Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: World Series Rugby confirms revolutionary on-field changes

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    do you have to use the same ball for a quick lineout?
    I think the point is that it is not a 'quick lineout', more of a normal lineout, but you dont have to wait for the ref or opposition.

so i would assume, no, different ball is allowed at the spot where the ball crosses the line.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    I think the point is that it is not a 'quick lineout', more of a normal lineout, but you dont have to wait for the ref or opposition.

so i would assume, no, different ball is allowed at the spot where the ball crosses the line.
    Which would logically assume that the laws for throwing straight, baulked throws etc will apply.

I know the straight throw law is pretty much ignored for a quick lineout (as long as it isn't forward) and the position of the thrower only needs to be behind the mark. A lot of shenanigans could be reffed out of the contest by applying existing lineout laws and classing them as a normal lineout.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Do you think it would be a good idea for us to sit through at least one game, see how it all works and then discuss the pro's and con's without having to speculate about the numerous possibilities?? A heel of a lot of work has gone into this, so let's give it all chance first

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Do you think it would be a good idea for us to sit through at least one game, see how it all works and then discuss the pro's and con's without having to speculate about the numerous possibilities?? A heel of a lot of work has gone into this, so let's give it all chance first
    I think its just anticipation for the game and speculation at how its gonna work, nothing negative

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Fair point Innforcer.
    Interesting to see how many cynical play cards get issued.
    Would love to see the equivalent of yellows in 7's, sendoffs for 2 or 5 mins...

Last edited by SwampDweller; 02-05-18 at 09:06. Reason: Poor grasp of written English

vCash
    I'll be honest, I've been a bit skeptical about the change up. But, I think it will bring something new to how we play rugby in Australia - a lot of this stuff is already happening in European leagues and Varsity Rugby in South Africa and seems to work well - we're just putting more of it together in to the one game. Could be the shake up we need and get more people excited for Rugby!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Champion
    vCash
    Any word on who the refs are?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Jules
    Maybe they should bring back Jonkers from retirement?
    Im sure he was a hit over here.
    Would save time on scrums too..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_tAt3sHLKw

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    If you want a really quick lineout you should train wingers to throw the ball in - they're normally close to the sideline anyway and the hookers are normally in the centre of the field. Could be an interesting tactic to catch the opposition napping...

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I think an extended discussion trying to ascertain the possible impacts of the law variations is infinitely preferable to us all sitting around bleating about how much Cameron Clyne sucks.

I will continue my amateur analysis and attempts to find sneaky ways to use the laws to gain an advantage.

Re wingers throwing the ball in, winger to flyhalf wouldn't need to be thrown in the traditional manner, a pass that follows the right path, travels more than 5m and is thrown from the mark should satisfy all the requirements. It will only become an issue if there's a defender to compete.

C'mon the

vCash
    see how it all works and then discuss the pro's and con's without having to speculate about the numerous possibilities??
    Are you new around these parts?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Veteran
    vCash
    no...

vCash
    But, but, but?
    I already liked rugby?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Hey I'm looking forward to the changes. I want to speed the action up and get the score board moving - no negatives from me - sure lets see how it goes, but I think its a positive

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    truth triumphs

vCash
    I wonder if they could tweak that super-try idea, so that the attacking team are rewarded for not taking the ball to ground and no are rucks formed during the continuity of possession? Instead, the attacking team attempt to stay on their feet, getting rewarded for the standing recycle; driving/rolling on, drawing in the opposition forwards, keeping the movement advancing onwards before releasing the ball out to the backs again.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast