Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Western Force v Hong Kong - 10 August 2018

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Nine out of ten.

I take one out of ten off for the out of place interview of Nat Fyfe.

Fyfe sounded quite the professional, but what possessed the interviewer to fawn over an AFL player while a televised rugby union match was in progress?
    At times the commentary was woeful. From a fan watching from afar... not as far as some from the tweets I agree.. I do NOT want to hear about Fav's jacket and who chose it for him..I do NOT want to hear about haircuts.. I do not want to see interviews in the change rooms at half time..I bet the coach was right impressed. NOT!! Gordon Bray can do better... For goodness sake JUST CALL THE GAME!! They sounded a bit like the amateurs at FOX in places..

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    At times the commentary was woeful. From a fan watching from afar... not as far as some from the tweets I agree.. I do NOT want to hear about Fav's jacket and who chose it for him..I do NOT want to hear about haircuts.. I do not want to see interviews in the change rooms at half time..I bet the coach was right impressed. NOT!! Gordon Bray can do better... For goodness sake JUST CALL THE GAME!! They sounded a bit like the amateurs at FOX in places..
    Good to hear from you Hertryk! Glad to hear even darkest Tassie is getting coverage! 😃😃

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Exactly how? By suggesting our smallest crowd was bigger than the rebels largest?
    Well the article claimed the crowd is expected to be under 10,000 and is dropping all the time. The implication is still there that the novelty factor has worn off and this won't be sustainable.

All the other bits and pieces mean little as you can guarantee this alone is the ammunition needed for naysayers.

EDIT: Although I mistrust anything coming from the east so I suspect an angle to discredit us at all times.

Last edited by BLR; 11-08-18 at 10:13.

vCash
    The Force vs Hong Kong game was a good game to see live. I Thoroughly enjoyed it. Hong Kong played well and that team would not embarrass itself in next years tournament if they make the cut, and based on last nights effort you would be struggling to make a compelling argument against them being in World Series Rugby next year. Hong Kong scored some excellent tries. Overall it was a great night, good atmosphere, crowd was great considering it was more or less a bunch of no name semi pro players taking on a less than star studded Force line up. Considering the players on show and to have almost 11k dedicated fans turn up on a Friday night is a decent effort. I would imagine if Dan Carter was playing for Hong Kong (Like the reported rumours earlier in the year) then the crowd would have been more towards 15k. There is some decent names in the panasonic squad so I reckon we will see a much better crowd next week and then probably expect a bigger crowd at Larkhill in a few weeks than most of those east coast crowds we get in the "Heartlands"

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    More last night than free entry for two teams of Wallabies playing in the heartland last Friday.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    More last night than free entry for two teams of Wallabies playing in the heartland last Friday.
    ..Such is the dire state of east coast rugby...

vCash
    Heres the official crowd number [10,863] up on the screen from the Twitter feed
    Note the 121,900 Twitter viewers. That is quite remarkable. I remember when people were posting television ratings for super rugby in the low 40-50k range and yet world series rugby just through using an online platform like Twitter is able to attract 3x more viewers than the rugby "heartlands" and these viewer ratings dont include the TV ratings which was shown live on Foxsports and replayed about 5 times the next day and throughout the upcoming week. 7two held the TV broadcast and only seemed to have two delayed feeds the following day, both of these would have sucked in a sizable amount of viewers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Must say I agree. Those commentators could learn a thing from Martin Tyler (SBS Fifa commentator) and he does the entire commentary routine by himself. He is so much more professional/ authoritive and polished in the way he presents soccer to his audience.

The commentators rugby uses in Australia are just larikans from the pub and they promote a negative image for rugby. There were a few commentators earlier in the world series rugby games that featured a UK commentator and that team was bearable. The team they had last night were definitely woeful.

Last edited by SPaRTAN; 11-08-18 at 21:09.

vCash
    It is easy to confuse the 121,900 Twitter VIEWS with the number of unique Twitter VIEWERS.

The difference can be due to people just regularly checking the score (maybe 10 times or more during the game) or any number of sign-ons due to connectivity/network issues.

However, the number of actual unique viewers could be more in the range of 10,000 - 20,000 which are still good numbers.
    The data will be available to some, and certainly to Minderoo.

vCash
    Although the commentary still needs a bit of work the camera work on this game is excellent.

Close-ups and wide angle shots at appropriate times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Well the article claimed the crowd is expected to be under 10,000 and is dropping all the time. The implication is still there that the novelty factor has worn off and this won't be sustainable.

All the other bits and pieces mean little as you can guarantee this alone is the ammunition needed for naysayers.

EDIT: Although I mistrust anything coming from the east so I suspect an angle to discredit us at all times.

Hong Kong was always going to be the hardest sell. This week no excuses.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    It is easy to confuse the 121,900 Twitter VIEWS with the number of unique Twitter VIEWERS.

The difference can be due to people just regularly checking the score (maybe 10 times or more during the game) or any number of sign-ons due to connectivity/network issues.

However, the number of actual unique viewers could be more in the range of 10,000 - 20,000 which are still good numbers.
    I very much doubt ppl logged in 10 times for a single game. For example I logged in twice. One to watch the game after I had seen it live at the stadium, and then again to take a screenshot of the crowd. Between breaks I just let the play continue on or I paused it. Considering that Twitters video streaming service is incredibly reliable so I very much doubt people would have had issues with dropping out. If someone dropped out it was more than likely an issue on their end. And if you wanted a score update there are many live trackers that u can read that give you a better description on the game.

Based on that I would have to assume out of the 120k that between 50-90k were probably solid numbers

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post

Was watching on twitter and the app said 900 watching. Not sure how reliable that is. FYI for anyone needing to watch it via Twitter The quality of the feed was excellent.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    There are a few big names in the list of who's watching on Twitter

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Name names, dammit!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast