Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Alan Jones thread

Champion
    vCash
    Alison,
    A year ago, when Raelene Castle was appointed, I was happy to let her have a go at fixing rugby and the RA. I have never met her, but I heard favorable comments from people like yourself and Twiggy, who met her earlier this year when she came to WA. She listened and she sounded promising.
    However nearly a year has past now and I struggle to think of anything worthwhile that she has done or changed. So her period of grace is running out fast with me.
    If she is indeed been held back by Clyne and the old boys, she should tender her resignation in frustration and move on, and not keep banking her $800K PA(or whatever pa), while rugby in Australia drifts on wards and downwards for another few years.

A few months ago Georgina quoted Raelene as saying she had met with WSR and NSW representatives, and had penned a letter to WSR approving the Western Sydney team subject to some conditions. Raelene must have got rolled by the "old boys" in RA and NSW, because suddenly we have Andrew Hore from NSW announcing the will be no Western Sydney WSR Not a word from Raelene.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    30% employment? Not sure what you mean. And what does it have to do with participation?
    Yeah the reason for the question was because I was wondering whether or not it had become such a huge issue due to the fact that female representation on the board doesn't actually reflect female participation at ground level therefore these requirements have been put in place to even things up. But it seems to be overkill with 50% representation on the board deliberately as some kind of kpi at the expense of Australian rugby because we simply don't seem to have the smartest Minds running the game if we truly do have quota people on the board which I assume we do given the disastrous decisions being made constantly over and over again with no one accountable and no one prepared to turn the destruction of the game around. In fact standing back you would assume they were all colluding with each other working together ensuring the destruction of Australian rugby doing the complete opposite of what's good for the game. I'm amazed that quotas are even considered if female representation in the game currently is nowhere near the levels required on the board. Rugby deserves the very best administrators running the sport.

I think the InnForcer summed it up.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Ohh and dont get me wrong. I think Brett Robinson is literally the devil resurrected so of all the board members I reckon he is the most incompetent which is surprising considering he is apparently a doctor (I guess they must hand em out to anyone these days..)

vCash
    JSJ - I hear you. I have been very disappointed too. There is no doubt that her view of us has been coloured by Clyne’s version of recent history.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I agree Spartan - rugby, and indeed any sport or industry, does deserve to have the very best minds running it. As I said in my response to TIF, I don’t care if it’s men or women as long as they are appointed on merit.

Champion
    vCash
    JSJ - I hear you. I have been very disappointed too. There is no doubt that her view of us has been coloured by Clyne’s version of recent history.
    Alison, perhaps one day you will be the CEO of the RA. You are one smart fiery rugby crazy woman that almost all us "old boys" respect.
    Keep doing it.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Thank you JSJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Alison, perhaps one day you will be the CEO of the RA. You are one rugby crazy, fiery and smart woman that almost all us "old boys" respect.
    Keep doing it.
    Fixed...no charge

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    I agree Spartan - rugby, and indeed any sport or industry, does deserve to have the very best minds running it. As I said in my response to TIF, I don’t care if it’s men or women as long as they are appointed on merit.
    Merit....Castle caused loads of troubles at the Bulldogs by the sounds of it and Clyne was at NAB causing loads of trouble as well.

Ain't no merit there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Merit....Castle caused loads of troubles at the Bulldogs by the sounds of it and Clyne was at NAB causing loads of trouble as well.

Ain't no merit there.
    On the basis of the evidence available since 2003, I don’t think the ARU knows what merit means, let alone how to apply it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

Ain't no merit there.
    Raelene Castle didn't cause all the salary cap trouble at the Dogs. She just kept schtum and jibbered spin. It was the coach and the chairman aided by a complicit board. All of them are gone and others are picking up the pieces.

We should be so lucky.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    On the basis of the evidence available since 2003, I don’t think the ARU knows what merit means, let alone how to apply it.
    Drain the swamp, start again. Poach some of the people that have made the Home Nations so successful(financially anyway) as of late. Base the revamped ARU/RA in Perth and tempt them with the beaches & the British chippies up in Joondalup. That'll do the trick.

vCash
    Drain the swamp, start again. Poach some of the people that have made the Home Nations so successful(financially anyway) as of late. Base the revamped ARU/RA in Perth and tempt them with the beaches & the British chippies up in Joondalup. That'll do the trick.
    Haha! Problem is, the RFU is broke as well so I’m not sure their people are any better than ours!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Raelene Castle didn't cause all the salary cap trouble at the Dogs. She just kept schtum and jibbered spin. It was the coach and the chairman aided by a complicit board. All of them are gone and others are picking up the pieces.

We should be so lucky.
    What comes around, goes around Raelene. Funny how life runs around in circles.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    What comes around, goes around Raelene. Funny how life runs around in circles.
    Not wrong. Beggars belief that Manly would let Hasler back in the joint.

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast