Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 91

Thread: The Call To Arms to Save Australian Rugby

  1. #1
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,721
    vCash
    4454000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!

    The Call To Arms to Save Australian Rugby


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  2. #2
    Rookie WF2404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brentwood
    Posts
    116
    vCash
    5002000
    So how many WA clubs will sign up to this new Association do you reckon? This could be similar to the current FFA / FIFA scenario where a negotiated change of governance occurs in Australia after the international peak body steps in. In that case there has been a significant change in representation from the grassroots and commercial clubs.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,395
    vCash
    5146000
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2404 View Post
    So how many WA clubs will sign up to this new Association do you reckon? This could be similar to the current FFA / FIFA scenario where a negotiated change of governance occurs in Australia after the international peak body steps in. In that case there has been a significant change in representation from the grassroots and commercial clubs.
    The interesting thing is that they have bypassed Victorian Rugby administrators which won't please Trainwreck and Geoff Parkes. That is a good thing.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  4. #4
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,890
    vCash
    5617000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Winner!
    How many WA clubs have received a copy of the letter?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  5. #5
    Champion andrewM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ellenbrook
    Posts
    1,231
    vCash
    5412000
    Well at least 2nd time round Papworth has acknowledged rugby outside NSW but does a leopard change his spots?
    I think his targeting the clubs directly is inspired.
    Is this Australian Rugby's Spring Revolution?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,890
    vCash
    5617000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Winner!
    Interesting comment by a reader:

    ""Representation of all" - obviously Melbourne/Victoria are no longer considered part of Australia by Papworth and his Sydney buddies. So what Rugby Australia has done to WA, the steering committee seem to be wishing to do the same to Victoria? Vic Schoolboys team has consistently out performed WA, our U19 team defeated Sydney City yesterday at the U19 National Championships and we have produced considerably more home grown Wallabies in the last 10 years than WA has? But it seems we should all just give up in Melbourne and go and play AFL. "

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  7. #7
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    632
    vCash
    5418000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The interesting thing is that they have bypassed Victorian Rugby administrators which won't please Trainwreck and Geoff Parkes. That is a good thing.
    "in the inaugural year the governance will consist of one representative from each of Queensland, NSW, NSW Country, ACT and WA plus Brett Papworth


    ie NSW will get 3 reps including Papworth, Qld 1, Act 1, and WA 1.each out of 6.elections",

    Thereafter democratic elections will determine the composition.

    So as in politics, I assume the candidate who attracts the most votes gets elected, even although they dont necessarily have a majority. So NSW clubs could vote in block for their other candidates in the composition and wipe out any opposition, even although they dont have a majority.

    Very clever Pappy

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,395
    vCash
    5146000
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Interesting comment by a reader:

    ""Representation of all" - obviously Melbourne/Victoria are no longer considered part of Australia by Papworth and his Sydney buddies. So what Rugby Australia has done to WA, the steering committee seem to be wishing to do the same to Victoria? Vic Schoolboys team has consistently out performed WA, our U19 team defeated Sydney City yesterday at the U19 National Championships and we have produced considerably more home grown Wallabies in the last 10 years than WA has? But it seems we should all just give up in Melbourne and go and play AFL. "
    Conveniently forgetting the 30 million or so of national governing body money the VRU and MRRU have received.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  9. #9
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    632
    vCash
    5418000
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    How many WA clubs have received a copy of the letter?
    This letter with questionnaire will go to all the 850 rugby clubs in Australia, firstly by email to the premier clubs in Sydney and Brisbane plus the seven leading clubs in the ACT, and shortly afterwards to all the others by a mixture of email and post.

    So the unwashed in WA, Vic, SA, NT, Tas and "non-leading" clubs in Act dont get the letter until the big boys have worked it all out among themselves first.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    610
    vCash
    5438000
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    This letter with questionnaire will go to all the 850 rugby clubs in Australia, firstly by email to the premier clubs in Sydney and Brisbane plus the seven leading clubs in the ACT, and shortly afterwards to all the others by a mixture of email and post.

    So the unwashed in WA, Vic, SA, NT, Tas and "non-leading" clubs in Act dont get the letter until the big boys have worked it all out among themselves first.
    That includes the non premier clubs in Qld and NSW in the latter group, doesn't it?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,395
    vCash
    5146000
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    This letter with questionnaire will go to all the 850 rugby clubs in Australia, firstly by email to the premier clubs in Sydney and Brisbane plus the seven leading clubs in the ACT, and shortly afterwards to all the others by a mixture of email and post.

    So the unwashed in WA, Vic, SA, NT, Tas and "non-leading" clubs in Act dont get the letter until the big boys have worked it all out among themselves first.
    You would think WA will get theirs too by email given they are a part of the governance.

    ACT & SNSWRU is basically run by the seven senior clubs.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  12. #12
    Player lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    311
    vCash
    5312000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The interesting thing is that they have bypassed Victorian Rugby administrators which won't please Trainwreck and Geoff Parkes. That is a good thing.
    Tim north and Gary gray will be seething to have been left off the list

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

  13. #13
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,395
    vCash
    5146000
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Tim north and Gary gray will be seething to have been left off the list
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer pair of underwear sorry individuals.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  14. #14
    Veteran Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,756
    vCash
    5172000
    TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award
    Was that Papworth saying it was wrong of RA to cut WA loose?

    I doubt it. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could kick them...appeasing them is a big part of why Australia is where it is and they are only longing for the good old days.

    RA is falling down on the job big time, but that wouldn't make those entitled aholes a better option. I personally think the NRC is the last real hope for Australian rugby if they would just get organised and take it seriously - wonder what it's future would be with them in charge?

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    632
    vCash
    5418000
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Was that Papworth saying it was wrong of RA to cut WA loose?

    I doubt it. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could kick them...appeasing them is a big part of why Australia is where it is and they are only longing for the good old days.

    RA is falling down on the job big time, but that wouldn't make those entitled aholes a better option. I personally think the NRC is the last real hope for Australian rugby if they would just get organised and take it seriously - wonder what it's future would be with them in charge?
    At least there is a revolution under way at last. But we could jump out of the frying pan into fire if this mob get control.
    Hopefully the end result is better than what we have now.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Referee got France red card call right, claims Australian rugby official
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Rugby Laws Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-12-18, 23:37
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-04-17, 12:03
  3. Save Cal Varsity Rugby
    By beige in forum International Rugby
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-11, 14:32
  4. Those arms
    By pieter blackie in forum David Pocock
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-08-10, 07:36
  5. Death inevitable' in rugby arms race, warns headmaster
    By travelling_gerry in forum Rugby
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-04-10, 15:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •