Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bledisloe Cup 2019

vCash
    I think it was in the early days of the Force they used to show footage of one of the WA players either doing a haka or accepting the challenge of the AB's Haka during that game. I never knew why they stopped using it as it was an epic piece of footage.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    however I will be pissed if a training squad turns up with it being a world cup year. Another F**k you from the RA.
    New Zealand Rugby sends a training squad and you are going to blame RA??? When does RA have any say in what team New Zealand sends? But RA and Cameron Clyne was the second shooter on the grassy knoll. Rugby Australia faked the moon landings too. They have Elvis and Jim Morrison hidden in the basement of the new Headquarters at Moore Park.

Tell me something spartan. Do you honestly think things through or do you just type out the first thing that pops into your head?

One thing I have learned from 20 plus years as a Rugby fanboy is that everyone from New Zealand considers the All Blacks Jersey to be absolutely sacred. They would never allow a training squad to run around in The Black Jersey in an official Test match competiting for the Bledisloe Cup.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    New Zealand Rugby sends a training squad and you are going to blame RA??? When does RA have any say in what team New Zealand sends? But RA and Cameron Clyne was the second shooter on the grassy knoll. Rugby Australia faked the moon landings too. They have Elvis and Jim Morrison hidden in the basement of the new Headquarters at Moore Park.

Tell me something spartan. Do you honestly think things through or do you just type out the first thing that pops into your head?

One thing I have learned from 20 plus years as a Rugby fanboy is that everyone from New Zealand considers the All Blacks Jersey to be absolutely sacred. They would never allow a training squad to run around in The Black Jersey in an official Test match competiting for the Bledisloe Cup.
    Agree with some of this. Clyne, however, would 'never, ever' get directly involved in activity like "grassy knoll" execution. Always outsource....then kill the outsourcee so they can't talk.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Jim would never hide in the basement of Moore Park... he's the Lizard King, and his dad was an Admiral.

Kiwis are pragmatic, and they occasionally make a mistake. They are happy to field a 4th 15, knowing it will beat the Wallabies. Even if it doesn't they learn something. Only after whipping us in game 1 though..... They won't risk the Bled.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I think it was in the early days of the Force they used to show footage of one of the WA players either doing a haka or accepting the challenge of the AB's Haka during that game. I never knew why they stopped using it as it was an epic piece of footage.
    You may be thinking of Rick Smith, a Kiwi playing for WA against the All Blacks, who faced up to their challenge (the haka) in the culturally appropriate manner.

Smith was lambasted by the local media at the time for doing so, but he was a student of Maori culture, and had been steeped in it himself and knew what he was doing, and, if I recollect correctly, he was defended by the NZ Maori community here, and also by experts in Maori culture elsewhere.

He had the last laugh, becoming an overnight celebrity in the rugby world a la Andy Warhol, went on from practicing law to becoming CEO of the WARU, a senior official of the WA Sports Commission, CEO of Basketball WA, and President of Palmyra Rugby Club.

A pretty good fullback in his day too.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think that's become politically incorrect now, unfortunately. I remember seeing a local womens rugby official on television saying he did it "for some reason, whatever it was he was thinking" or something like that, I'm paraphrasing, but she was a New Zealander herself. I know my old boss was from New Zealand and he didn't like it either. Bear in mind though, he came from the wowserist crowd that hated any challenge to the Haka at all, he used to hate it when the Pacific Island teams would start their response before the Haka had finished, and said the Welsh were being 'racist' when they stood their ground as their version of a challenge in 2008. So it indicates to me that opinions may have shifted towards the PC side of the spectrum now.

Last edited by chibi; 28-07-18 at 02:04.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash

Because they would only give us a bledisloe in a world cup year. Thats a big fuck u from Clyne. Its already a year of no june tests and historically every world cup year has had weak squads throughout and historically seems to be the only year the Wallabies get close to winning the Rugby championship. This is all Clynes fault. The Bledisloe should have been in Perth this year to help promote the stadium like every other sport has done so far including the Glory.

F#%K you Clyne you scumbag.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Because they would only give us a bledisloe in a world cup year. Thats a big fuck u from Clyne. Its already a year of no june tests and historically every world cup year has had weak squads throughout and historically seems to be the only year the Wallabies get close to winning the Rugby championship. This is all Clynes fault. The Bledisloe should have been in Perth this year to help promote the stadium like every other sport has done so far including the Glory.

F#%K you Clyne you scumbag.
    No

We are getting a Bledisloe in 2019 because they are refurbishing/rebuilding ANZ Stadium and the Footy Stadium in Sydney.

The Bledisloe is in Sydney because they have like a 20-year contract with ANZ Stadium.

Blame the NSW Government.

In news just in................

I am proud to announce that thru a deal with TWF Marketing we will soon be selling TWF Hats.

Baseball Caps, Bucket Hats, and Visors.

All come with a layer of tin foil to protect the wearer's brain from suspicious signals being sent by Rugby Australia and its agents that went undercover at the end of the 2017 Super Rugby Season.

It should be noted that the Visor does not offer the wearer complete protection.

Prices and availability with be announced shortly.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    You may be thinking of Rick Smith, a Kiwi playing for WA against the All Blacks, who faced up to their challenge (the haka) in the culturally appropriate manner.

Smith was lambasted by the local media at the time for doing so, but he was a student of Maori culture, and had been steeped in it himself and knew what he was doing, and, if I recollect correctly, he was defended by the NZ Maori community here, and also by experts in Maori culture elsewhere.

He had the last laugh, becoming an overnight celebrity in the rugby world a la Andy Warhol, went on from practicing law to becoming CEO of the WARU, a senior official of the WA Sports Commission, CEO of Basketball WA, and President of Palmyra Rugby Club.

A pretty good fullback in his day too.
    For a time Ricky came to The Dark Side and refereed as well.

My recollection of that incident was that the ABs also complained, as Ricky and his intended target ended up virtually eye to eye. Something about "that's not respected the show", whereas what Ricky was doing was simply accepting the challenge.

See here:
    http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=8845
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...jectid=9003782

vCash
    I am proud to announce that thru a deal with TWF Marketing we will soon be selling TWF Hats.

Haha I actually got excited there, then I read the rest

vCash
    No

We are getting a Bledisloe in 2019 because they are refurbishing/rebuilding ANZ Stadium and the Footy Stadium in Sydney.

The Bledisloe is in Sydney because they have like a 20-year contract with ANZ Stadium.

Blame the NSW Government.

In news just in................

All come with a layer of tin foil to protect the wearer's brain from suspicious signals being sent by Rugby Australia and its agents that went undercover at the end of the 2017 Super Rugby Season.

It should be noted that the Visor does not offer the wearer complete protection.

Prices and availability with be announced shortly.
    It was O'Neill who arranged that 20 year contract.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    And that right there is the real fu from ra. There's no way on god's green earth that we would get a Bledisloe match if there was another option. I assume there's some reason it isn't in Brisbane or Melbourne. I'm not giving a cent to those fuckers, even if it does mean missing out on a piece of history (probably never to be repeated)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    And that right there is the real fu from ra. There's no way on god's green earth that we would get a Bledisloe match if there was another option. I assume there's some reason it isn't in Brisbane or Melbourne. I'm not giving a cent to those fuckers, even if it does mean missing out on a piece of history (probably never to be repeated)
    If no one turns up then there is no chance of a future Bledisloe in Perth, I'd like to hope in a parallel universe where the governing bodies treats all states as equal and the decision is purely financial that Perth has a strong argument. Seats filled with spectators.

or they could continue down the path of the current predictable RA that is falling out of favour with everyone and the AFL that thinks its still the VFL.

Nothing shits me more when those who have it hand delivered to em and only pay for a seat claim being the strongest supporters. Id love to see em have to consider paying airfares, accommodation, expenses plus a ticket and see how committed they are.

If like the NFL where the Superbowl is shared around regardless of who makes it, it gives reason to the sport governing bodies, the sport state bodies and the state government to invest in the infrastructure. Which will increase the standard of stadiums across the whole county and surprise surprise come world cup bidding time we have a stronger argument.

But hey lets stick to the status quo...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    For a time Ricky came to The Dark Side and refereed as well.

My recollection of that incident was that the ABs also complained, as Ricky and his intended target ended up virtually eye to eye. Something about "that's not respected the show", whereas what Ricky was doing was simply accepting the challenge.

See here:
    http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=8845
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...jectid=9003782
    That NZ Herald link is great.

It shows very clearly even back in 2004 you had cashed up Melbourne in the background looking to cause trouble. The promised made to the state and club that were never furfilled and the alright BS way we were dealt with.

Imagine moving into a 25,000 seater nib in 2007 with the wind behind us and the ARU covering a majority of our players wages.

vCash
    That NZ Herald link is great.

It shows very clearly even back in 2004 you had cashed up Melbourne in the background looking to cause trouble. The promised made to the state and club that were never furfilled and the alright BS way we were dealt with.

Imagine moving into a 25,000 seater nib in 2007 with the wind behind us and the ARU covering a majority of our players wages.
    WA in general are too slow to do anything that could improve the states perception.
    it's like all the fun police have been thrown out of the other states and sent here.
    speculate to accumulate is not an action used often in this state.
    as i've said before, we had plans drawn up for a fantastic 30k rectangular stadium in the early 2000's that would have a showpiece for the state.
    while other states have a 'just do it' attitude, we are the 'Wait Awhile' state.

cider my arse

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast