Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Alan Jones thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    He’s a very noisy windbag. I don’t think anyone listens to him at all.

.... That would be great, if true. But unfortunately, on the available evidence it is blatantly not true. Otherwise obnoxious, mysogynistic, bullies like he and Hadley would have been out of work years ago. And were it so, I'd bet London to a brick neither would have the balls to stand over anyone, male or female, in the real world.

So maybe it goes more like - does anyone who can think for themselves listen to him.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

.... That would be great, if true. But unfortunately, on the available evidence it is blatantly not true. Otherwise obnoxious, mysogynistic, bullies like he and Hadley would have been out of work years ago. And were it so, I'd bet London to a brick neither would have the balls to stand over anyone, male or female, in the real world.

So maybe it goes more like - does anyone who can think for themselves listen to him.
    Michael Daley and Luke Foley didn’t last long as Opposition Leaders after he took them to town.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

True. But I was thinking on the rugby front. No-one listens to him on the rugby front.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    True. But I was thinking on the rugby front. No-one listens to him on the rugby front.
    He is calling the RA out on their bs and is the only eastern states journalist that brings up the issues with the Force on a regular basis. You won’t expect it from Pandaram and co. Robinson does the odd investigative piece every now and then. Growden throws grenades, the odd rumour and then goes quiet for a while.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Ive been enjoying Alan Jones pieces over the last few years. I think alot of people listen yo him, why wouldnt they either considering Alan Jones is one of the most successful Wallaby coaches ovet the last 30 odd years and right now the Wallabies are terrible which makes his opinion even more valuable it seems. He also shook things up abit when he almost coached the Barbarians to a famous win over Cheika's Wallabies which only proved (in his supporters minds) that he still has a rugby brain, especially when it was the ref that basically beat that Barbarians side, and he made that point very clear, and it was a reasonable one too considering. I actually value his rugby opinion and enjoy the fact he is still fighting and supporting Rugby in WA when pretty much no one else is but Nick Taylor. In terms of east coast journalism he is the only one left pointing fingers at RA and waving the WA flag. Greg Growden has done his usual( as Bakkies rightfully pointed out) throw a grenade and hide for months coward act. Spiro did it and dissapeared for years so atleast you can say Growden has bigger balls than Spiro, but Alan Jones does it on a weekly basis and has a bigger audience and that is testament to the man.

Whatever his poltical beleifs are I dont really care, but when the man talks rugby I listen.

Champion
    vCash
    He posts the same repetitive shit over and over without any real solutions and it becomes so boring no one listens anymore, actually you Spartan know the type more than most .

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Fair enough. Repetitive as Westie posted. The razor witted H G Nelson was on to him early on, labeling him "The Parrot" in 1990.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    I’m interested to know the basis of that statement.

Like him or loath him Jones has been a great supporter of the Force and Rugby in WA and (as others have said) he is one of the few journalists who has been. He has a large audience and interviewed Hansie a number of times.

Last edited by SteveWA; 22-04-19 at 17:28.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post

Like him or loath him Jones has been a great supporter of the Force and Rugby in WA and (as others have said) he is one of the few journalists who has been. He has a large audience and interviewed Hansie a number of times.
    1. If you want a sympathetic ear in the form of a journalist on the East Coast then Jones most certainly isn't it. Widely loathed.
    2. Not that large of an audience. Just a more consistent one featuring more people over the age of 55 than pretty much any other show. His show actually rates 5th or 6th in actual numbers.
    3. He's a cretin. Pure and simple.

vCash

He had Sen. Reynolds on his show while she was getting numbers to have the Inquiry. I don’t think that any of the other east coast based journalists interviewed her.

His articles always appear on the front page of the Australian website which Rugby hasn’t had that profile for close to 15 years. Around 2,000 comments in total on his last two articles.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    1. If you want a sympathetic ear in the form of a journalist on the East Coast then Jones most certainly isn't it. Widely loathed.
    2. Not that large of an audience. Just a more consistent one featuring more people over the age of 55 than pretty much any other show. His show actually rates 5th or 6th in actual numbers.
    3. He's a cretin. Pure and simple.
    How about you deal with facts instead of name calling? Irrespective of your political views, he has done more for the game of rugby than you or I ever have and ever will.

vCash

Yes, he’s definitely prolific in his writing and was/is very supportive of rugby in the west. But what good has any of that achieved? The people who have the power to do anything about what he keeps pointing out have cloth ears. That’s what I meant about no-one listening to him.

I do still think he is a windbag though. The man goes on at length.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    and he is aint no Journalist!

Champion
    vCash
    I enjoy his usual Friday go at that useless lot and very few others do it! I don’t listen or read anything he has to say but I’ll take the rugby stuff

vCash
    Yes, he’s definitely prolific in his writing and was/is very supportive of rugby in the west. But what good has any of that achieved? The people who have the power to do anything about what he keeps pointing out have cloth ears. That’s what I meant about no-one listening to him.

I do still think he is a windbag though. The man goes on at length.
    A lot more has come out of his columns than from those in the eastern states media who have said next to nothing.

How long did Georgina Robinson hold that information for in regards to the RA hiding from the public the Longstaff investigation? Key details such as withholding interviews from key stakeholders that led to an incomplete report.

This went on while Hawker was Chairman so why did she wait till recently to publish that? Rather than in 2016/17 when the shit was hitting the fan in regards to the RA’s behaviour. Instead all we got in the press was board resignations and the worst Chairman in the history of Australian Rugby being appointed.

Robinson and co also knew about how much money they were throwing at their vanity project. They do read the annual reports.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast