Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Call To Arms to Save Australian Rugby

vCash
    Be careful what you wish for.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Only too happy for the East Coast to start eating each other.
    Can't help but think that WA will only ever gets the scraps from the table from this mob as the focus is clearly Queensland & NSW.
    Happy to keep my focus on WSR and the exciting move into our region while SR implodes and RA gets the shake-up that it deserves.

I'm interested to hear of how Fulvio Sammut suggests how WA can maintain a pathway to professional rugby if there was no Minderoo initiative.
    It's certainly not going to come from RA or Papworth et al.
    RA was saying that it was via the NRC. Blind Freddy can see that that's not going to work.

The reality is that if there was no Minderoo funds then there wouldn't even be a RugbyWA in 2018.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hear hear, AndrewG!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    To be honest any replacement to RugbyAustralia which actually increases the power to the infamous NSWRU to controlling half the votes is in all honesty truely frightening.
    Won't happen the NSWCRU have their own issues with the RA, NSWRU and SRU. They will be willing to vote against them. The RA and NSWRU's fees on teams have been a noose around bush club's books. The NSWCRU were willing to give up their territory from Condoblin down to Albury to the Brumbies in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The comment has been made elsewhere that maybe the Vic triumvirate were approached but didn’t want to be part of any coup because they know they’d lose their sugar daddy and open line of credit from Moore Park....
    Well that and the fact that people could see through their inept attempt of overthrowing the RA board at an EGM with RUPA. Now they have signed the RUPA CEO was who was petition to it.

In regards to Fulvio's comment about the ACT it is the other way around the Brumbies have never been a part of the establishment with the RA board so rattling the cage is part of the DNA. They were one of the few that were willing to call out John O'Neill for his bs. They also have been fishing for an alternative. From reading between the lines Michael Thomson's farewell interview as CEO feeds in with what I have heard around the traps

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    [QUOTE=andrewg;460512Cand RA gets the shake-up that it deserves.

I'm interested to hear of how Fulvio Sammut suggests how WA can maintain a pathway to professional rugby if there was no Minderoo initiative.

And when and where did Fulvio Sammut suggest that?

vCash
    In terms of silence it is deafening from Queensland. Talk about a rock and a hard place. Angry sponsors and clubs statewide while looking for a cash advance from the RA.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    [QUOTE=fulvio sammut;460515][QUOTE=andrewg;460512Cand RA gets the shake-up that it deserves.

And when and where did Fulvio Sammut suggest that?[/QUOTE]

Give me a break......how else should we interpret: "I've got little time for Forrest and his hangers on"?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    In terms of silence it is deafening from Queensland. Talk about a rock and a hard place. Angry sponsors and clubs statewide while looking for a cash advance from the RA.
    Surprising really if Qld are interested in this’coup’ -they’re also getting their fair share of largesse from the bank of RA, not just Vic. Would rather watch this circus play out from a safe distance. Give them the same amount of support that they gave us......nada.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I don't think the QRU have a CEO as Barker had to resign due to personal reasons and they haven't replaced him. That is heading in MRRU territory.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I think you need to do a course in basic comprehension.

What part of "I don't like the guy, but he's doing the right thing here" is causing you difficulty?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I think you need to do a course in basic comprehension.
    I think you need a course in basic appreciation or gratitude. Is that where the old adage of "biting the hand which feeds you" comes from?

Perhaps you can also explain who are Andrew Forrest's "hangers on" whom you also don't like because my impression is that they've done a pretty good job and continue to do so.

Last edited by andrewg; 02-10-18 at 23:20.

vCash
    I can fully understand the scepticism of Fulvio and others. Their dirty politics of a hundred years is cause for concern. It's important to remember though, that this thing is a concept for a steering committee not a fait acompli for the usual suspects. At this point anyway. And while I'm chucking in cliches galore; gotta be in it to win it. If you dont, you pull the pin with no more than a blood nose. If you aren't moving forward ( dislike that one) you are stuck in the past(think that was 7 all up)

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Shasta, you gave that 110% and left nothing in the tank

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Nothing in the SMH or Australian newspapers about the ‘call to arms’ from Papworth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    Nothing in the SMH or Australian newspapers about the ‘call to arms’ from Papworth.
    Foxsports got hold of the email that went to go to the clubs probably why.

Green and Gold seem to be more on the pulse these days than the SMH. Wayne Smith seems to be the lone reporter for the Australian these days and he has lost the plot in recent days. The Roar has been poor in reporting these issues David Lord should be all over this.

Last edited by Bakkies; 03-10-18 at 05:19.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast