Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Player Contracts - Discussion Thread

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Luke Morohan having another blinder for Bristol! Can he be enticed back? How the hell did the Wobblies let him go! Yet another one who goes overseas and starts playing great rugby. Although he played really well at the Force.
    Good attacker, terrible defender. We seem to have real difficulties in Australia in creating wingers who great all-round players. Most are great in one area and average at others.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Luke Morohan having another blinder for Bristol! Can he be enticed back? How the hell did the Wobblies let him go! Yet another one who goes overseas and starts playing great rugby. Although he played really well at the Force.
    Morahan played wing and they need a hype machine from the tahs in that spot. Remember naiyaravoro? 130 kegs of fat slow winger who was talked up for years but never seemed to be able to stay in the field when tackled by guys half his size?

C'mon the

vCash
    As well as what James and Gigs have said, Morahan played both wing and full-back, and that Wallaby spot was inked in for Folau, with permanent marker.

Plus, Morahan was let go by the Reds when they were getting a group of young talent coming through (Kerevi, Kuridrani, Placid, Tuilagi) and Lachie Turner was recruited from the Waratahs, so Morahan was seen as superfluous. For the Wallabies to pick him after that, meant that the East Coast must have made a mistake in identifying his talent, which never happens () so even when Luke was performing well for us, he was never going to get a Wallaby gig.

He's averaging about a try a game for Bristol, and seems to be enjoying his rugby, and the RA don't seem to be in any great rush to cap Force players, so why would he leave a decent gig in the UK for the uncertainty of a new competition and the vague whisper of a possibility of adding to his 3 Wallaby caps.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Player
    vCash
    Just watched Morahan outrun Jonny May on the outside..... left him for dead ! Then think of Folau being caught easily from behind ...... mmmm

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Don't think Thrush was announced as a marquee. He is a Force player not a Minderoo Rapid Rugby marquee player.
    He is the Force marquee player

vCash
    I wasn't sure about Thrush in the WSR - he turned up half-way through the comp, didn't seem match-fit and didn't impose himself as he should have done. Then we lost Johan Bardoul for the last couple of matches and the NRC, and Thrush really stepped up. Happy to have him as a marquee player, especially if he can teach our young locks how to be a hard man without resorting to thuggishness (which Coleman seems to be suffering from!)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I wasn't sure about Thrush in the WSR - he turned up half-way through the comp, didn't seem match-fit and didn't impose himself as he should have done. Then we lost Johan Bardoul for the last couple of matches and the NRC, and Thrush really stepped up. Happy to have him as a marquee player, especially if he can teach our young locks how to be a hard man without resorting to thuggishness (which Coleman seems to be suffering from!)
    Yeah that’s the side of Coleman’s game that I’ve never liked.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I would say thuggishness is what Cheika seems to be telling the Wallabies to do. Rather than work on improving skills & strategy, let’s take the shortcuts & just bash up the middle with the big boys. I think he calls it “The Australian way”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Yeah that’s the side of Coleman’s game that I’ve never liked.
    He has regressed all round as a player this year. I say he committed the most handling errors in the opposition 22 over the past four games.

He isn’t an enforcer which is a role that is redundant after Bakkies Botha took it too literally with unbound cleanouts leading with the shoulder, headbutts and dirty tackles on smaller players. Plays that would to a red card these days.

Ireland and NZ don’t have an enforcer in the row. Etzebeth tried to be that player for the Boks but he has become brittle and smaller forwards have dumped him on his arse.

vCash
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881039562z

Three re-sign for Western Force ahead of Global Rapid Rugby debut

Nick TaylorThe West Australian
    Monday, 3 December 2018 7:09PM
    Nick Taylor

Marcel Brache has re-committed to the Western Force for another year.

Western Force continue to rebuild for their debut in Global Rapid Rugby, re-signing three more players.

American international outside back Marcel Brache, speedster Rod Davies and flanker Henry Stowers have all signed for a further year after a season of World Series Rugby.

The Force will play seven sides from Japan, Fiji, Samoa, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia in the GRR competition bankrolled by mining magnate Andrew Forrest.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Great news!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Academy boys get the call

The Western Force have called up Future Force Academy products Carlo Tizzano and Ben Grant to their 2019 extended playing squad.

Tizzano has been one of the most spoken about names in the U20’s circuit, bouncing back from injury to have a highly successful year which saw him touring Europe with the Australian U18’s and Schoolboys squad.

The young 18-year-old says playing for the Force is a huge honour for himself and his family.

“It means a lot to be signed by the team I’ve grown up supporting and dreamt of playing for since I started playing rugby,” Tizzano says.

“It’s a huge honour for my family and me, and I can’t wait to rip in.

“Playing in all the junior state teams all the way from U14’s to U19’s, and now to be playing at an elite level, the feeling is indescribable.”

Initially attracted to the contact aspect of Rugby, Tizzano has had no regrets since making the move from AFL and says he is looking forward to continue learning from the team.

“Being young, I feel that it is best to be an open book and learn from the lads that have been there and done it before me,” he said.

“I’m really looking forward to playing with ‘Cocky’ [Chris Alcock]. We have played a few club games together (at UWA Rugby Club) and it was unreal for me to learn off someone of his calibre. We always push each other to see who can get more turnovers so I’m keen to keep that up.”

Growing up through the Rugby WA pathway Tizzano has found mentors in former Force captain Matt Hodgson and Harrison Orr.

“I have always looked up to Hodgo, he’s a legend of the club and it’s just a bonus he is the same position as me,” Tizzano said.

“It has been unreal having him around this year as he has helped me evolve my game, especially around the breakdown.

“Big Orrsy [Harrison Orr] has been really good to me over the course of this year and has pushed me to be better inside and out of rugby.”

https://www.westernforce.com.au/acad...-get-the-call/

Senior Player
    vCash
    Andrew Deegan back for another year

From the Force twitter:

More good news to start your weekend early 🎊

Andrew Deegan, Issak Fines, Rodney Iona and Fergus Lee-Warner are all back next year 🙌

https://twitter.com/westernforce/sta...91173684764673

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Andrew Deegan back for another year

From the Force twitter:

More good news to start your weekend early 🎊

Andrew Deegan, Issak Fines, Rodney Iona and Fergus Lee-Warner are all back next year 🙌

https://twitter.com/westernforce/sta...91173684764673
    Good news!

Champion
    vCash
    I was flicking through the Sunday Times at the deli yesterday and there was a big story on Deegan and other Force stuff. Couldn't find it online. Anyone else have any luck?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast