Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Three reasons why Australian Rugby is on the brink of total implosion

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    My suggestion to Michael Cheika is to watch games played by the English football team and interviews by Gareth Southgate at the recent World Cup . A young team with no mega salary stars coached by one of the good guys . Passion and playing for each other without fear got them to the semis and very nearly to the final .. surely some message there .?
    This 100%

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    My suggestion to Michael Cheika is to watch games played by the English football team and interviews by Gareth Southgate at the recent World Cup . A young team with no mega salary stars coached by one of the good guys . Passion and playing for each other without fear got them to the semis and very nearly to the final .. surely some message there .?
    is the message is to hope for a very favourable draw and the other top teams getting knocked out?
    to finish 2nd in their group, and accidentally enter an easy side of the draw.

if you think you're shit, don't worry ARU fans, England have won just SIX games since 1996 in knockout international football

but gareth is a nice guy and handles the media very well.

also, please can i have one of those no mega salaries please like england player harry kane?
    $360,000 a week, with a total of $31.8 million a year with bonuses.
    6-year deal worth about $190million.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cider my arse

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    The team didn't revolt - there was just a choice few little princesses (like KB) who simply don't like being told to tow the line, and that's what's endemic in this Wallabies team now. There are the choice few who believe their own BS, have been catered to & don't play for the team just themselves. It's not really surprising what's happening, especially when the coach/RA encourage it. Which is what I've loved about the Force - Hodgo and management don't tolerate that shit, and it shows up in how they play together on the field, and its also obvious with the ABs.
    And its no coincidence that AAC was involved either. Have a look at when Nucifora got the punt from the Brumbies he was there as well no doubt causing a bit of shit.

Player
    vCash
    All that aside CR and you’re right about Harry Kane ...my point was that if the attitude and culture are right a team of relatively young and unknown players can achieve great things . Closer to home the Force in its final season proved that .... This is sadly lacking in the Wallabies camp and the issues are not being addressed at any level by the administrators .

Player
    vCash
    A league mate made the quip recently. Should be some close games against Georgia and Spain in the future !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    That is so stupid! That Super 8's crossover series is one of the most innovative ideas I've seen in any .
    Sure is stupid. This week has seen three Championship teams beat Super League clubs. Toronto will go up and Hull KR will probably have to fight it out with Toulouse or London in the Million Game. Widnes will be relegated. Bit of Karma there as Leeds were the only SL club to vote for the format to stay. So there is a real possibility of a 12 team SL with teams from Toronto, Perpignan, and Toulouse or London and no Hull KR in 2019.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    It is karma isn't it? Thing of it is though, I remember there was a restriction on Perpignan getting relegated, does that also go for Toulouse or Toronto, for that matter?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    It is karma isn't it? Thing of it is though, I remember there was a restriction on Perpignan getting relegated, does that also go for Toulouse or Toronto, for that matter?
    As it stands there will only be automatic one up one down. I doubt there is any restriction now. With possibly 2 French teams and one team of mainly Aussies playing out of Toronto it looks a case of careful what you wished for. Toronto are already recruiting for SL with Sharks' Ricky Lutele the latest.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Relegation protection against Catalans went out the window years ago. I just can't see London being sustainable. They have had that many identity and venue changes it is like the revolving door of Australian prime ministers. The Aussie and Kiwi expat scene in London has also changed considerably so they can't rely on that support. The Walkabouts are all gone. The Slug, the Redback, the Church, Earls Court and Shepherd's Bush hang outs went yonks ago. The club also doesn't get much media coverage in London.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Relegation protection against Catalans went out the window years ago. I just can't see London being sustainable. They have had that many identity and venues
    Yep lots of bumps in the road since they first formed as part of Fulham FC in 1980. So they've been pretty much unsustainable for about 38 years now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2