Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Western Force v Panasonic Wild Nights - 17 August 2018

vCash
    The vibe last night was just awesome and confirms we’ve got a product that is sustainable. Best game of the series. Also loving the multi cultural aspect of it and the respect our crowds are giving it – breath of fresh air. Jap team bow in front of us last night was neck chilling stuff. Their fans are some of the most dedicated too – they had their own TV crew interviewing fans last night live during the game – great exposure in Japan for next year’s comp. Last year’s disappointment is a thing of the past – we’ve a lot to look forward to.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    How can I watch a replay?

7plus only has the Hong Kong game, twitters live feed seems to not be working (unless i need an account), nothing on you tube yet.

Any help much appreciated

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Berrick Barnes getting stretchered off was the only low-light, for mine. Seemed to me he maybe shouldn't have been on the field at the time either. After that massive hit he took from (I think) Cam Orr, he had the rubbery legged staggers after he got up. IIRC the trainer went and spoke to him but left him on. With his history he probably should have been getting a HIA in the sheds. Hope the knee is not too bad.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post

7plus only has the Hong Kong game, twitters live feed seems to not be working (unless i need an account), nothing on you tube yet.

Usually It doesn’t appear on 7 plus until about 24 hours after the game.
    Otherwise give it about 4 days and they usually put it up on YouTube

Player
    vCash
    Sorry if I sound like a broken record but the options to watch WSR have been amazing. At the start I was using a VPN to watch the delayed game but now the live Twitter is hands down the best option for those of us not in Oz and really opens the game up to new viewers.
    The kids and I sat down to breakfast at a restaurant in the Big Apple this morning and watched the game live! Much to the amusement of our waiter. This is real innovation for Rugby. Even sent the link to a Canadian mate who loves rugby.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Usually It doesn’t appear on 7 plus until about 24 hours after the game.
    Otherwise give it about 4 days and they usually put it up on YouTube
    You can watch it on Twitter without an account.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post

Type in google: 'Twitter WSR' and it should give you a direct link to the world series rugby Twitter page. Scroll down and find the video of the game. Click it and when the video is playing fast forward to the start of the game. The recorded Twitter feed starts early so its a blank screen for the first hour or so at times until the broadcast kicks in.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/Wsr/status/1030399111122444288?s=20

That should be the direct link to the game

vCash
    Have you seen the Greater Sydney Rams' fan page on Twitter the HornedArmy? They are getting excited about Twiggy.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Berrick hurt his ankle, will have scan checkup today, but hopefully nothing too serious-maybe a sprain or he said he heard a pop (not the joint). He did come out onto the bench to watch the rest of the game, but what a class act he is! Eat shit RA! Ya lost another one ya dumb bastards.

vCash
    Don't hold back valzc, let them know what you really think haha

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    The West tells it as it was. How different from the RA's spin doctors who had this headline: Force take win over wounded Wild Knights.
    Wounded? They lost Berrick which was unfortunate and sad but listening to Robbie Deans after the game no way did he put the loss down to that.
    He was enthusiastic about the game (well, as enthusiastic as he can be) and said what a wonderful night it was, especially having the crowd on the pitch after the game. He spent time with his players signing autographs, chatting and having selfies.
    Thanks you Mr Deans.
    RA spin doctors - maybe the ERA believe you but the rest of the rugby world are not fools.

Western Force cling on in epic 13-try World Series Rugby finale
    Nick TaylorThe West Australian
    Saturday, 18 August 2018 10:27AM

World Series Rugby has been entertaining all season and the Western Force and Panasonic Wild Knights produced plenty of action last night in the Force’s 50-45 victory at nib Stadium.
    The game was energetic and fast-moving, had a Wild Knights powerplay seven-point try and was watched by 14,697 fans, taking WSR’s total audience to 104,348 in seven games.
    It was a try-fest with 13 scored, seven by the Force. And it was not a particularly scrappy or unstructured game. Most tries were well-constructed or were the end product of accurate play or individual skill.

More here

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...-ng-b88932327z

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I went with my 4-yr old son and the 6 games I've managed to be in town for the year has been the highlight of my year. Even though we are standing under the big eastern stand and I have to carry him on my shoulders most of the game we have an absolute ball every game. I thought the WF vs Knights game was by far the best game I've been to this year (almost as good as beating the warratahs last year), atmosphere was awesome, contest was bloody brilliant, fast-faced game with some good runs. For me the live band & Lachie (although annoying some times) really helped the atmosphere and my son & I were dancing for much of the game. If WSR can continue this sort of fast-pace game, entertaining atmosphere then we will continue to bring the crowds and non-rugby people will want to see the spectacle. For me the biggest thing I noticed this year is that we are really appreciative of the other teams ( I felt soo bad for Berrick Barnes last night) and we get so involved with the opposition teams culture & tradition (dancers, etc) which I think is brilliant. As much as I hate RA, I think I've finally turned the corner and would rather put my energies into WF & my son's rugby each Saturday morning then worry about continuing my hatred for RA..life is too-short and WSR is too much fun!!

14 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    #FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wasmute View Post
    I went with my 4-yr old son and the 6 games I've managed to be in town for the year has been the highlight of my year. Even though we are standing under the big eastern stand and I have to carry him on my shoulders most of the game we have an absolute ball every game. I thought the WF vs Knights game was by far the best game I've been to this year (almost as good as beating the warratahs last year), atmosphere was awesome, contest was bloody brilliant, fast-faced game with some good runs. For me the live band & Lachie (although annoying some times) really helped the atmosphere and my son & I were dancing for much of the game. If WSR can continue this sort of fast-pace game, entertaining atmosphere then we will continue to bring the crowds and non-rugby people will want to see the spectacle. For me the biggest thing I noticed this year is that we are really appreciative of the other teams ( I felt soo bad for Berrick Barnes last night) and we get so involved with the opposition teams culture & tradition (dancers, etc) which I think is brilliant. As much as I hate RA, I think I've finally turned the corner and would rather put my energies into WF & my son's rugby each Saturday morning then worry about continuing my hatred for RA..life is too-short and WSR is too much fun!!
    Ok I’m going to get blasted somewhere but......
    Wasmute I’m so pleased you enjoyed the game, entertainment etc, (here’s my oh Faak moment) but one of the BIG things about rugby union is RESPECT! Saying that I have to admit that there isn’t a lot between clubs in WA!!!! I’ve heard certain clubs CHEER when an opponent is injured! NO that isn’t RU! We applaud the guy being carried off not the oaf that smacked him! Ala Berrick last night it was great to hear OUR supporters putting their hands together for a talented player. I was also happy that we didn’t BOO the kicker for the opposition!
    I’m personally not happy with SOME of the music/camera antics while the game is being played but if that brings in the extra 5/10K I will gowith it!

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wasmute View Post
    I have taken my 13 year old rugby playing grandson to 4 of the WSR games, along with his different non-rugby playing friends. They love all the WSR entertainment, fireworks and hype. As Twiggy said they are the future.
    Also a increasing number of my AFL crazy golf mates are now starting to watch the Force games on 7, and commented on what a great game the Panasonic v Force game was on Friday. Those AFL fans are our future as well.
    Good job Twiggy, Hodgo and WSR.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast