Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2019 Player Contracts - Discussion Thread

Senior Player
    vCash
    Local sensation returns home
    December 11, 2018
    The Western Force have brought home kicking prodigy, Nick Jooste, to play in the inaugural 2019 Global Rapid Rugby competition.

Jooste returns to WA after finishing a two-year deal with the Brumbies which put his name in the history books for being only the sixth player to sign a Super Rugby contract while still in high school.

The 21-year-old Hale School pupil crashed into the professional circuit in 2015 with the Perth Spirit as the youngest player in the NRC that year and is looking forward to representing his state once again.

“The Force was my team growing up in Perth and I was a die-hard whilst growing up,” Jooste said.

“I still remember when I was around 10 or 12 and James O’Connor gave me one of his boots.”

The accomplished fly-half said moving over east forced him to grow up quickly, but he is excited to further hone his craft and learn from many at the Force.

“I definitely learnt a lot from the Brumbies from guys like Stephen Larkham and also had a bit to do with Tim Sampson down there which was pretty cool,” Jooste said.

“I’ve always loved playing and training around Marcel Brache. He brings a lot of good energy and is always good been good fun to train with.

“Ian Prior is someone who is really good for me to learn from as a 10. He has got really good control of the game, so it would be good to learn from him.”

Jooste is also readying himself for the fast-paced running style that Rapid Rugby will bring and is looking forward to the potential for extra ball-in-play time for himself.

“It’s going to be fast and you’re to have to be fit. That is probably the first thing that struck my mind about rapid rugby,” he said.

“It definitely will be cool to get some more ball-in-play time.”
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/loca...-returns-home/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Global Rapid Rugby: Nick Jooste signs with Western Force
    Nick Taylor The West Australian
    Tuesday, 11 December 2018 1:05PM

Super-boot Nick Jooste has returned home and signed with the Western Force for next year's Global Rapid Rugby debut season.
    Jooste was controversially poached by then Brumbies coach Stephen Larkham in 2015 as he was set to join the Force academy. He became only the sixth player in Super Rugby to sign a contract while still at high school.
    He was also the youngest player in the National Rugby Championship, playing for Perth Spirit before he moved.

More here

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881047519z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great! I really hope Nick Joost cracks it...Deegan too. I was disappointed when Brumbies snaffled him and we didn't get a glimpse of his potential

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Senior Player
    vCash
    From Force twitter page:

Welcoming back Johan Bardoul, Feleti Kaitu'u and Markus Vanzati for our 2019 Western Force squad

https://twitter.com/westernforce?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Senior Player
    vCash
    Bash has retired effective immediately as per here : https://www.westernforce.com.au/pete...-up-his-boots/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    Bash has retired effective immediately as per here : https://www.westernforce.com.au/pete...-up-his-boots/
    Really sorry to hear that. He was a great player; may have been past his prime when he came to us, but was a good calming figure, could still ooze class and show the young guys a thing or two. The report says he's made his home in WA, so hopefully he'll stay around and be a figure in local club rugby or help out with the academy or something.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6