Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Alan Jones thread

vCash
    WTF?? Are all the Rip Van Winkles in the "heartlands" press waking for revolution instead of sleeping through it again?? Will Payten and Pandarum be next to surface? (pull the other one!). The only ones with any reputation left in my eyes are Nick Taylor, Wayne Smith, David Lord and Growden. They all called them out from the start over the Force Conspiracy.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    The real issue is paying celery with tax free funds (from a "foundation")

Australian taxpayers are paying those celery,. Not RA, Saltieri, not Practice. US!!

Of course, the second issue is RA is totally compromised by accepting the DIRECTION of the funds into certain individuals.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    WTF?? Are all the Rip Van Winkles in the "heartlands" press waking for revolution instead of sleeping through it again?? Will Payten and Pandarum be next to surface? (pull the other one!). The only ones with any reputation left in my eyes are Nick Taylor, Wayne Smith, David Lord and Growden. They all called them out from the start over the Force Conspiracy.
    Payten writes for the RA’s media unit, no chance. Pandaram did a few articles for the Australian in the off season. Cristy Doran seems to be doing the bulk of the writing for Foxsports.

Spiro is starting to fire up again which is a good sign.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Payten writes for the RA’s media unit, no chance. Pandaram did a few articles for the Australian in the off season. Cristy Doran seems to be doing the bulk of the writing for Foxsports.
    Spiro is starting to fire up again which is a good sign.
    Good to see Growden back and Spiro fire up. Wayne Smith has gone a bit quiet. Pandaram works for the Daily Telegraph doesn't he? Robinson works for The Sydney Morning Herald - allegedly!! Or is that the covert RA media unit? Although to be fair she has brought the players' private payments issue to light.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    What were Broderick’s credentials, though, for understanding club and schools rugby problems, for understanding and finding answers to Super Rugby problems, for getting the best out of the Wallabies and a host of other rugby issues?

Her expertise was political activism. It was not in rugby matters.
    From the sound of it, Broderick wasn't brought onto the board for her understanding of club and school rugby problems.

Why should she have to be a jack of all trades just to sit on a board? You don't expect everyone on a board to understand every area of an organisation. The HR director doesn't have to understand all the details of tax law, and neither does the CFO have to understand the minute details of employment law.

So either Spiro or Growden is missing the mark by having a go at Broderick simply because she doesn't know the minutae of rugby.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Good to see Growden back and Spiro fire up. Wayne Smith has gone a bit quiet. Pandaram works for the Daily Telegraph doesn't he? Robinson works for The Sydney Morning Herald - allegedly!! Or is that the covert RA media unit? Although to be fair she has brought the players' private payments issue to light.
    Georgina Robinson can write investigative pieces. For every investigative piece she comes up with a lot fluff pieces. Not paid attention to her work for Offsiders.

Pandaram does work for the Telegraph.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    From the sound of it, Broderick wasn't brought onto the board for her understanding of club and school rugby problems.

Why should she have to be a jack of all trades just to sit on a board? You don't expect everyone on a board to understand every area of an organisation. The HR director doesn't have to understand all the details of tax law, and neither does the CFO have to understand the minute details of employment law.

So either Spiro or Growden is missing the mark by having a go at Broderick simply because she doesn't know the minutae of rugby.
    Broderick was penning lengthy thesis for another project while the Force fiasco and Senate Inquiry was going on. I would like to have a look at the board meeting attendance figures again for that period. Uncle Cam also got himself another directorship in that timeframe.

That has been the problem at the RA for some time too many execs and board members with other involvements while the game is going up in smoke.

They are running it like an amateur club where Committee members have day jobs before they can focus on club issues. Amongst the hard workers on the Committees there are individuals there to pad their resumes.

vCash

I can see some of your logic there. But I would suggest that running a sport is not the same as running a for profit corporation. I'm pretty sure the "nomination" committee could find plenty of candidates with both Rugby smarts AND the necessary corporate expertise. The problem lies with the nomination process itself. Unfortunately it seems to give us worse results than the old gerrymander did.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I can see some of your logic there. But I would suggest that running a sport is not the same as running a for profit corporation. I'm pretty sure the "nomination" committee could find plenty of candidates with both Rugby smarts AND the necessary corporate expertise. The problem lies with the nomination process itself. Unfortunately it seems to give us worse results than the old gerrymander did.
    Bingo about the nominations committee too close to Sydney club Rugby with the Sukkars on it and to replace Stooke and Eales they brought in Phil Waugh and Hayden Rorke. Fine Rugby people however they are too close to Sydney Rugby which they should be avoiding on a national governing body board.

If the organisation was run properly you shouldn’t know who is the Chair and on the board.

vCash
    A lot of apologist stuff in the comments so far. I can see Spiro’s argument about the fall out if a player transgresses and Pocock has in the past with his arrest which led to a warning. There is also the issue of how it works with the salary cap as this isn’t part of a central contract that the RA dish out to Wallabies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    The real issue is paying celery with tax free funds (from a "foundation")

Australian taxpayers are paying those celery,. Not RA, Saltieri, not Practice. US!!

Of course, the second issue is RA is totally compromised by accepting the DIRECTION of the funds into certain individuals.
    I agree SB. It’s the tax avoidance on the part of the donors that annoys the hell out of me!!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash

I don’t think the board necessarily needs every member to have a background in rugby. I think there is value in some members NOT having a background in rugby as they bring an unblinkered, independent perspective. Or should do if the Chair is any good!!

vCash
    Oh for sure that nominations committee is a load of BS. I mean, just look at the recommendations they made in 2017 - more chips off the old block to bolster the old boys’ club.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I agree SB. It’s the tax avoidance on the part of the donors that annoys the hell out of me!!!
    See what the ATO say about this as I don’t think that Rugby is the only sport that has this type of foundation.

Fine if the money is to go in to the sport to assist clubs, schools and communities but a definite no when it goes to player payments and political agendas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I don’t think the board necessarily needs every member to have a background in rugby. I think there is value in some members NOT having a background in rugby as they bring an unblinkered, independent perspective. Or should do if the Chair is any good!!
    With a board that states it is there to make business decisions for the good of the game having someone there for the sake of deversity is a waste of a seat and making yourself unaccountable for atrocious Rugby decisions like they have made over the past three years. Having boards like this heavily backfired for Cricket and they have destroyed pathways for the sake of cash grabs.

Get a former Wallaroos player like Mollie Gray or a older head such as Sally Loane on to the board. I wonder what Pip Marlow has to offer? I believe she is another former executive banker.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast