Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane City v Western Force - Game 1 NRC 2018

Player
    vCash
    Playing in a team you don’t want to play for with coaches that don’t want to be there. A culture that’s non existent . A fan base that’s non existent... it has to affect you eventually.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Proves you can't buy titles even at this level.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Does anyone else think its incredibly strange that they have had to define "city" at the end of "Brisbane" almost like you may be fooled by any alternative... Yet the Sydney side doesnt seem to make any mention of being the "City"

I think we may have previously discussed this but it still seems to be pissing me off a bit. When can we expect Brisbane Country to be granted a license?

vCash
    I think there is an outline of Brisbane Town Hall on the team's logo.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Does anyone else think its incredibly strange that they have had to define "city" at the end of "Brisbane" almost like you may be fooled by any alternative... Yet the Sydney side doesnt seem to make any mention of being the "City"

I think we may have previously discussed this but it still seems to be pissing me off a bit. When can we expect Brisbane Country to be granted a license?
    Spartan! Get over it! You are going to destroy your self with your negativity!
    Look for the good for a change not the bad! You will feel better!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Does anyone else think its incredibly strange that they have had to define "city" at the end of "Brisbane" almost like you may be fooled by any alternative... Yet the Sydney side doesnt seem to make any mention of being the "City" I think we may have previously discussed this but it still seems to be pissing me off a bit. When can we expect Brisbane Country to be granted a license?
    Mate, I can get pretty tinfoil hat at times, but I can't agree with that one. Nobody questions Manchester city, Melbourne city etc. I think it's a bit of a nothing. I'm sure there are plenty of issues of substance that you can rant about. Best you leave this one imho

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Mate, I can get pretty tinfoil hat at times, but I can't agree with that one. Nobody questions Manchester city, Melbourne city etc. I think it's a bit of a nothing. I'm sure there are plenty of issues of substance that you can rant about. Best you leave this one imho
    Bad example as Manchester city represents the city centre and Manchester United represents greater Manchester (Suburbia etc) this would be like having Sydney and Western Sydney or something like that. But When there is no other Brisbane team and no other part of Australia called Brisbane except the "City" of Brisbane it all seems so pointless. In NRL they have the Brisbane Broncos, not the Brisbane City Broncos
    Anyways the naming for these teams is pretty average. I very much doubt the Force will ever play outside of Perth and I doubt any fans will come to Perth to see them so the spirit was fitting for that very purpose, it represented Perth, maybe now they should put a game or two in the Pilbarra and South West and make it truely representative, I mean they went to all that trouble to change the name.

I'm failing to build up any excitement for todays "Force" game but hey atleast I'm going to watch it.

vCash
    Brisbane City sounds fine, leave it.

And who is to say in ten years time whether there is a South team in the comp, I don't think they'd have to change the name that way.

Like it or not Perth is by far the hub of Western Australia so as far as spreading around the games maybe if there were more viable population centres in WA that will be an option. It isn't like Sydney where there are large cities within a city calling for rugby. There are a bunch of small suburbs in the Perth Metro area and that's it. Add those suburbs together in a central area and you have a well supported team, put the games down in one of the extremities and you don't. See: any game ever in the outer suburbs.

As for failing to build any excitement, why don't you piss off? Jesus Christ you're a miserable sod.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Was actually thinking exactly the same thing earlier this morning. I guess teams are a bit naked without a second part to their name.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Spartan, don't take my comments as an endorsement of the killing of the Perth Spirit identity. I think that was an atrocious decision. I'm still not really concerned what the f Sydney and Brisbane call themselves, I'd spend more time worrying about whether we get a fair ref today.

I wouldn't mind the ref being completely dodgy if we win it convincingly, but not sure whether we're good enough for that.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Brisbane City sounds fine, leave it.

And who is to say in ten years time whether there is a South team in the comp, I don't think they'd have to change the name that way.

Like it or not Perth is by far the hub of Western Australia so as far as spreading around the games maybe if there were more viable population centres in WA that will be an option. It isn't like Sydney where there are large cities within a city calling for rugby. There are a bunch of small suburbs in the Perth Metro area and that's it. Add those suburbs together in a central area and you have a well supported team, put the games down in one of the extremities and you don't. See: any game ever in the outer suburbs.

As for failing to build any excitement, why don't you piss off? Jesus Christ you're a miserable sod.
    I get your point but the names of the teams seem to be changed frequently anyway.

I actually disagree entirely with your comments on spreading the games around, this is something New Zealand does without fail and they spread their games into far smaller population centers than what we have. Remember this is the NRC where they are lucky, and I mean really lucky, to pull over 2k to a game. A comp like the NRC could be used as an opportunity to spread the Force identity around the state and break the shackles of the Force being a representation of Perth and a few surrounding inner suburbs.

Population centres:

Bunbury (76k)
    Albany (35k)
    Broome/Karratha/Port Hedland (total combined pop 45k)
    Mandurah (90k)

Most New Zealand population centers are smaller than this and they get full pro super rugby games.

This is how you spread the game around and make it popular, having the game stuck up at NIB or worse UWA miles North of the Swan River does nothing but confirm the Force are just a team for the Perth City elite.

People like you can put your head in the sand though or quite simply listen to the fans who are saying that The Force brand is simply not spread around enough to be meaningful to the rest of the state. It was great what they did for Lark Hill but what was incredibly disappointing was that there simply was zero advertisement from RugbyWA to promote that fixture in the South. Nothing. Another opportunity missed.

Last edited by SPaRTAN; 02-09-18 at 10:36.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Spartan, don't take my comments as an endorsement of the killing of the Perth Spirit identity. I think that was an atrocious decision. I'm still not really concerned what the f Sydney and Brisbane call themselves, I'd spend more time worrying about whether we get a fair ref today.

I wouldn't mind the ref being completely dodgy if we win it convincingly, but not sure whether we're good enough for that.
    A 30 point hiding would more than make my Father's day. Will be good to see Hunt and Cooper in action though, let's see how our boys handle them.

vCash
    I am sure the Force have played pre season matches in Bunbury.

A game against the Rising should be at Kalgoorlie.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    I am sure the Force have played pre season matches in Bunbury.

A game against the Rising should be at Kalgoorlie.
    or Newman, since the Vics pinched the "Bloody Slow Cup" idea from us.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    [QUOTE=SPaRTAN;459008]Bad example as Manchester city represents the city centre and Manchester United represents greater Manchester (Suburbia etc)

arf, completely wrong!
    but that's the story the city fans have spread for years, so it's working.
    thanks, you've made my day

cider my arse

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast