Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Call To Arms to Save Australian Rugby

vCash
    I listened to Papworth three days a week for two years in 2015/16. I had more than a couple of on air Barneys with him. Mainly on two topics. His lumping us in with the Rabble as he big drain on resources and ignorance of where our players come from. I particularly grilled him about the actual finances and where they were going. Incredibly he didn't know and said someone in the know had told him. Fortunately, others like Jones, Dwyer are much more attuned to the value of WA. Dwyer was scathing over the Force axing well before it happened. I think they, along with the performances of our players since 2016, probably have educated Papworth. There are many in the East who are much more aware now as well.
    Like it or not WA Rugby really is a minor playe. But we have some powerful allies now. The way to stay relevant in this action is to fight inside the tent. It is very obvious that the financial and administrative penny has finally dropped and who/where it has dropped on. Alison's hours of delving, Senator Renolds' and Andrew Forrest's relentless determination, and possibly this website have played their parts. We owe all concerned a big thanks. Long road back but it's probably the only one.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Maybe DeClyne will re surface now?
    Best outcome is the RA Board and CEO resign and this crowd take over. Maybe Phil Kearns as an interim CEO?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Am slightly dubious of the steering committee original make-up: one representative from each of Queensland, NSW, NSW Country, ACT and WA plus Brett Papworth.

1) If Papworth wants a seat on the committee he should go for the NSW slot. Or a non-voting, consulting role. Otherwise we risk going back to the old days when Sydney and Brisbane controlled Australian rugby, and this time Brisbane loses out.

2) Although acknowledging that the larger a committee, the less it gets done; personally, I think the steering committee should include representatives from: Vic, RUPA, women's rugby, and possibly the National Coaching Panel (currently Mr R Kafer!).

I know that technically women's rugby would fall into each individual state, but as the committee gets set-up and takes control, there is a real risk of them concentrating on the issues in the mens game and through inaction destroy all the good work that has been done in the women's game.

3) The steering committee come up with a transparent way of electing a new Australian Rugby Board, and that all members of the steering committee are barred from serving on that board for at least the first elected period. This should stop the committee setting themselves up as the new ARU, and try and ensure that they set up a governance structure that suits rugby rather than themselves.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I'll listen to them when it is one vote per state. The inherent nature of genuine "grassroots" is that the standard doesn't matter, it is the participation that counts. By making it uneven and all about the supposed heartlands, they show it for what it really all about.

vCash
    When NSW gets three votes out of six it isn't about heartlands plural, is it?

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    When NSW gets three votes out of six it isn't about heartlands plural, is it?
    and it looks like he only regards the Shute shield clubs are regarded as the heartland in NSW. Bakkies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    and it looks like he only regards the Shute shield clubs are regarded as the heartland in NSW. Bakkies?
    No NSW Country have a separate vote which I am delighted at. They don't see eye to eye with the city boys.

Papworth has seen the light over the past two years in regards to the NRC and the Western Force. They are getting the facts and it is clear with the MRRU put in the shade.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    No NSW Country have a separate vote which I am delighted at. They don't see eye to eye with the city boys.

Papworth has seen the light over the past two years in regards to the NRC and the Western Force. They are getting the facts and it is clear with the MRRU put in the shade.
    Are you suggesting that Papworth has left North and Gray outside the tent (on purpose)? Where does that leave their mate Rob Clarke? Bakkies where do you get these ideas from? You mean the reverse sale business model is not a goa?

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

vCash
    It looks pretty clear to me that they have. There is little mention of Vic Rugby and their members being on committees in the 2613 word report from Papworth.

I know one of those names has signed my petition. I won't mention it here.

vCash
    To be honest any replacement to RugbyAustralia which actually increases the power to the infamous NSWRU to controlling half the votes is in all honesty truely frightening. However right now under Clyne the sport is nose diving at supersonic speeds and right now anything is better than continuing with the de-Clyne brigade and that incredibly inept board/CEO. A revolution is exactly what rugby needs and right now this proposal throws WA right into the mix instead of continuing to be an outcast, it also puts Melbourne well and truely in their rightful place. If this is what is needed to take Clyne down then it may just be enough to turn this sinking ship around and properly rebuild it from the bottom up to keep the game healthy where it matters most which is the grassroots where most of us come from/ or support. From there I am sure the Wallaby brand will rebuild itself, but right now it has never looked so grim. I just hope either Clyne/Raelene and the rest of those clowns at the board meetings resign so new people can start to resurrect the sport. If not maybe this revolution is the Revolution that needed to happen. It may not tick all the boxes, but it sure as hell ticks more than this current path we are being lead down.

vCash
    I was going to go and re-read my copy of Animal Farm.

Strangely I no longer feel I need to.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Any 4evamp of australian rugby that doesnt end up with each region controlling only one vote is flawed

So i propose everything that pappy does, except removing his stacked board od sru arseholes and replacing it with o e representative fro each region, elected by that region in any way they see fit.

Nsw is ONE region in my model.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Are you suggesting that Papworth has left North and Gray outside the tent (on purpose)? Where does that leave their mate Rob Clarke? Bakkies where do you get these ideas from?
    I reckon Twiggy’s cash is the only reason WA is in the tent. If the MRRU can get it’s hands on a few mill they will be back in.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    If this bunch of marionettes and their puppetmaster get up, it will be of benefit only to NSW and to a lesser extent QLD.

It will be a return to the past, and the power will reside in the hands of the toffs at Sydney University.

The plan is to filter all players Australia wide into the NSW and QLD Unions to control the game and the players for the benefit of the NSW and QLD State competitions.

It will be worse than the current position. The need is to remove the current administration of spivs and charlatans, not replace them with another self serving lot.

It took 100 years of Australian Rugby to castrate the bastards from NSW and destroy their dominance over Australian Rugby. Those that replaced them have been found wanting in so many ways over the last 20 years, but we do not need to go back to the bad old days where pricks like Jones held control.

Grass roots participation my arse.

The grass roots of SA, WA, NT and even the deluded sods in VIC and ACT haven't been approached.

It's all about power and control.

I've got little time for Forrest and his hangers on, but he is the only one who has come up with something which is a break from the past and a genuine alternate pathway, not a surrender to the ratbags who ruled the game for their own benefit for a 100 years, and who's rotten stench still pervades.

And barring a visit from the grim reaper, I'll be around in 5 years to say "I told you so" as I've told you before when blind unthinkig faith has lead you down the same garden path.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Are you suggesting that Papworth has left North and Gray outside the tent (on purpose)? Where does that leave their mate Rob Clarke? Bakkies where do you get these ideas from? You mean the reverse sale business model is not a goa?
    The comment has been made elsewhere that maybe the Vic triumvirate were approached but didn’t want to be part of any coup because they know they’d lose their sugar daddy and open line of credit from Moore Park....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast