Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Super Rugby Crowd Figures

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Waratahs v Highlanders QF 2018 Attendance 12,067 (Tahs 30-23 Landers)

Well less than their (over hyped & under reported) season average and less than the Reds season average, and this was a knock out quarter final and potentially last game at home until next year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Sloppy is a die hard Rebels supporter, born and bred Victorian and when he changes codes it's for Carlton, he's just having bad year, so he came to TWF to see if his bait would generate any bites
    Then I wonder if h'd be interested in three seats for the AFL Grand.........oh hang on. Did you say Carlton?

As you were.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Well less than their (over hyped & under reported) season average and less than the Reds season average, and this was a knock out quarter final and potentially last game at home until next year.
    And was a really good game.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash

yeah, but I believed the reported figure of 12,067. It did look like 50% more than the 18,000 reported figure for the Sunwolves match.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    And was a really good game.
    I didnt think so. I saw it as another ruined game by the ref. I mean the waratahs only could score against 14 men. Reminded me of the 2015 RWC final when Ben Smith was yellow carded however after the card this saturday, unlike the All Blacks at the world cup, the Highlanders were toast.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    AH! The Jags are out!
    I know I was hoping they would get a win or two

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I didnt think so.
    And If I said that the dress was black - you would say its blue right?

Ooops sorry - you would disagree with that as well.

It was a good game - the (small) crowd were into it. If at the end of the game the Waratahs crowd arent booing their team. Its an OK - when they are bouncing on their seats and generally "going off" it was a good game.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    And If I said that the dress was black - you would say its blue right?

Ooops sorry - you would disagree with that as well.

It was a good game - the (small) crowd were into it. If at the end of the game the Waratahs crowd arent booing their team. Its an OK - when they are bouncing on their seats and generally "going off" it was a good game.
    Well I hope the 10 thousand or so enjoyed it. To put that into perspective that would be the equivalent of 3,500 Force supporters turning up for a finals game and partying hard like those hardcore Waratah and ofcourse lets not forget, the Highlanders fans on saturday.

vCash
    Actually seeing NSW is a "Rugby Heartland" state they should double our per head of population crowds so the quarter final on Saturday at Allianz in NSW got a crowd that was the equivalent of a Perth crowd of about 1,500 people, and that includes the opposition supporters. Laughable really, rugby is officially dead in NSW and the East coast for that matter.

vCash
    While I hated the result, I'd have to agree with Ex, it was a pretty entertaining game. Despite Gus Gardner getting a lot of hate on here, you can't blame him for Waisake Naholo's bloody stupidity - not one but TWO high tackles in the same phases of play - what a tosser, ruining it for his team. One of them can be seen seen here

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Just because minimal people attend the Waratahs match does not mean that Rugby is dying in the "Rugby Heartland"

Thousands of Rugby people are attending Shute Shield. Last years Grand Final had over 20 Thousand.

My club - which is like 3 Levels below Shute Shield get nearly 100 spectators to each and every game.

Rugby is fine

Super Rugby is dying. There is a difference.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    I admire your positivity Ex

Senior Player
    vCash
    I've gotta agree with Ex regarding the game I actually thought it was quite a good game. The tahs took their chances and ran with it. Why blame the Tahs for Naholo's stupidity! The tries they scored were good running rugby at its best.
    I get that we got turfed out of the comp by shit circumstances but the constant bashing, bad mouthing, whinging and finding excuses is making us Sea Of Blue supporters look really terrible and fucken childish.
    Lets create our own great comp, one that makes them over east want to come and enjoy because believe it or not we actually need some of their supporters to be watching us as well for us to survive and grow.
    Au Revoir!!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    I get that we got turfed out of the comp by shit circumstances but the constant bashing, bad mouthing, whinging and finding excuses is making us Sea Of Blue supporters look really terrible and fucken childish.
    Lets create our own great comp, one that makes them over east want to come and enjoy because believe it or not we actually need some of their supporters to be watching us as well for us to survive and grow.
    Au Revoir!!
    I mean, on the G&G forums they banned a whole bunch of us last year for such things and I don't know if any has been unbanned yet. It seems on there now it is a case that Force fans will get the ban hammer if they don't shut up and move on even if they have genuine gripes. (Even when Rebels supporters are bitching about Force fan comments on Facebook)

I get going on and on about the same shit is dull but censoring people is just as bad, so as far as I am concerned bugger them, I will speak as much shit as I want.

But to the matter at hand, the powers that be over East fucked us, now I want them to be fucked. If Rugby only exists in WA I would be very happy. Why the hell should I be nice?

vCash
    They have reported a crowd of about 8,500 for the Crusaders vs Sharks QUARTER FINAL in Christchirch according to this link.
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/su...for-host-clubs

Even for a city like Christchurch (which has a huge population by New Zealand standards) in New Zealands rugby heartland isnt even getting anything near what the Western Force is getting in attendance. The whole competition is dying before ththe SANZAAR administrators eyes and they are all standing their like deer's stuck in headlights totally incapable of making a correct decision. Its like a room full of men trying to design a horse, and they end up with a camel.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast