Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Call To Arms to Save Australian Rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post

Well that and the fact that people could see through their inept attempt of overthrowing the RA board at an EGM with RUPA. Now they have signed the RUPA CEO was who was petition to it.
    Now I don't usually take issue with things you say Bakkies, but this has caught my attention - and maybe it was a throwaway line, but MRRU did not attempt to overthrow the RA board at the EGM with Rupa - the plot was to save all five SR franchises. Maybe I am naive and they always knew it would fail, but the biggest shock to me was that WA voted with RA for four. I can only surmise that MS was on the RA payroll and did what he was told to do by his employer (possibly in the belief that his team was not on the chopping block).

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Now I don't usually take issue with things you say Bakkies, but this has caught my attention - and maybe it was a throwaway line, but MRRU did not attempt to overthrow the RA board at the EGM with Rupa - the plot was to save all five SR franchises. Maybe I am naive and they always knew it would fail, but the biggest shock to me was that WA voted with RA for four. I can only surmise that MS was on the RA payroll and did what he was told to do by his employer (possibly in the belief that his team was not on the chopping block).
    Perhaps the other unions saw through the Victorian attempt to overthrow the board which what is was given that the RA had been keeping the Rebels afloat. They also relied on a board to get in to the competition.

From what said months later it appeared that the WA respresentative Geoff Stooke was told to abstain from voting.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Any 4evamp of australian rugby that doesnt end up with each region controlling only one vote is flawed

So i propose everything that pappy does, except removing his stacked board od sru arseholes and replacing it with o e representative fro each region, elected by that region in any way they see fit.

Nsw is ONE region in my model.
    Well maybe a better way to determine voting power would be too literally create thresholds for junior/state participation that when exceeded increase that states voting power. That way states that set up programs to grow the game at either junior level or all levels are rewarded for growing the game with voting power. I would consider that fair.

Here is an example:
    Eg.
    - exceed 10k total registered players- 1 vote
    - exceed 10k total juniors- 1 vote

Or something like that. So only really successful state unions can can get more than 1 vote if they can achieve specific targets or something.

Might be better.

vCash
    And wasn’t it Tim North’s VRU rather than the MRRU who joined with RUPA in calling for the EGM? I still can’t work out what the rationale was as it was surely always clear that the ARU would never let the Rebels go. Maybe they were worried about Cox’s plans. Intriguing.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    yes, I think you are correct, it was Tim North's VRU that called it. But I am not convinced that the ARU would never let the Rebels go, at the time, they were still waiting on the court decision for WA and if that had gone the other way and they could have got Cox to sell the licence back - but wait, they had no money ... luckily for them the Vic gov deal came through , eh?

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

vCash
    yes, I think you are correct, it was Tim North's VRU that called it. But I am not convinced that the ARU would never let the Rebels go, at the time, they were still waiting on the court decision for WA and if that had gone the other way and they could have got Cox to sell the licence back - but wait, they had no money ... luckily for them the Vic gov deal came through , eh?

God bless the Victorian taxpayer

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Vintage Pappy , Blame everyone but himself for the state of the Shute Shield ,as it bleeds money in Nick Forhams pockets , while Andrew Hore straightens the place up.

Mind you, NSW Rugby is about to have $500,000 LOSS for the year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Vintage Pappy , Blame everyone but himself for the state of the Shute Shield ,as it bleeds money in Nick Forhams pockets , while Andrew Hore straightens the place up.

Mind you, NSW Rugby is about to have $500,000 LOSS for the year!
    I thought they were about to get a shit load of cash from the NSW government whilst they redevelopment the home ground stadium?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    And barring a visit from the grim reaper, I'll be around in 5 years to say "I told you so" as I've told you before when blind unthinking faith has lead you down the same garden path.
    Please provide examples.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Only too happy for the East Coast to start eating each other...
    ERU's autophagy

vCash
    People on Green and Gold are reacting to Victoria not getting a say despite it being pretty obvious why. The rest of Australian Rugby have woken up to you sucking the game dry and people keep on re-electing those responsible to the board. Hugh Cavill has put up a separate article.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/why...nd-alan-jones/

Tom Decent has now got an article on this in the SMH.

Last edited by Bakkies; 03-10-18 at 11:14.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Hugh Cavill has put up a separate article.
    Yep. And ended it with
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cavill
    I hear the people sing, I really do. A change is needed.

But this isn’t our song, and Brett Papworth isn’t our frontman.
    Expressing the same well founded scepticism, based on history, as posters to this site. Also making the same assumptions about intent. Only two options I see are get the popcorn and watch the show or participate INITIALLY and try to influence outcomes. A choice for Rugby WA clubs.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I thought he went gentle on them.

For mine, the problem with any WA clubs being involved is that it gives implies agreement and lends authority to NSW (and specifically the Shute Shield) speaking for all grassroots. It would be turkeys voting for Christmas...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I thought he went gentle on them.

For mine, the problem with any WA clubs being involved is that it gives implies agreement.........It would be turkeys voting for Christmas...
    Maybe it will be seen as implied agreement initially. But I'd expect most agree - to regaining control of how the ARU board is filled. It's how that governance is structured that's at issue.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Maybe it will be seen as implied agreement initially. But I'd expect most agree - to regaining control of how the ARU board is filled. It's how that governance is structured that's at issue.
    Brett Papworth's son wrote on Twitter to Hugh Cavill that it is really a mechanism for clubs to have their say in the running of the game which I agree with as how many more years of levy paying and disconnect can the game afford?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast