Thread: Sydney Suburban Rugby 2018 Season Results

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Sydney Suburban Rugby 2018 Season Results

Gday folks.

I just wanted to share with you what happened with the Rugby Club I am involved with here in Sydney.

For those of you who are new to this. I am a Committee Member for the Hawkesbury Agricultural College Rugby Union Football Club. We are based out of Richmond NSW, and play on the Richmond Campus of the Western Sydney University and have done so since 1891.

This year we were a part of Sydney Suburban Rugby Competition. (Subbies) Division 3. with 3 Senior Teams and a Colts Team.

Results

Colts
    This is the 2nd year we have had a Colts team, as mandated by Sydney Rugby. We had a dramatic improvement from our first year where we struggled to put a team on the paddock. We finished the year with 5 wins and 6th position on the ladder out of 8.

Thirds
    Thirds again struggled with a lack of consistent players being available week in week out with a number of our best players been subject to Roster changes in their employment and some problems with our Coaching staff. Thirds finished the season in 6th place with 4 wins for the season.

Seconds
    Our Second Grade squad was simply brilliant - Going thru the entire season undefeated and Capturing their 2nd Grand Final in 3 years. 16 wins for the year.

First Grade
    First Grade won their 3rd Grand Final in 3 years yesterday. Finishing the home and away season in 2nd place with 11 wins and one draw.

Overall the Mighty Men of HAC Rugby finished the year in 2nd Place in the Division 3 Club Championship and in 5 Place in the Cowboy Cup(Overall Subbies Club Championship)

This year HAC Rugby commemorated 100 years of the return of staff and students from World War 1. In 1914 the Hawkesbury Agricultural College virtually shutdown as a very large majority of the Faculty and Students answered their countrys call and joined the War effort. Because most where Farmers or sons of Farmers with Horse riding experience the ranks of the Light Horseman and support units (Vetenary staff and horse handlers). 136 members of Hawkesbury Argicultural College never came home from Gallipoli and World War 1.

HAC Rugby commisioned a Special jersey for this year. with the names of all 136 players imprinted into the jersey.

Name:  HAC 1.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  124.8 KB Name:  HAC 2.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  147.3 KB

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well done to the HAC club. And good job, Exile!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well done and hopefully the talented players coming through will have a pathway to the WSR Western Sydney side.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Nice one exile, and thank you to the men and boys of HAC who gave their all, especially those 136 who didn't come home

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor