Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Super Rugby Crowd Figures

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    And were they all sitting behind the cameraman?
    dunnies, bar, food places, outside having a smoke.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Corporate boxes.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I'm surprised they didn't report 19,967

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    And were they all sitting behind the cameraman?
    We do have a fairly unique stadium set up here in Perth with the "new" or "main" stand being opposite the camera's. I believe in Canberra that the "Members Area" is also opposite the camera's in the Larkham/Gregan Stand.

In most other stadia the Main Stand is where the cameras are and thus you do get it looking like not many are there as the majority of the crowd is actually behind the cameras.

I am certainly not defending their reporting of crowd numbers (or lack of), just providing some perspective.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    We do have a fairly unique stadium set up here in Perth with the "new" or "main" stand being opposite the camera's. I believe in Canberra that the "Members Area" is also opposite the camera's in the Larkham/Gregan Stand.

In most other stadia the Main Stand is where the cameras are and thus you do get it looking like not many are there as the majority of the crowd is actually behind the cameras.

I am certainly not defending their reporting of crowd numbers (or lack of), just providing some perspective.
    This is correct. Most stadia are aligned with pitches north-south, and so the main stands are east and west. Most matches take place in the afternoon or evening, so cameras are generally placed in the west stand to avoid glare. Most of the crowd would rather sit in the west stand, too, as this also avoids glare and direct sunlight. (Watching the 1st half against Tonga was, at times, very difficult if the action was at the Shed End.) Therefore, most of the crowd are in the same stand as the cameras, and the opposite stand which the cameras look at can appear sparsely populated.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Corporate boxes.
    Labeled as the the Grassroots box, Fosteting the game box, Promoting the game box and Growing the game box. All courtesy of RA make the Waratahs great again initiative

vCash
    This is correct. Most stadia are aligned with pitches north-south, and so the main stands are east and west. Most matches take place in the afternoon or evening, so cameras are generally placed in the west stand to avoid glare. Most of the crowd would rather sit in the west stand, too, as this also avoids glare and direct sunlight. (Watching the 1st half against Tonga was, at times, very difficult if the action was at the Shed End.) Therefore, most of the crowd are in the same stand as the cameras, and the opposite stand which the cameras look at can appear sparsely populated.
    In Canberra the cameras are based on the touch line of the Meninga stand which is the old stand. The Gregan/Larkham stand was built when the stadium was refurbished. Previously that part of the ground was an uncovered stand with no corporate seats. To the left and right of it were grass mound hills.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    From the SMH:

"NSW Rugby said 12,308 turned up to watch the Waratahs 41-12 bonus point victory"
    Well that is a complete lie. It hardly looks close to 12k. But anyway its the RA, they cannot be trusted, least of all with crowd numbers after the shenanigans in non reporting and blatantly lying(rebels) about attendances all year..

These photos show the stands directly under the camera and they are basically empty. Is the RA honestly trying to tell us they packed 8000 people in the top tier conveniently behind the camera... hmmm yeah nah not buying it ...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Labeled as the the Grassroots box, Fosteting the game box, Promoting the game box and Growing the game box. All courtesy of RA make the Waratahs great again initiative
    I thought the Waratahs were great again after that sensational drought-busting game last weekend, no?!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Well that is a complete lie. It hardly looks close to 12k. But anyway its the RA, they cannot be trusted, least of all with crowd numbers after the shenanigans in non reporting and blatantly lying(rebels) about attendances all year..

These photos show the stands directly under the camera and they are basically empty. Is the RA honestly trying to tell us they packed 8000 people in the top tier conveniently behind the camera... hmmm yeah nah not buying it ...

Spartan,

Absolutely don't believe the figure the SMH quoted! Was just advising the group what had been reported. Strongly suggest those with the very revealing pics post them on The ROAR to highlight the reality.

Apprentice
    vCash
    AAMI Park in Melbourne has the cameras on the city side (west side) and that side of the stadium is usually closed off except on the lower levels - the umh crowd sit on the other side, which is the east side, so in the afternoon, you are looking into the sun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Spartan,

Absolutely don't believe the figure the SMH quoted! Was just advising the group what had been reported. Strongly suggest those with the very revealing pics post them on The ROAR to highlight the reality.
    Yeah I am astounded that the RA would be so brazen and blatently lie in their reporting of the crowd attendance. You know a sport has hit rock bottom when they start fabricating their attendance and do it when its this obvious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    AAMI Park in Melbourne has the cameras on the city side (west side) and that side of the stadium is usually closed off except on the lower levels - the umh crowd sit on the other side, which is the east side, so in the afternoon, you are looking into the sun.
    Same as NIB then with the afternoon sun. Except we dont have to close an entire stand because we actually get people turning up to our games...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Yeah I am astounded that the RA would be so brazen and blatently lie in their reporting of the crowd attendance. You know a sport has hit rock bottom when they start fabricating their attendance and do it when its this obvious.
    I wouldn't be rushing with the rock bottom quote if I were you. I think this mob are capable of finding new depths, previously thought impossible

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I thought the Waratahs were great again after that sensational drought-busting game last weekend, no?!
    The feel good factor is back after a colossal effort by our beloved heartland state side Just loved Canno's sideline interview of Hooper afterwards - gold!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast