Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final at Dorrien Gardens

Senior Player
    vCash
    If we're going for rumours, I heard today that the Fijians are unable to host a final due to broadcast reasons - so we'll see how that goes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    If we're going for rumours, I heard today that the Fijians are unable to host a final due to broadcast reasons - so we'll see how that goes.
    That is correct - or so I'm told.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    Ah that's a shame, poor buggers.

Wonder if Auckland will make a bid to host it? Raelene will probably suggest it

Last edited by chibi; 01-10-18 at 21:53.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Dorrien Gardens ain't that bad, y'all chill out.

vCash
    Honestly though, they can't a reserve somewhere with a bloody great hill? And what of the local club grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Dorrien Gardens ain't that bad, y'all chill out.
    Do you reckon they want it because they're gonna have the game under lights? That'd be a party.

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Honestly though, they can't a reserve somewhere with a bloody great hill? And what of the local club grounds?

Do you reckon they want it because they're gonna have the game under lights? That'd be a party.
    I remember watching the Perth Spirit in the ARC at NIB stadium, and these were only regular season games, not the finals. Why cant we just go to NIB, it's a final, it will probably get a reasonable demand... an attendance of about 5-6k.

It makes the most sense if there is no where else in inner Perth or the Northern suburbs that has a suitable hill then I think we should play this game at NIB.

vCash
    I think it's just cost-prohibitive. That, and they don't want to get the "Marvin Media Machine" behind RA's NRC, nor do they want to charge patrons.

Honestly, I'd love it if it was there, especially if the "Marvin Media Machine" got behind it and it lead to a grand final here also.

Looking at the fact that Fiji can't host their semi-final game; in a fantasyland outcome, I'd go the whole hog and host both semi-finals at NIB in a rip-roaring double-header.

If both Fiji and the Force win, then they can see us all back there the next week, using the Fijians to promote the game around town to build up "Grand Final Week"

A fan can dream hey...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Looking at the fact that Fiji can't host their semi-final game; in a fantasyland outcome, I'd go the whole hog and host both semi-finals at NIB in a rip-roaring double-header. If both Fiji and the Force win, then they can see us all back there the next week, using the Fijians to promote the game around town to build up "Grand Final Week" A fan can dream hey...
    Looking at the ladder, it's reasonable to assume that the drua will play either one of the Queensland's or Melbourne in the semis, Im sure ra would be delighted to have that game played in Perth!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Looking at the ladder, it's reasonable to assume that the drua will play either one of the Queensland's or Melbourne in the semis, Im sure ra would be delighted to have that game played in Perth!
    Wouldn't that be hilarious!

You know, RugbyWA/Minderoo should really offer to host Fiji's finals; I mean, even if the Force lose out, we can still cheer Fiji as our new home team as a consolation! They'd be our media darlings.

On a side note, I wish this upcoming Fiji game was at NIB anyway. Two, potentially three great games in a row, what a build-up that would be. Twiggy's new Force yields rugby bonanza in the west! Etc, etc...

Last edited by chibi; 01-10-18 at 23:55.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    You can just sense that Lark Hill is going to snatch this and score this final, it meets all the criteria, and ofcourse you inner city/ North of the river "die hard sea of blue supporters" will have your loyalty tested. Can and will you travel 50km's down a freeway to watch your beloved "Western" , not Perth, Force team play in another Western Australian location other than the few suburbs north of the swan? Forget the Rugby, that is the true test for the Sea of Blue!
    And that's coming from a die hard sea of blue supporter who asked on Saturday on another thread what the parking was like at UWA and going by that remark had obviously never been there before, do you really think anyone takes you serious.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    And that's coming from a die hard sea of blue supporter who asked on Saturday on another thread what the parking was like at UWA and going by that remark had obviously never been there before, do you really think anyone takes you serious.
    That is because the spirit used to play there, mate.

vCash
    There's some serious elevation at the Harvey field ...

"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I remember watching the Perth Spirit in the ARC at NIB stadium, and these were only regular season games, not the finals. Why cant we just go to NIB, it's a final, it will probably get a reasonable demand... an attendance of about 5-6k.

It makes the most sense if there is no where else in inner Perth or the Northern suburbs that has a suitable hill then I think we should play this game at NIB.
    In 2007 when it was NRC there had been no redevelopment and thus costs were much cheaper, that is no longer the case, it won't be played there, it simply costs too much.

Lark Hill as you have duly noted, is too hard to draw any substantial crowd and based on that alone I doubt it will even be considered. The last thing we want is too let a final end up looking like a NSW crowd. A central location is fair to everyone, North, South, East or West.

I too would have though a rugby club ground closer to the city would have been a better choice, but then again I have complete faith in the people running this organisation, there have done a superb job so far, be it players, matches, opposition, entertainment, marketing, promotion, media etc etc.

P.S - Do you own that scaffold company

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If Perth and Fiji were both to host semi-finals, and Fiji couldn't for various reasons, then can they do a double-header at NIB? Might make hiring the ground worth it, and the TV could broadcast the games back-to-back.

I'm not sure about the changing facilities; are there 4 changing rooms? I heard reports that when there was the double header (womens & mens) for the WSR earlier this year the women feared they would have to change on the bus.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I would have thought if Fiji needed an away home, it would probably be Ballymore. Although if they felt the Islanders would all get in behind, Western Sydney might be another option too.

But knowing RA, they probably wouldn't look past Central Sydney.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast