Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: WSR game 1 - Force v Fiji

vCash
    Nope, according to the Roar live commentary apparently it was bizarre and not to be taken seriously. And all the 19500 tickets were freebies. And one guy from Melbourne even said nobody in the world even knew where Perth was or could place it on a map so "world series" is a misnomer. Soooo....the West Coast Eagles who have won three premiereships are near Geelong on the west side of Port Phillip Bay?

The RA will spin this that the Reds and Brums didn't play so it's only a 50% loss rate

Oh, I forgot to mention the Figians were third grade at best lol

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Prospect
    vCash
    Really enjoyable evening, and was emotional to see the Force back out there!
    Great WIN to start the series off!!
    Modified rules are a good start, but more needs to be done to speed game up even more..
    I was just at the eagles game tonight, great win also! We can learn a thing from AFL believe it or not.

Injury time needs to speed up! (Neck injury exemption)
    With rolling subs if players go down for more then 30seconds bring on a new player and get off the field.
    To many stoppages for cramps and minor injuries that Holt play, not good to watch.

Still to may huddles before line outs need to get on with it!
    Think 60 second count down for line outs and scrums.
    Scrums could have maximum 2 60 second countdowns

As ex player I know these breaks are great for a breather
    But these pros need to be able to keep going without constant breaks.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Lachy Read was the announcer usually MC and football boundary rider.

vCash
    To be fair to the refs and medics, the two big stoppages in play were for concussion (Grant) and a broken ankle (the Fijian #4). Neither of which you could safely get players off the ground quickly for

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbeaver View Post
    I am so stoked about how last night went. It has through and through reignited my love for this game.

Just my 2 cents on the 7 broadcast: It certainly seemed to be a much lower budget affair than what Fox Sports normally produce, however it was significantly more entertaining. None of the BS and false drama the Fox commentators normally try to inject in to the games. It was just good old fashion comentating with some genuinely funny banter. Also seemed to be less ads than you normally see on Fox.
    Beaver is back.

Gday mate. hope all is well.

I found the Fox broadcast (feat. Michael Lynagh on commentary) to be interesting.

Visually it was similar to normally. Tho with extra drone footage so we could see the "packed house".

The commentary was at times very scripted. "this is the type of play you can expect to see in World Series Rugby", "Just some of the fast and enterprising play that World Series Rugby will bring to you". A lot of comments of "so Michael Lynagh you would not have seen a crowd this big since you played the game...."

There seemed to be an audio problem where you could hear the TV director talking to various people. Was distracting.

Interviewer running on the field to talk to the try scorer was pretty good.

When the 2 serious injuries occurred - they seemed to deliberately not show the first aid being delivered.

Mid game interview with Hodgo was good.

Was surprising to see Andrew Forrest on the field. His checking on Peter Grant was a really nice touch. Very obvious he cares about "his" players.

Once the match was over the coverage pretty much stopped so FoxSports could broadcast IceHockey..

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    The commentary was all over the shop. Lynagh is more used to studio commentary and analysis yet they jumped between play by play commentary than plugging him for comments on the spot. Let alone people talking him up. Had they stuck to the English lad and Lynagh they would have had more flow through the game.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The commentary was all over the shop. Lynagh is more used to studio commentary and analysis yet they jumped between play by play commentary than plugging him for comments on the spot. Let alone people talking him up. Had they stuck to the English lad and Lynagh they would have had more flow through the game.
    The commentary particularly the "English lad" was not the best particularly when it came to actual facts about players etc.
    The "English lad" commentator and his offsider grated on me with the chit chat stuff but lets be honest could we do it better.
    At least it was not over the top like the Fox rubbish.
    Yes they kept pushing WSR and Twiggy but he is paying their wages isn't he.
    Didn't mind Lynagh.
    I'm hearing from a sauce that the "voice of rugby" will here next week.
    I guess I can always turn the volume off if I don't like it.

Player
    vCash
    At least for once we were listening to commentary that was positive about the Force and didn’t sound like the commentators had to pretend to say nice things. Even better was no more force player XYZ former Waratahs/Red etc from 10 years ago. And especially not as much of the the Fox commentators speciality, cliche after cliche after cliche. The Channel seven team will get better as it goes on, it felt more natural and entertaining then the Fox team ever was.

vCash
    We also didn't have to put up with "...was a originally a schoolboy in New Zealand" and "...who's father was from New Zealand" either. That was refreshing.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    We also didn't have to put up with "...was a originally a schoolboy in New Zealand" and "...who's father was from New Zealand" either. That was refreshing.
    Hahaha, they said that about Tevin Ferris I believe Originally from NZ, grew up playing in Rockie etc.

vCash
    Shit you're right about that!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Shit you're right about that!
    Dude, he's from Rockingham and he plays rugby it isn't whether he came over from unzud, only when

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    FFS could Twiggy please please please put some pressure on the catering team at NIB because the food is absolutely fucking deplorable! As fulvio said you could use some of the food as a hammer. Just shit compared to the Arena and Optus.

Senior Player
    vCash
    One thing I've also noticed at different events lately is the security seems to be a bit more relaxed. No one barking at you to take your seat and allowing you to be able to stand in certain places and watch the game. Makes for a great atmosphere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    FFS could Twiggy please please please put some pressure on the catering team at NIB because the food is absolutely fucking deplorable! As fulvio said you could use some of the food as a hammer. Just shit compared to the Arena and Optus.
    The Bollywood Spices truck was pretty good, chicken tikka roll for $8 was tasty!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast