Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Referee got France red card call right, claims Australian rugby official

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    serious question before i comment on folau's 2 x serious offences in the air.
    what is a single lift? is there a double lift?
    is there any difference in the way you can challenge for the ball depending if the player is lifted or not?
    Single lift in terms of one player lifting another, double with two players lifting a third i.e line out. The biggest difference is if the player in the air is touched , bumped , reaches for the ball or over corrects the lifter in a single lift can easily lose control and act as a pivot point for the player in the air to rotate and land head first.
    I think it is a grey area with regard to whether there can be a difference in interpretation of the challenge as fair or dangerous because of the numerous situations. For example Folau’s style of jumping is to jump with a lot of forward momentum, if he and the Irish player in the air got their hands on the ball at the same time most likely Folau’s momentum would cause the Irish player to rotate backwards over his single lifter and land ugly. Is that a dangerous challenge by Folau? If there was no lifter there is no pivot point and the player would most likely land on their bum or back.

Don’t know the answer myself.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    it's difficult, they can't make a rule to make it illegal because every situation is slightly different.
    but folau should get further punishment for this weekend and made to realise that if he doesn't get the ball and hits the man with that momentum, a yellow card is almost certain, and possibly should be red.
    if folau gets the ball it will be genius, if he doesn't, it should be classed as reckless.
    it's up to him and the australian team to decide whether they want to play with 14 if it goes pear-shaped.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cider my arse

vCash
    Folau wasn't looking at the ball and grabbed the Irishman late, he's lucky it wasn't red

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    yup thats id Cedric, every decision on the field is risk/reward.
    Some are risk in if it fails the opposition are better placed - for example a long cut out pass that could lead to an overlap or an intercept
    Some are further risk in the player is worse off - for example when putting the arm out for an intercept can get a penalty against and yellow instead for a deliberate knock on (most arms out are on purpose hoping Sir doesnt notice lol)
    Folau falls into an extremely high risk category, glory for an almost impossible mark against the certainty of colliding with a player already in the air, giving away a penalty and either a yellow or red card. And all of this is to simply retain possession near the halfway after scoring, against giving away possession and a penalty and a send off after scoring ie giving momentum back to the opposition

Sounds like a bone headed ploy clown would love

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    yup thats id Cedric, every decision on the field is risk/reward.
    Some are risk in if it fails the opposition are better placed - for example a long cut out pass that could lead to an overlap or an intercept
    Some are further risk in the player is worse off - for example when putting the arm out for an intercept can get a penalty against and yellow instead for a deliberate knock on (most arms out are on purpose hoping Sir doesnt notice lol)
    Folau falls into an extremely high risk category, glory for an almost impossible mark against the certainty of colliding with a player already in the air, giving away a penalty and either a yellow or red card. And all of this is to simply retain possession near the halfway after scoring, against giving away possession and a penalty and a send off after scoring ie giving momentum back to the opposition

Sounds like a bone headed ploy clown would love
    Yep I agree.

Last week it was all about lack of intent when throwing Angus Gardner under the bus, but this week that argument doesn't fly with Folau which most certainly means that the card should most definitely been a red.

World rugby is a mess. Thank god for World Series Rugby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Yep I agree.

Last week it was all about lack of intent when throwing Angus Gardner under the bus, but this week that argument doesn't fly with Folau which most certainly means that the card should most definitely been a red.

World rugby is a mess. Thank god for World Series Rugby.
    The judiciary has been a farce for years. Hansen can spout as much rubbish as he wants about making changes. Two of his players should be on the sidelines for what they did to Remy Grosso.

At least the ACT judiciary has balls Chance Peni was banned yesterday for six weeks over a spear tackle on the weekend. It was his first match back from his previous suspension.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Prospect
    vCash
    Rhino Exhaust Systems - No.83 Holden, Ford & 4WD Exhaust System Manufacturer with shipping to Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide. Offering cheap and crappy exhausts at ridiculously high Prices.
    cheap and crappy expensive exhaust Melbourne

vCash
    Way to read the (empty) room dude

C'mon the

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Way to read the (empty) room dude
    Fixed his post, should give good Google keyword results

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoexhaus View Post
    Rhino Exhaust Systems........ Offering cheap and crappy exhausts at ridiculously high Prices.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Touche coach

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2