Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Western Force v NSW Country Eagles - Round 2 2018

Champion
    vCash
    Pretty fair summary here. Yes a great day, plenty of points but let's not get carried away. The Eagles showed up a few problems. They will continue to improve and will be there at the end. I'm glad we got them in their first game actually.

Western Force maintain unbeaten record with dominant win over NSW Eagles
    Nick Taylor The West Australian
    Sunday, 9 September 2018 5:54PM

Western Force remain unbeaten and in second place in the National Rugby Championship after their bonus point 54-28 victory against the NSW Country Eagles at UWA Sports Park.
    They scored eight tries to four in a comfortable if not entirely convincing win and coach Tim Sampson said he had to “flick the switch pretty quickly” facing two games on the road against Canberra Vikings and Queensland Country on the Gold Coast.
    Sampson certainly needs to switch on his midfield defence where the Eagles exposed holes, particularly in the early period. But he said it would be an easy fix.

More here

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...-ng-b88955039z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Yes, very good. He also put the crowd at 4500 - 5000.
    The commentary on the Foxsports replay put it at "over" 4000 in attendance. They said if you fill the hill it's easily 3000-4000 and with everyone else it was more.

Good crowd I guess. Not sure of the venue but I'm taking my kids to the next game so I guess we will see what it's like. I am surprised there isnt a stand there and why dont theu set up some temporary stands on the opposite side to the hill like the did at Lark Hill for the Australia Stockman vs Western Force game?

Here is a good example of the stand at Lark Hill during the Force vs Stockman game..

vCash
    Lark Hills stands were probably donated, or provided at a discount by a club member

C'mon the

vCash
    Dom & Chibi - They didn’t do any replica shirts for the home games this year. I guess they thought there wouldn’t be enough demand with only 3 games. Plus, they have lots of blue Force gear to sell :-)

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    The commentary on the Foxsports replay put it at "over" 4000 in attendance. They said if you fill the hill it's easily 3000-4000 and with everyone else it was more.

Good crowd I guess. Not sure of the venue but I'm taking my kids to the next game so I guess we will see what it's like. I am surprised there isnt a stand there and why dont theu set up some temporary stands on the opposite side to the hill like the did at Lark Hill for the Australia Stockman vs Western Force game?

Here is a good example of the stand at Lark Hill during the Force vs Stockman game..
    Here a couple of possible reasons why they don't

1. Plenty of room on the hill and atmosphere is great
    2. Cost
    3. Potential damage to ground from scaffold. When you get there you will see there are many grounds side by side, it's not just one ground. As Grahams write up on G&G said, they almost rival bowling greens (except Leederville Sporting Club )
    4. Money better spent on the activities your kids will get to enjoy when you go to the next game, not aware of such efforts made for any other NRC games in other locations. Get there early and take full advantage.

Basically, they just don't need them.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Plus, and most importantly, the NRC is funded by Rugby Australia. It is up to them to hire venues and grandstanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Plus, and most importantly, the NRC is funded by Rugby Australia. It is up to them to hire venues and grandstanding.
    Speaking of which, is there any main sponsor for NRC anymore, used to be Buildcorp??

vCash
    Sunday was perfect. Don't change a thing. My kids loved the bouncy Raelene Castle and as usual we had a picnic on the hill.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Interesting, so you are saying they could just not bother hiring a venue and have the Force forfeit every home game...?

RA runs the competition, for good or bad. The teams run the game day and engagement with their supporters, for good or bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    RA runs the competition, for good or bad. The teams run the game day and engagement with their supporters, for good or bad.
    This is interesting then. So does this mean that had Minderoo intended to incorporate the NRC into the advertised WSR/Force fixture list this season, complete with mainstream advertising and NIB Stadium, all the WSR trimmings, it would actually have been out of their hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Dom & Chibi - They didn't do any replica shirts for the home games this year. I guess they thought there wouldn’t be enough demand with only 3 games. Plus, they have lots of blue Force gear to sell :-)
    A likely story, Alison! I'll be scouring eBay for the "Alison's Bootlegs" sporting goods store...

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    This is interesting then. So does this mean that had Minderoo intended to incorporate the NRC into the advertised WSR/Force fixture list this season, complete with mainstream advertising and NIB Stadium, all the WSR trimmings, it would actually have been out of their hands?

A likely story, Alison! I'll be scouring eBay for the "Alison's Bootlegs" sporting goods store...
    Hahahaha!

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Speaking of which, is there any main sponsor for NRC anymore, used to be Buildcorp??
    Nope. There is no sponsor for the competition.

I may be wrong but I think the only thing that RA covers is the travel & accomm costs of the away fixtures. Home fixtures are funded by the local union. Maybe one of our RA viewers could confirm?

vCash
    Couldn't even get McDonald's to sponsor it, and they'll sponsor anything

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Nope. There is no sponsor for the competition.

I may be wrong but I think the only thing that RA covers is the travel & accomm costs of the away fixtures. Home fixtures are funded by the local union. Maybe one of our RA viewers could confirm?
    I have been told that Buildcorp pulled out due to ARU at the time not supporting women's rugby, which is obviously why their hands was forced to get SuperW up and running so quick last year, what a disgrace.

As far as NRC goes, it seems that Fox are footing the bill for most of it. Therefore they would choose which games are live and which are streamed.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast