Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 535

Thread: Official Alan Jones thread

  1. #451
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,690
    vCash
    14410000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    A lot more has come out of his columns than from those in the eastern states media who have said next to nothing.

    How long did Georgina Robinson hold that information for in regards to the RA hiding from the public the Longstaff investigation? Key details such as withholding interviews from key stakeholders that led to an incomplete report.

    This went on while Hawker was Chairman so why did she wait till recently to publish that? Rather than in 2016/17 when the shit was hitting the fan in regards to the RA’s behaviour. Instead all we got in the press was board resignations and the worst Chairman in the history of Australian Rugby being appointed.

    Robinson and co also knew about how much money they were throwing at their vanity project. They do read the annual reports.
    I do love how Georgina likes to read those reports a certain way.. she is one of Clynes puppets and she knows that we all know it, but she is using that inside knowledge and cushy relationship to try and maintain any credibility to her jounralist career by demonising the Force and writing the nonsense Clyne and Raelene tell her to write about the reports and other pro RA propoganda, once Clyne and co leave her career will be in the trash bin and she will be left picking up the pieces of a broken journalist career failing to get any credible inside scoops and relegated to the laughing stock of aussie journalism. Her fall from grace will be colossal.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #452
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,430
    vCash
    5162000
    To be fair to Georgina she isn’t the only one that needs to be inside the tent. Paul Cully put out a good article that painted a good picture in regards to the finances which is what you want as he is one of the better journalists covering the game.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #453
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,828
    vCash
    5642000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    He is calling the RA out on their bs and is the only eastern states journalist that brings up the issues with the Force on a regular basis. You won’t expect it from Pandaram and co. Robinson does the odd investigative piece every now and then. Growden throws grenades, the odd rumour and then goes quiet for a while.
    Yep. Very true. But he is getting no traction whatsoever. It’s all a case of today’s news; tomorrow’s fish and chip paper. He has churned out thousands of words but what have they achieved? It’s all just white noise to those he’s talking about.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  4. #454
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,784
    vCash
    5254000
    If Folau was some ordinary bloke expressing his religious views, no problem with Parrots POG

    He is not an ordinary bloke, he is the face of the national team, paid millions of dollars, with an employment contract specifically excluding talk in public that vilifies or incites hatred towards others. With great power comes great responsibility. Izzy has wielded his power, but displayed any responsibility. Sorry Alan, you've got this one wrong....apart from the bits about RA, Kafer, Waugh, Castle and Hore and Joyce

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  5. #455
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,399
    vCash
    11396000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    If Folau was some ordinary bloke expressing his religious views, no problem with Parrots POG He is not an ordinary bloke, he is the face of the national team, paid millions of dollars, with an employment contract specifically excluding talk in public that vilifies or incites hatred towards others. With great power comes great responsibility. Izzy has wielded his power, but displayed any responsibility. Sorry Alan, you've got this one wrong....apart from the bits about RA, Kafer, Waugh, Castle and Hore and Joyce
    Apparently there's nothing in his contract about social media. RA need to demonstrate that they've followed a process to get him to back off AND DEMONSTRATE THAT HE UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED like it or not, many churchgoers support his ost and don't see it as an attack on homosexuals, since the post basically says, in his eyes, homosexuals are the same as drunkards, liars, and adulterers. There are plenty of liars out there, I don't see any of them complaining. This is another example of RA dropping the ball, they haven't added a termination clause to a contract they wrote after sanctioning him, making this into another 48-72 hour circus, while they have to twist and turn the law using a hugely expensive lawyer and it's all played out in the media.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  6. #456
    Veteran Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,765
    vCash
    5190000
    TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award
    Jones is only interested in any angle at having a go at RA. I don't think he necessarily means anything he says, just that it is a useful crowbar.

    The lot of them are journalists. No-one goes to journalists for truth, integrity or ethics any more, they might as well be ad men, used car salesmen or politicians. Read their stuff and take out of it what few actual facts or quotes might be contained, because everything else will be "a quick word from our sponsor".

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #457
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,430
    vCash
    5162000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Yep. Very true. But he is getting no traction whatsoever. It’s all a case of today’s news; tomorrow’s fish and chip paper. He has churned out thousands of words but what have they achieved? It’s all just white noise to those he’s talking about.
    The changes he requested for the Aus Schoolboys have been implemented. Br Wallace has resigned and kids who have left school are now eligible for selection.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  8. #458
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Perth
    Posts
    1,346
    vCash
    5024000
    RA will be $4.0 mil out of pocket at the end of this saga. The only legal avenue that RA have is that Folau is a person of influence and people follow him.

    All parties involved in this saga are Hypocrites. RA for jumping to the tune of QANTAS who are in bed with EMIRATES, an airline owned by the rulers of the UAE where Homosexuals are officially pilloried, RA and Cheika for making statements from where they have nowhere to go, before the disciplinary ruling. Slipper and Hunt were involved with DRUGS, Beale for making inflammatory posts - what is worse; Someone quoting from the scriptures or the others??? RA's legal guys trying to insert a social media clause AFTER Folau had signed - good on him for not signing stupid for RA.

    When are the Adulterers, liars and thieves going to protest? They too have been besmirched in Folau's post.

    Cooper last year, Folau this year, who is next that will sit out next year playing club rugby or watching from the sidelines and getting paid $$$.

    Anybody looking at the ARU and now RA over the past 2-3 years must think " what is going on???...what type of people sit on the board??"

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #459
    Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Far South-West of Sydney
    Posts
    264
    vCash
    5378000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Apparently there's nothing in his contract about social media. RA need to demonstrate that they've followed a process to get him to back off AND DEMONSTRATE THAT HE UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED like it or not, many churchgoers support his ost and don't see it as an attack on homosexuals, since the post basically says, in his eyes, homosexuals are the same as drunkards, liars, and adulterers. There are plenty of liars out there, I don't see any of them complaining. This is another example of RA dropping the ball, they haven't added a termination clause to a contract they wrote after sanctioning him, making this into another 48-72 hour circus, while they have to twist and turn the law using a hugely expensive lawyer and it's all played out in the media.
    There's apparently code of conduct in the Collective Bargaining Agreement that all players are bound to uphold as part of their contractual obligations.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #460
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,784
    vCash
    5254000
    Yup, I was alluding to the universal Code of Conduct, not the specific Social Media clause. For all Cheikas faults, he got this bit correct:
    players wearing the national jersey represent ALL Australians, not only those you personally approve of
    He's still a plonker for opening his trap before any hearings

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  11. #461
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,399
    vCash
    11396000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    There's apparently code of conduct in the Collective Bargaining Agreement that all players are bound to uphold as part of their contractual obligations.
    Including a strong public statements clause and empowered by an employment contract or other organisational policy? I have to ask because RA are exactly dumb enough to have stuffed that up as well

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  12. #462
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    654
    vCash
    5328000
    What is an unlawful termination?
    Unlawful termination is when an employee is dismissed by their employer for one or more of the following reasons:

    a person’s race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, family or carer’s responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction or social origin (some exceptions apply, such as where it’s based on the inherent requirements of the job)
    https://www.fairwork.gov.au/how-we-w...ul-termination

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #463
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,690
    vCash
    14410000
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    What is an unlawful termination?
    Unlawful termination is when an employee is dismissed by their employer for one or more of the following reasons:

    a person’s race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, family or carer’s responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction or social origin (some exceptions apply, such as where it’s based on the inherent requirements of the job)
    https://www.fairwork.gov.au/how-we-w...ul-termination
    He is allowed his opinion. He just isnt allowed to broadcast it in everyones face due to the code of conduct which he needs to uphold as part of his contract.

    Note point 1.3

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SPaRTAN; 23-04-19 at 17:10.

  14. #464
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,430
    vCash
    5162000
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    RA will be $4.0 mil out of pocket at the end of this saga. The only legal avenue that RA have is that Folau is a person of influence and people follow him.

    All parties involved in this saga are Hypocrites. RA for jumping to the tune of QANTAS who are in bed with EMIRATES, an airline owned by the rulers of the UAE where Homosexuals are officially pilloried, RA and Cheika for making statements from where they have nowhere to go, before the disciplinary ruling. Slipper and Hunt were involved with DRUGS, Beale for making inflammatory posts - what is worse; Someone quoting from the scriptures or the others??? RA's legal guys trying to insert a social media clause AFTER Folau had signed - good on him for not signing stupid for RA.

    When are the Adulterers, liars and thieves going to protest? They too have been besmirched in Folau's post.

    Cooper last year, Folau this year, who is next that will sit out next year playing club rugby or watching from the sidelines and getting paid $$$.

    Anybody looking at the ARU and now RA over the past 2-3 years must think " what is going on???...what type of people sit on the board??"
    Agreed Hansie. Topo bangs on about turning the RA in to a profit reporting entity where they are more scrutinised. It is their mates at the VRU and MRRU who need to be scrutinised. I suppose if Folau brings them down all those supposed ‘commercial in confidence’ deals will go up in smoke.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  15. #465
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,828
    vCash
    5642000
    TWF Contributor!
    I read today that RA have engaged the same QC they used for the case we filed against them. Will cost them a pretty penny and this time they can’t try and blame someone else. Tick tock....

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Go Alan Jones!
    By WF2006 in forum Western Force
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-09-17, 19:29
  2. Alan Jones Smashes Clyne
    By LMSC in forum Western Force
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-04-17, 16:07
  3. The 2010 Quiz Night Official Thread
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Public Bar
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 01-07-14, 22:28
  4. Alan Jones interview
    By Happy in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-10-11, 13:06
  5. official TWF piss up thread.....
    By Irish Welsh boyo in forum Western Force
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-02-06, 15:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •