Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: WSR game 1 - Force v Fiji

vCash
    Great night. But TBH it didn't get the heart rate up at all. Nothing on the line. But will keep turning up. Perhaps the matches aginst the Rabble, Saders etc will do it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Great night. But TBH it didn't get the heart rate up at all. Nothing on the line. But will keep turning up. Perhaps the matches aginst the Rabble, Saders etc will do it.
    It was a pretty good hit out for both sides. Far more coherent ball handling wise for the first sixty minutes unlike some of the dross served up in the Aus Super Rugby derbies. Good to see the Force backs passing the ball in front and looking for switch plays.

Pity about the injuries on both sides. Can't see Grant back for Tonga. Those blokes can hit high and they did say he was unconscious. Didn't realise that Uyen is from Kalgoorlie there is a big f..k you to Bumchin Bill and de Clyne right there. The Force and WA Rugby finding talent out in the desert in an AFL state.

As much as I like looking at Danielle not a fan of the post try interviews. The commentary lacked continuity. Would rather prefer the English lad on play by play commentary Lynagh who I don't think has done match commentary before (a very good studio analyst) was more comfortable when he was combining with him with comments.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Deegan looked bloody sharp. Hard to compare fairly, but he looked at least as good if not better than the St 10s.not surprised he pushed Grant to 15

Rocket was keen and looks like he's shed a few kegs, seemed to want to score a power try, he ept going off at them kicking possession away when it was live.

There were big hooahs on both sides, I think the Fijians won that department, so it was good to see the force do enough particularly with the short build up.

Grant Looked heavily concussed and surely will have at least a week off.

The gimmicks I could take or leave, but they aren't there for me so I say leave them in.

Loner cam was moment of the nigjt

C'mon the

vCash
    It was pretty good from Deegan considering he didn't play much for Connacht who weren't helped by the coaching from the soon to be sacked Kieran Keane. Prior to that he was only playing Shute Shield for Randwick and they weren't really title contenders so it was good to see him mix it at the pro level to show off his wares. Both wingers looked sharp. Brad Lacey in one game against some big Fijian bodies showed he is a better defender than Speight.

On the back row is there any word regarding McCalman's contract situation and fitness?

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Great night and glad to have rugby back all the razzmatazz was great apart from playing music while the game is on! And then above the music some idiot is telling us to shout for the Force! You dick! They couldn’t her us shouting because the freaking music was on! Get it right on Sunday please!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I thought Deegan was great, displayed kicking, passing, running and defence. Both wings were sharp. Grant was good at 15.

For a team thrown together a couple of weeks ago they showed more than any of our Super teams, well done to the coaches.

Fiji might not be as ruthlessly "professional" a Super opposition, but I thought we were the most entertaining team we have fielded, the boys tossed out around and ran. Great stuff

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    It was pretty good from Deegan considering he didn't play much for Connacht who weren't helped by the coaching from the soon to be sacked Kieran Keane. Prior to that he was only playing Shute Shield for Randwick and they weren't really title contenders so it was good to see him mix it at the pro level to show off his wares. Both wingers looked sharp. Brad Lacey in one game against some big Fijian bodies showed he is a better defender than Speight.

On the back row is there any word regarding McCalman's contract situation and fitness?
    Benny Mac has been forced to retire due to his shoulder. He broke it again on the spring tour last year and failed the medical for the Tahs because of it. He is back in Warren and running his farm.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    A huge lesson for Australian Rugby in the space of a few hours

- Twiggy showed that Rugby can get sponsors and fill stands
    - The Jaguares won back to back games against Kiwi teams and both wins were in NZ
    - De Clyne's boys got a 45 point hiding from the Crusaders.

vCash
    Great May the 4th Be With You Day, and may the Force be with us indeed!

And those Jaguares are doing some good things to top it all off.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Enjoyed the first game and looking forward to next week. Deegan played exceptionally well and I will need a program of sorts next week to give due kudos to others. Lacey was impressive. Brache played his heart out and rewarded with the first try. Hope Grant is all good. The only thing Id like to see since there isnt sportsears and new rules the decisions put up on the big screen. Oh and replays. This will also help the new fans to rugby.

Lachy Reid was the MC who id say is the best at doing it at the wildcats. Different game, different crowd. Not against him continuing just needs some tweaking.

For your info Fulvio there were not cheerleaders but dancers on before kick off. Just an addition to the spectacle of the night.

I hung around a little bit afterwards but not too long was the "surprise" after the game just wolfmother comin back or something else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Enjoyed the first game and looking forward to next week. Deegan played exceptionally well and I will need a program of sorts next week to give due kudos to others. Lacey was impressive. Brache played his heart out and rewarded with the first try. Hope Grant is all good. The only thing Id like to see since there isnt sportsears and new rules the decisions put up on the big screen. Oh and replays. This will also help the new fans to rugby.

Lachy Reid was the MC who id say is the best at doing it at the wildcats. Different game, different crowd. Not against him continuing just needs some tweaking.

For your info Fulvio there were not cheerleaders but dancers on before kick off. Just an addition to the spectacle of the night.

I hung around a little bit afterwards but not too long was the "surprise" after the game just wolfmother comin back or something else?
    Sportsears wouldn't have worked as the ref's mike wasn't working for most of the match. Good to see a young ref out there stepping up in to the big time.

vCash
    I thought the inside centre was also pretty sharp...Rodney Iona?? Combined well with Deegan at 10 and the wings, and fleet of foot.

Fascinating reading the vitriol from the usual suspects on roar, and the blatant troll of the live feed. Completely misinformed, and or paid shills. I reported every troll comment, and posted that it was behooven on the site mods to put a stop to hijacking their own live feed. Of course my comment was deleted, the troll still there. That site has degenerated to shit.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post

One thing they did get wrong on the night was announcing the teams while Fiji were performing their Cibi challenge. Hope Tonga gets the proper respect if they perform the Sipi Tau next Sunday. I suppose with so many quickly arranged things going on pre-game it was bound to get a little out of control somewhere.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Great match and night.

My man of the match was Chris Alcock at 7. He was everywhere, making steals and tackled like a demon.

Andrew Deegan at 10 was also impressive.

Wow, how good was our defence !

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I felt abit like that as well but I still enjoyed the game. The pre game entertainment was awesome!

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast