Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Western Force V Rebels 9th June 8:00pm

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Enjoyed that game, some good rugby even though disappointed in the dropped balls, all of which were at fairly crucial moments. Over zealous & conditions, but it was a good learning curve for the newbies. Fitness did seem a bit underdone -too long between games. Not happy seeing our boys in another strip & am glad that hurdle is now over. Hope they can work on the holes in their game before the Crusaders. Family behind us are now AFL converts & said they loved the atmosphere, just a pity about the ol geezer behind us who kept up a nonstop monologue commentary on the game for the full 80.
    It is great to see AFL fans getting on board. Lets be honest, WA is an AFL state and we need to be working with footy fans, not against them. I believe the force have done a great job with this so far by not having games scheduled when the Eagles or Dockers are playing and by creating an atmosphere that will be enjoyable to all sport fans alike, not just rugby fans. Also great seeing Nic Naitanui in the crowd, I wonder if he wants to come play lock for us....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by volvo; 10-06-18 at 14:07.

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Was it just me or did anyone else notice that at almost every lineout controlled by us, a Rebels player hit the deck or cramped quite conveniently requiring some form of treatment? (therefore negating the WSR rule where we control when and how soon we get to throw the ball)

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm not saying it changed the game dramatically or anything but maybe something for the brains trust at WSR to look at going forward. Not sure how you would deal with it though.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah- I found myself shaking my head at some of our decision making. We didn't really have the power in the forwards to win a battle of the biff. Given the wet weather, the next best option would be to use a smarter kicking game. We knew that the weather would be terrible a few days out- why didn't we plan for it? The thinking that lead to the intercept try was bone-headed.

Very hard to chase the game in wet weather without dominance in the set piece or dominance up front.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    It is great to see AFL fans getting on board. Lets be honest, WA is an AFL state and we need to be working with footy fans, not against them. I believe the force have done a great job with this so far by not having games scheduled when the Eagles or Dockers are playing and by creating an atmosphere that will be enjoyable to all sport fans alike, not just rugby fans. Also great seeing Nic Naitanui in the crowd, I wonder if he wants to come play lock for us....
    Nic Naitanui in Force Blue-how good would that be! Folau eat your heart out! Nic can kick, tackle, run as well as the high ball. Twiggy-make him an offer he can’t refuse. Imagine how many new fans rugby would get in WA!

vCash
    just a pity about the ol geezer behind us who kept up a nonstop monologue commentary on the game for the full 80.
    If you knew you were sitting near me you should have come and said gudday

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Nic Naitanui in Force Blue-how good would that be! Folau eat your heart out! Nic can kick, tackle, run as well as the high ball. Twiggy-make him an offer he can’t refuse. Imagine how many new fans rugby would get in WA!
    Certainly think he could be a guest in the Force's 7s team in the IPRC/WSR.

(BECAUSE HE'S FIJIAN AND I'M PERPETUATING RACIAL STEREOTYPES)

No, but actually because it's a lighter, more skill-based affair. It would be fun, kinda like bringing Honey Badger for the Tens, if we ever got invited.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Good stuff Ruru getting yourself sent off. Meakes you're a bloody traitor.

Like Twiggy said after the game, you have a great team Melbourne, I'm glad we gave it to ya. #seeyawhenyou'rebankruptnextyear
    I saw him out there and heard a bit but did he actually say "I'm glad we gave it to ya" or is that just you BLR?

vCash
    I heard it wt, he definitely said we gave I t them, memory is unclear whether he said he was glad about it.

I thought it was classic!

C'mon the

vCash
    Wish we resorted to the good ol' garryowen a few more times.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Certainly think he (Nic Natanui) could be a guest in the Force's 7s team in the IPRC/WSR.

(BECAUSE HE'S FIJIAN AND I'M PERPETUATING RACIAL STEREOTYPES)

No, but actually because it's a lighter, more skill-based affair. It would be fun, kinda like bringing Honey Badger for the Tens, if we ever got invited.
    I saw him in the International Rules Game against Ireland at Subi. He was head and shoulders (literally) above the Irish players with skills which would be transferrable to 7s definitely, and if he'd been persuaded to play rugby, at 201 cm and 110 kg could have been a cross between Keiran Read and Conrad Smith

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Certainly think he could be a guest in the Force's 7s team in the IPRC/WSR.
    Its certainly nice to dream, but if anyone remembers the dressing down he got for THIS then there is no way in hell he'd ever be allowed to run out for any other contact sport *sigh*

Player
    vCash
    thought I would share my experience at WF Rebels game.
    Due to reaching a major birthday I received a surprise “sideline package” courtesy of my daughter ,we both members since 2006.
    So I turned up at 6pm with her expecting to be watching wallabies in the members tent.
    Of course we were ushered in ,to the posh club room bar with free grog from 6.30,which may have played no small part in events later in the night.we watched wallabies on tv , there was short interview with Dave Wessels,then we were ledout onto the NIB turf to our seats slightly protected from the teeming rain.
    And a magnificent view of the Sea of Blue.

The only disconcerting sight as I sipped my wine under the Perspex shield was that I could clearly see our usual seats across the ground in E131 despite the rain, and there was huddled my drenched wife covered in a light tarp.

Game proceeded,we all know the result ,no Insights there—great view , loud crowd.

Biggest surprise then arrived ,with the trip to change rooms to meet the players.
    Here I realise I may have misjudged my total fluid intake over the 3 hrs free grog as I had no idea this was scheduled, and my thought patterns were not prepared for conversation, let alone remembering players names,or even my own.

But it was a fabulous experience.
    Players were unanimously friendly open chatty and prepared to give time to some no -name blowin .So ,Heath tessman, Ian Prior, Stander ,Alcock ,were all in turn the recipients of my increasingly confident opinions ,and effusive praise.
    Next victims were Billy Meakes then Richard Hardwick, both very happy to chat.I gave them a genuine welcome back to country,and presented a sales pitch for when Rebels /SR fall over.

Then the big guns! Met Peter grant and bloody hell Jacques FOurie, very generous with their time ,and almost as interested in my views as I was.

I then possibly overreached with enthusiasm and went up and introduced myself to Dave Wessels.Well what the heck. Good on him.

Then over to Hodgo ( H Son o’ God ) , what a leader, full of quiet confidence for the future,and Scott fava ( he delighted I remembered seeing his first try for us).

Anyway the point is, it was only half an hour out of their collective lives but for me the tenacious fan (and my daughter)it was priceless.
    It reinforced the following
    - WF is my team 12&3
    - club is in good committed hands, they are aware the team is in building phase but with very exciting prospects
    -everyone I spoke to above is “quality”
    -don’t blame the players for having to move on last year and find jobs.
    -rebels came back as a favour to us, and yes the game presented conflicts for players, fans,mate vs mate ,etc but they needn’t have come ,and maybe we can drag some of them back over the next couple of years
    - hopefully we can build on the amazing talent and goodwill here and twiggys networking to forge a big future.
    Sounds wanky but the vibe in the club rooms is very positive.

- I encourage others to do the “experience”,and even better if someone else pays for you!!!!

Thanks to Huw and everyone else at the club for helping co ordinate the whole event
    Go the force

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Good turnout for this especially in the conditions.

Was away on the weekend so watched this on TV in Queensland. Advertised start time was meant to be live but ended up being bumped 45 minutes to allow Matthew Richardson, Cameron Ling and co. to waffle on for the AFL post-match.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Replay on YouTube
    [youtube]AS-uUiq6goA[/youtube]
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=AS-uUiq6goA

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast