Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Western Force v NSW Country Eagles - Round 2 2018

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Here a couple of possible reasons why they don't

1. Plenty of room on the hill and atmosphere is great
    2. Cost
    3. Potential damage to ground from scaffold. When you get there you will see there are many grounds side by side, it's not just one ground. As Grahams write up on G&G said, they almost rival bowling greens (except Leederville Sporting Club )
    4. Money better spent on the activities your kids will get to enjoy when you go to the next game, not aware of such efforts made for any other NRC games in other locations. Get there early and take full advantage.

Basically, they just don't need them.
    Yeah I'll go there with an open mind and hopefully sitting on a patch of grass on a hill is as good as everyone seems to think it is. I kinda get it though, it creates a picnic vibe and its elevated up so you can see the action but I am still a bit shocked that every game is being played at UWA and it doesnt even have a stand anywhere not even a temp one like at Lark Hill, and Lark Hill also had it's own permanent stand. It just seems like an enormous downgrade on the facilities that are available. Surely they could have given half the games to Lark Hill given they presented so well as hosts of the Force vs Australian Stockman game.

Looking forward to checking out all the kids stuff though, big thumbs up to the organizers for doing that.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Get one of these at Bunnings for a tenner, I got one, comes with a carry strap

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    [QUOTE=chibi;459467]Get one of these at Bunnings for a tenner, I got one, comes with a carry strap

But there's no where to put your beer

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The beer never leaves my hand until it's finished

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Yeah I'll go there with an open mind and hopefully sitting on a patch of grass on a hill is as good as everyone seems to think it is. I kinda get it though, it creates a picnic vibe and its elevated up so you can see the action but I am still a bit shocked that every game is being played at UWA and it doesnt even have a stand anywhere not even a temp one like at Lark Hill, and Lark Hill also had it's own permanent stand. It just seems like an enormous downgrade on the facilities that are available. Surely they could have given half the games to Lark Hill given they presented so well as hosts of the Force vs Australian Stockman game. Looking forward to checking out all the kids stuff though, big thumbs up to the organizers for doing that.
    Fellow rocko boy, so you know I'm coming from a similar viewpoint. I like the experience at McGillivray. It's really nice on the hill, plenty of shade and a good pitch. Yes, lark Hill has newer facilities, but the drawback is it being on a suburban extreme of the city. Uwa sports Park isn't perfectly central, but it's close and it also has the advantage of being a regular training ground for the force. I'm happy to trade a grandstand for Phil. And understand that more roodogs will turn up there than lark Hill. Just like we both would be unlikely to travel to brothers to watch every game.

C'mon the

vCash
    The hill at McGillivray lends itself to having many, many more bodies in optimum position to watch the game than any other venue in the Perth region, including Lark Hill & Mandurah. The facilities may be tired in comparison with many of the other venues, but the simple availability of excellent viewing means McGillivray is the best.

vCash
    I would like the cameras at McGillivray on the other side, though; facing the hill. For a start, the camera area takes up prime space which could be used by another ~100 people, and it would also give the viewers the view of the spectators behind the match.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I would like the cameras at McGillivray on the other side, though; facing the hill. For a start, the camera area takes up prime space which could be used by another ~100 people, and it would also give the viewers the view of the spectators behind the match.
    Elevation is an issue though, it's already elevated on the hill, imagine how big the scaffolding would have to be to get the elevation needed to get the game and the crowd without tilting up which I don't know they would do.

vCash
    Yeah it seems bizarre that they wouldnt just set up a $1-2k scaffold on the other side of the field and just sit the camera on that so you can take in the crowd. It really looked like the worst supported team in the NRC on TV when it was actually getting more spectators than the Rebels vs Jaguares game in Melbourne this year. It's a shame because it would showcase just how much support in here in the West even for the NRC side. I still reckon some temp stands would be good on the opposite side. Anyways I'll find out what the fuss is about in a few weeks when I get there.

vCash
    i'll go anywhere so long as i don't have to drink that gage road hello sunshine cider, it's shocking.
    only had 1 x bokkle and that was enough.
    used to enjoy a few on the hill, but at least i can drive there now, because i won't be drinking.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wt0I60ZGp0

cider my arse

Senior Player
    vCash
    Team for Sunday
    1. Harrison Lloyd

2. Harry Scoble

3. Kieran Longbottom

4. Fergus Lee-Warner

5. Jeremy Thrush

6. Tevin Ferris

7. Chris Alcock

8. Brynard Stander

9. Ian Prior

10. Andrew Deegan

11. Rodney Davies

12. Henry Taefu

13. Marcel Brache

14. Masivesi Dakuwaqa

15. Jack McGregor

Reserves

16. Heath Tessmann

17. Cameron Orr

18. Chris Heiberg

19. Leon Power

20. Harrison Orr

21. Issak Fines

22. Rodney Iona

23. Peter Grant
    http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/09...nd-three-teams

vCash
    Building a solid team there, hopefully we'll find a few fixtures where we can blood other names, but win at all costs is the right way to go imho

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Elevation is an issue though, it's already elevated on the hill, imagine how big the scaffolding would have to be to get the elevation needed to get the game and the crowd without tilting up which I don't know they would do.
    They have scaffolding on the hill anyway to get the elevation, and it has to be done on a slope. If the cameras were on the opposite side, they could be set up on a cherry picker if the scaffolding was too expensive.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    They have scaffolding on the hill anyway to get the elevation, and it has to be done on a slope. If the cameras were on the opposite side, they could be set up on a cherry picker if the scaffolding was too expensive.
    Or a 4WD scissor lift with some outriggers
    Costs $200 for delivery each way and another $150 a day to hire. Therefor a huge cost of $550-$700 to set up the camera and you would still see the sea of blue on the hill so our fans can give a big F U to the RA!

I am sure a sponsor could help with the hiring cost if 700 bucks breaks the bank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Or a 4WD scissor lift with some outriggers
    Costs $200 for delivery each way and another $150 a day to hire. Therefor a huge cost of $550-$700 to set up the camera and you would still see the sea of blue on the hill so our fans can give a big F U to the RA!

I am sure a sponsor could help with the hiring cost if 700 bucks breaks the bank.
    I know a few truck drivers but not in Perth.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast