Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
Yeah I am not sure what happened to Wayne Smith. He was one of the few that actively reported the senate inquiry to the east coast but then Clyne and his cronies must have finally made that call and they must have got to him and then all of a sudden he just stopped reporting positively on the Force and Western Australian rugby completely and then he started siding with the RA's brainwashed spin and now whenever I see one of his articles I usually just skip next untill something decent comes up which usually isn't often.
Wayne did include this in a recent article quoting departing Brumbies CEO Michael Thomson

Meanwhile, Michael Thomson, who announced yesterday he was stepping down as Brumbies CEO after less than two years of his three-year contract, had a couple of parting requests: a new Super Rugby competition that was not a continuation of the old model and a new indoor stadium for Canberra.

“It’s always been progressive, the most progressive rugby comp in the world and we need to get back to thinking along those lines,” Thomson told The Australian. “I know that Rugby Australia is and I guess they need to ensure our SANZAAR partners are as well. One thing I would say is that I don’t think the status quo is sustainable. And probably the other question about South Africa’s involvement is: how committed are they to Super Rugby? I don’t know.”

As he has done before, Thomson pressed again for an indoor stadium, comparable to the functional facility at Dunedin, one that would give Brumbies fans reason to come out on a cold winter’s night.

“We as an organisation recognise that there is always pressures on government funding but, that said, we think it would be a great thing for Canberra if we could get an indoor stadium up and running,” he said.