Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Super Rugby and the eradication of the Force has been a complete failure.

vCash

Super Rugby and the eradication of the Force has been a complete failure.

It is alarming to find out the eradication of the Force came with absolutely no benefits, in fact its left a state without a team, a very successful state that had a good solid honest track record of growing its grass roots and expanding the game in a tough AFL state, which is did and prospered, whilst having a large number of locally grown stars representing the Force, they in a very short amount of time had produced an honourable amount of Wallabies, and even developed many more. Rugby WA was once one of the main engine rooms driving Australian rugby, and it was absolutely ripped out and remodeled to suit a few men in suits ego's and to sustain a failed franchise, The MELBOURNE REBELS.

Last year (2017) the Force finished the ladder 2nd. They were 1st equal on wins, but in a tough competition and with a reasonably tough draw they were able to string together 6 wins which although not many, was a lot in the Australian conference and to finish the season they ended it with a massive win against the establishment, NSW, a real in your face F U to Rugby Australia, Clyne, and the man who fell on his sword, the gutless Pulver! This same year Melboune got a single win, 1. Because the Rebels didnt have access to WA's developed talent, they couldn't even finish higher than the Sunwolves.

So in 2017 between the Force, 6 wins, and the Rebels, 1 win, they managed 7 wins between them.

So fast forward to this year and the Rebels have just concluded the season 2nd of the ladder (and only just) which meant they finished on equal wins to the Brumbies, Last year the Force were equal 1st on wins, this year the Rebels are equal 2nd on wins, that equals a fail already. Now we get to the wins, 7, so by combining the talent of last years Force team with this years Rebels team plus 2 guaranteed wins against the Sunwolves, the Rebels still only managed 7 wins. What a complete utter failure from the RA.

So this year (2018) the Rebels stacked full of Force players got 7 wins, and they get two opportunities against the Sunwolves!

So you can safely assume that had the two teams been in existence this year, and had Clyne not axed the Force, then we could be pretty confident that the Force again would get about 7-8 wins, this is if the team gelled and developed like we all thought it would. But even if they got 6 wins again, and the Rebels got an extra win, lets say 2 to be generous, then straight away Australian rugby would have more talent to chose, more players developing across more pro teams giving more opportunity to players in more remote areas that may have or had access to a pro team to strive for.

The eradication of the Force has been an absolute failure and not just for the reasons above, the financial implications, the disengaged and disconnect with the Western Australian rugby fan base, the missed opportunities in the West with the new Stadium and future Bledisloe series, all the hardwork that many loyal and honest fans who poured their heart and soul into helping develop the game here in the West were all taken advantage of because of the selfish interests of Clyne and Co.

None of the money meant for grass roots made it to grass roots, the game is in dissaray at that level, fans have disengaged with super rugby, it doesn't represent Australia, why are the sunwolves in our conference, who cares for them and who wants them there, they just made a competition with a very small Australian influence even smaller with one less team, the fans know it, the fans arent gullible and they are hitting the RA where it hurts, by turning the TV's off and staying home during game night. The polar opposite to what is happening in Western Australia. The game has been ruined by Clyne, Pulver, Eales, Robinson, Sherry and a few others who helped kill it through greed and selfish reasons, It looks like Raelene was hired to be a scapegoat to eventually fall on her sword with a lucrative pay out.

This season proved nothing for Australian rugby other than what a mistake it was to terminate the Force, the selfish reasons around hanging on to the IP just showed their true nature, the fact they ran Rugby WA into the ground until it couldn't paid its debts just showed their real colours, East Coast Grey!

I think this year just proved to everyone super rugby officially died in Australia, a few local australian kiwis prop up the teams on game day by switching on their TV's or watching their local teams play

Post your reasons as to why Australian Rugby and Super Rugby has failed this year:

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SPaRTAN; 30-07-18 at 19:20.

Champion
    vCash
    Give it a fucken rest you whinging prick. What's done is done, I know quite a few ex regular posters that don't come on here because they are sick and tired of 'Johnnie come Lately's whiny little bitches like you who do nothing but incessantly moan about how it isn't fair.

The local rugby scene has gone back at least 10 years so all the countless man hours grassroot volunteers put in for the last 10 years has all been for nothing but you don't see them moaning and moaning about things that were beyond their control, they roll their sleeves up and just get on with it because if they didn't there wouldn't be rugby in this town but all wankers like you do is keep looking in the rear vision mirror.

Why don't you do us all a favour and continue to troll your shit on the SOB facebook page and leave this one alone and hopefully a few ex regulars start to come back on and contribute to what used to be a discussion between real rugby people. This whole TWF thing has really gone to pieces and I hope it can back to what it originally designed for.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Give it a fucken rest you whinging prick. What's done is done, I know quite a few ex regular posters that don't come on here because they are sick and tired of 'Johnnie come Lately's whiny little bitches like you who do nothing but incessantly moan about how it isn't fair.

The local rugby scene has gone back at least 10 years so all the countless man hours grassroot volunteers put in for the last 10 years has all been for nothing but you don't see them moaning and moaning about things that were beyond their control, they roll their sleeves up and just get on with it because if they didn't there wouldn't be rugby in this town but all wankers like you do is keep looking in the rear vision mirror.

Why don't you do us all a favour and continue to troll your shit on the SOB facebook page and leave this one alone and hopefully a few ex regulars start to come back on and contribute to what used to be a discussion between real rugby people. This whole TWF thing has really gone to pieces and I hope it can back to what it originally designed for.
    Actually Westies you do see them moaning, at the local clubs most people resent the RA and their mistreatment of the Force, yeah a lot of us don't bother talking about it when we are down watching our kids play because the RA are so low down on our list of priorities that they barely deserve a mention, good or bad, but I can tell you the local volunteers do not appreciate Clyne and his cowardly behaviour. The thing about our local grassroots is that it is buzzing again, it came alive with Forrests announcement of obtaining the IP and bringing back the Force, and better yet the start of World Series Rugby, a bunch of exhibition matches that have not only outrated Super Rugby, but out-supported super rugby with a fan base that doesnt originate from these so called 'rugby heartland' states that look like sorry excuses for power hungry men to have an excuse to hold onto their old fashioned out dated system that renders them obsolete the moment they make it a democratic fair one. You can go on and continue to deny it, but the reality is we are moving forward with a vengeance, this is not a peaceful revolution, if the whole establishment needs to crumble so Rugby in Australia can finally move forward from the shackles then bring it on, we need one, and to be honest it will be us fans in the west that create one!

And as for all the people leaving well I am pretty certain you can blame that on the newsbot, every day a bunch of randoms who I have never seen post and some who may have never posted get a happy birthday message from our resident newsbot which spams the front page every single day, so dont direct your anger at me you dinosaur, direct it at the newsbot where the anger really belongs! Or do us all a favour and SAVE IT FOR THE GAME!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hey, don't knock our newsbot, he/she is our longest serving member

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The newsbot is the only Birthday love I get nowadays.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Give me newsbot any day. At least it’s not whinging all the time.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    For some reason, this thread reminds me of the Spork/Splayed discussion.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    The game still soldiers on in WA. But, the 30% drop in participation at community level this year is almost certainly a direct result of the loss of the Force. That is an alarming stat however full you see the glass.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The game still soldiers on in WA. But, the 30% drop in participation at community level this year is almost certainly a direct result of the loss of the Force.
    Wow, that is a frightening statistic. It does feel like we're in a transition year at the moment though. Hopefully once WSR starts up fully next year there'll be an opportunity to start to claw that interest back.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    One thing for sure....RA doesn't give a RA!

vCash
    discussion between real rugby people
    Genuinely interested to know your defintion of "real rugby people" Westie? And what disqualifies Spartan from this group?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Genuinely interested to know your defintion of "real rugby people" Westie? And what disqualifies Spartan from this group?
    Anyone with an interest in rugby that is determined to keep the game alive in this town irrespective of what has happened in the past, we all know what has happened, you can either choose to tap away on keyboards which achieves nothing or roll the sleeves up and fight.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    How do you know that Spartan isn't doing that and more Westie. We are all doing our bit in our own way and I find your crude dismissal of Spartan a bit disturbing

vCash
    Anyone with an interest in rugby that is determined to keep the game alive in this town irrespective of what has happened in the past, we all know what has happened, you can either choose to tap away on keyboards which achieves nothing or roll the sleeves up and fight.
    By your definition Spartan fits in to your "real rugby people" group.

He was stood there with his kids in the pissing rain at the Force game the other night wasn't he? That alone shows me he's rolled his sleeves up & is determined to keep the game alive in this town. I've never met the guy, but from what I've read, his kids play local club rugby as well.

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    For some reason, this thread reminds me of the Spork/Splayed discussion.
    .....which in turn reminds me that at the Thai food fair in Birdwood Square - the one Chibi put us on to before the Sunday afternoon match - they gave me a spork to use. A single bloody spork for eating noodles. Burgs is right Sporks are usless. Now this might seem irrelevant, trolling over old ground. But it's in keeping with the thurst of this thread, right?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast