Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is Friday's Force vs Fiji game shown on TV?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    You mean communal SportsEars?

Attachment 5261
    Haha - I miss those drive-ins!! Remember Dad always used to forget to take the speaker off the window & drive off when we were leaving! LOL!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The Fox TV guide also lists the Tonga match as live, which is intriguing, in light of what LMSC posted at the time the axe fell. He said repeatedly that Fox were a large part of that as they contended that it was too expensive to do live telecasts out of Perth. I replied to him then that I was sceptical as all the Fox Rugby commentators, apart from the Rat's Arse employee Kafer were backing the Force. Arranging coverage in such a short time is a pretty mean feat and it would be interesting to know the financials of the deal. Maybe Fox lost a whole heap of subscriptions in WA when they didn't deserve to?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Arranging coverage in such a short time is a pretty mean feat and it would be interesting to know the financials of the deal. Maybe Fox lost a whole heap of subscriptions in WA when they didn't deserve to?
    Not disagreeing with the general intent Shasta, but there are companies in Perth that Fox could use to outsource the job.

The fact that it's also on FTA might even be a suggestion that somebody has won the tender to provide the broadcast stream and this is being sent to the various broadcasters. I would suggest this is the easiest method for Twiggy to use to get the broadcast happening rapidly (he can contract a stream provider as soon as he books the ground and sell everybody the media package.

That also might explain Fox killing the Force in Super Rugby but buying the Force in WSR. All I know is that Fox held all the cards in the deal, if they refused to rewrite the contract and insisted on 5 then we would still be shackled to the millstone that is SuperDuperRugby.

C'mon the

vCash
    Maybe GIGS. But we also need to take into account that Fox definitely don't hold all the cards. The ZA broadcasters do. Always been the case and always been the reason ZA gets what they want.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Maybe GIGS. But we also need to take into account that Fox definitely don't hold all the cards. The ZA broadcasters do. Always been the case and always been the reason ZA gets what they want.
    What the dopes running the RA fail to realise is that the extra money in this deal came from England and France. The Force, Kings and Cheetahs gave them extra content to fill their time slots. Kicking these teams out gives them less content and a valid reason to cough up less money next time.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I am pretty sure that Twiggy has paid for the FTA himself, part of his promise to the fans.

vCash
    Wasn't there some talk of an arrangement with Kerry Stokes it's just that neither want to make it public?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    Is FTA official? Do we know for sure who will be showing it on FTA?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm curious about that myself, especially with the positive coverage on Today Tonight. Usually Seven and other local channels take a big dump on competing sporting codes; but Seven have been positively beaming, showing the Force ads along with it. Maybe when there is a vested interest, à la the Wildcats back in the day, they don't poo-poo other sports? Maybe Stokes has an interest?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    Yessssss ! Just announced live and shown on 7two! You ripper!!!😃😃😃😃😃😃

vCash
    And there you have it

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Woohoo. This alone is a defining moment in Australian Rugby. Live free to air coverage is about as good as it gets, and this is a NON-Test match. This is going to be an unbeleivable spectacle. Can't wait to see the national FTA and Fox viewership numbers...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    This is brilliant!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I'm curious about that myself, especially with the positive coverage on Today Tonight. Usually Seven and other local channels take a big dump on competing sporting codes; but Seven have been positively beaming, showing the Force ads along with it. Maybe when there is a vested interest, à la the Wildcats back in the day, they don't poo-poo other sports? Maybe Stokes has an interest?
    Kerry Stokes is a rugby man from way back

vCash
    just when you thought it couldnt get better, it does! LIVE Streaming to come

This is a tweet from @Western Force
    For everyone asking! We have no streaming online happening for Game One unfortunately but will be working on this for games to come.

Please keep your eyes peeled to our Facebook page for updates. Thank you for your patience
    🙏🏼

Attachment 5269
    https://i.imgur.com/Diek5gG.jpg

Twiggy you absolute legend. I have always had a preference for streaming sport over TV!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast