Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Dawaqawa will Also be good if he ever grows a pair of hands
    have to nickname him "Digby"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Honestly Gigs I think he was a wasted opportunity sitting out on the wing.
    Yeah, I might be biased, he had two massive drops right in front of me which both killed big chances. He did some good stuff and looks like he enjoys hitting things, so there's definitely potential. I don't know where I'd play him if it wasn't the wing the rest of the back line looks pretty settled. Maybe swapping in and out of 13 with lacey would work.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't blame the ref.

The opposition were out of our league.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Well for a team that's played four matches together and just played the best team in super rugby (i know some stars missing) I don't think we did that badly. I loved the tempo of the game and the skill of the crusaders. It just shows why the NZ teams are so good when you think how much slower the game was when the Rebels played us. Loved all the entertainment as well,,

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Don't blame the ref.

The opposition were out of our league.
    I said to the missus pre-game that if the boys could keep the margin under 50 I'd be happy. They managed it and the overall experience was enjoyable again. Given that they were out of our league and it was a friendly, I did think Sir was a little pedantic. Let 'em play some footy!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Yeah, I might be biased, he had two massive drops right in front of me which both killed big chances. He did some good stuff and looks like he enjoys hitting things, so there's definitely potential. I don't know where I'd play him if it wasn't the wing the rest of the back line looks pretty settled. Maybe swapping in and out of 13 with lacey would work.
    The commentary team mentioned that he is blind in one eye.

He may only be on the wing for a reason.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    The commentary team mentioned that he is blind in one eye.
    I'd play him at 6 then. And I'll see myself out.....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I said to the missus pre-game that if the boys could keep the margin under 50 I'd be happy. They managed it and the overall experience was enjoyable again. Given that they were out of our league and it was a friendly, I did think Sir was a little pedantic. Let 'em play some footy!
    Almost exactly what I said. As for the refs after last weeks episode where Meakes wasn’t reported or cited for smacking Prior on the nose in front of the ref! What can you say? We have to have the refs the FURA say and have to abide by their little demeaning demands, for the time being. As for the game itself we were miles behind and I can’t understand if we are the team that is trying to speed up the game why are we always the last. To get to line Outs? I also think we seem to be lacking an attack coach! I don’t think our defence is that terrible considering the ‘sanders could put50 points on any Aus team.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I thought our handling and passing game was terrible. The ref looked out of his depth and was actually slowing the game down even more so (obviously didnt get the memo)

There is alot of work to do on attack. Some of those handling errors were below club rugby standard and the players need to be held account.

Not a fan of Peter Grant, too old, creates nothing.

Defence was meh in a game where we could quite easily have conceded 50.

That team needs to turn itself around quick smart. 4 games together isnt an excuse anymore, thats plenty of time to work combinations and tactics

Hopefully we hire Vern Cotter or Joe Schmidt to work with Sampson.

vCash
    I thought it was a great game, and night. The Force guys kept going for it, score didn't effect them. Didn't drop heads or stop trying. Crusaders were simply on another level, and it's a level to aspire to. Which is why it's important the Force DID keep at it... evidence being Rockets late "try"

I suppose the dropsy is caused by pressure of trying to keep up with a team like that, it was the lack of dropsy in the earlier less intense games that caught the eye.

The whinge about Sir is because it's an exhibition of playing the great game of rugby. It's not about Sir, and all his bullshit is an exhibition of what's shit about the game. The guy in the Fiji game knew that, he was excellent. This one was just woeful, for both teams. Rugby can't survive in a market crammed with entertaining product if referees continue to interfere in the game. If it's the "laws", change them. FFS it was never an issue in the past.

Last thank you Crusaders for coming over and playing that well. You are welcome back anytime, bring the All Black guys next time, remember you are our bunnies haha

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Don't blame the ref. The opposition were out of our league.
    Oh, that was completely not my intent. The crusaders would still have belted us, but they didn't need the ref ignoring the fact that they slowed every scrum to a crawl, collapsed outrageously only to see us penalised, and the maul where yogi was penalised for being incorrectly bound avter it rolled, he found himself on the side, sir told him to release, he didn't, shouting that he hadn't released isn't he ok was followed within 2 minutes by one where the crusaders rocketed around both sides and ended up on our side of the ball without even a whimper. I posted earlier, they didn't need the help, they could have beat us easily without a sixteenth player carrying the whistle

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    I was expecting to see a lot more Kiwi fans in the crowd, like previous years. It seems that the mining/oil & gas downturn has made a lot of them leave WA altogether.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Oh, that was completely not my intent. The crusaders would still have belted us, but they didn't need the ref ignoring the fact that they slowed every scrum to a crawl, collapsed outrageously only to see us penalised, and the maul where yogi was penalised for being incorrectly bound avter it rolled, he found himself on the side, sir told him to release, he didn't, shouting that he hadn't released isn't he ok was followed within 2 minutes by one where the crusaders rocketed around both sides and ended up on our side of the ball without even a whimper. I posted earlier, they didn't need the help, they could have beat us easily without a sixteenth player carrying the whistle
    This is my big issue with Houston. He seems to go into games with pre-conceived notions:
    - The scrum collapses, so it must have been the Force, even if the Crusaders prop is angling in at 45°.
    - The Crusaders have an excellent, quick defence, so that means he doesn't have to police them being off-side.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    This is my big issue with Houston. He seems to go into games with pre-conceived notions: - The scrum collapses, so it must have been the Force, even if the Crusaders prop is angling in at 45°. - The Crusaders have an excellent, quick defence, so that means he doesn't have to police them being off-side.
    Although they were several times last night without a second glance.

C'mon the

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast