Star award.

McGregor, 21, has been superb in a strong season from the Perth-based side, who have put themselves in striking distance of top spot.

The skilful fullback, who usually plays no.10 but has shifted back with Andrew Deegan In the position, has been a reliable threat for the Force; both in the finishing department and jumping in as a second playmaker.

Jack McGregor on the attack for the Force at Bond University. Photo: Getty Images
    That much can be seen with McGregor having scored four tries in six games and also laid on six try assists; the fourth-highest tally in the competition. He can find space with passing or kicks.

Despite those numbers, McGregor has remained something of an under-the-radar asset for the Force, but that surely won’t last too much longer.

Moving west mid-way through the year has certainly agreed with McGregor, who only joined the Force to play World Series Rugby in June.

Prior to that McGregor had spent the last year and a half at the Melbourne Rebels, where he’d been unable to crack a spot in the Super Rugby side.

The talented Sydney playmaker, who skippered the NSW Schoolboys in 2014 and turned out for Australian Schoolboys and under 20s, played a full season for the Melbourne Rising last year but didn’t get a chance to shine further up.

He’s certainly done that during the Force’s NRC campaign in 2018 and will be a key man for them when they take on the Fijian Drua at home this weekend, with top spot up for grabs.

Australian players are eligible for the NRC Rising Star award if they have played three games or fewer in Super Rugby. Drua players must have played three games or fewer for the Flying Fijians.

The NRC Rising Star award winner will be selected by a judging panel at the end of the 2018 NRC season.

NRC Nominees

Round One: Andrew Deegan (Western Force)

Round Two: Alivereti Veitokani (Fijian Drua)

Round Three: Jock Campbell (Queensland Country)

Round Four: Archie King (Melbourne Rising)

Round Five: Darcy Swain (Canberra Vikings)

Round Six: Jack McGregor (Western Force)

Round Seven: TBA

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/10...-star-mcgregor

This just goes to show there was no reason to cut the force. These are now 2 players who could not get enough game time over east who have been nominated for the rising star award and stood out in both WSR and NRC. Ironic that Australia is apparently lacking depth in the fly half position but both these players are flyhalfs.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    NRC Rising Star nominee round six: Jack McGregor (Force)

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/10...-star-mcgregor

This just goes to show there was no reason to cut the force. These are now 2 players who could not get enough game time over east who have been nominated for the rising star award and stood out in both WSR and NRC. Ironic that Australia is apparently lacking depth in the fly half position but both these players are flyhalfs.
    His speedy runs and stepping always remind me of the kiwi star Damian Mckenzie. Jack seems to enjoy the games as much as the ever smiling Mckenzie as well.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hooray! Most of our team will be able to get this award forever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    His speedy runs and stepping always remind me of the kiwi star Damian Mckenzie. Jack seems to enjoy the games as much as the ever smiling Mckenzie as well.
    arf, written by iain payten, i bet he wasn't happy.
    i suspect iain's picture should be something like this..................
    Attachment 5339

cider my arse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    arf, written by iain payten, i bet he wasn't happy.
    i suspect iain's picture should be something like this..................
    Attachment 5339
    Too right! And notice how he just had to harp on about him being an east coast product - Sydney born and then a Rebels player. Blah blah blah. Stronger as FIVE.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Trainwreck is like flies to a turd on the Roar in the comments section of Tom English's article about Twiggy.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    pRAvda

Fake news

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Mate, I have your back

There was 147 people in attendance as only 1 stand was open. I just did a head count. Literally!

Heres proof of the empty stands..

Note: the dots arent accurate placed on each person they just make it easier to count
    Those pics came in handy Spartan to shut our Good friend Joe up on Facebook

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9