Thread: Harrison Lloyd the latest Western Force signing

Champion
    vCash

Harrison Lloyd the latest Western Force signing

Another signing, Also says more to come tomorrow.

Nick Taylor | The West Australian
    Thursday, 15 March 2018 4:22PM

Two weeks ago Harrison Lloyd was pondering his future in rugby in the Brumbies academy.
    But a couple of phone calls changed all that and the loosehead prop has joined the re-born Western Force as the club prepares for the World Series Rugby tournament.
    Lloyd has been on the fringes of the Brumbies for the last couple of years but with no guarantee of Super Rugby he took the plunge to head west.
    The under-20 Australian Barbarians front-rower, who has signed a two-year deal with the Force, will link up with Tim Sampson, his National Rugby Championship coach at the Vikings.
    He had a pre-season with the Brumbies and joined the re-launched Brumbies academy after a good season with the Vikings.

More here
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...-ng-b88776024z

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I briefly saw somewhere on Facebook in the last few days that Twiggy hosted Agustin Pichot (vice-chairman of World Rugby) in Perth last week, but I cannot find it now. Has this been reported on TWF or elsewhere? Anybody know anything?

Lloyd is one of a number of players that are set to be named on Friday.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Can't wait to hear about more new signings and starting to have some rugby to talk about!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I briefly saw somewhere on Facebook in the last few days that Twiggy hosted Agustin Pichot (vice-chairman of World Rugby) in Perth last week, but I cannot find it now. Has this been reported on TWF or elsewhere? Anybody know anything?
    I haven't heard anything (that isn't unusual) but I wouldn't be surprised. If Twiggy is planning to go toe to toe with Rat's Arse, then he will need to have Word Rugby in his corner. He will need to either present clear evidence that RA are dicking him around or make a financial offer that Gus can't refuse to get World Rugby's support for the breakaway league.

If he can manage to achieve that, he will suddenly gain all the power in the negotiation and things will start to move pretty quickly.

Let's face it, he's already made a public statement that the comp is going ahead next year with or without RA's endorsement. To make a statement like that indicates that he either has a locked up strategy to make it happen or he's an incredibly naive media hog.

I'm choosing to go with the former, because I don't think he's naive.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I haven't heard anything (that isn't unusual) but I wouldn't be surprised. If Twiggy is planning to go toe to toe with Rat's Arse, then he will need to have Word Rugby in his corner. He will need to either present clear evidence that RA are dicking him around or make a financial offer that Gus can't refuse to get World Rugby's support for the breakaway league.

If he can manage to achieve that, he will suddenly gain all the power in the negotiation and things will start to move pretty quickly.

Let's face it, he's already made a public statement that the comp is going ahead next year with or without RA's endorsement. To make a statement like that indicates that he either has a locked up strategy to make it happen or he's an incredibly naive media hog.

I'm choosing to go with the former, because I don't think he's naive.
    Said a while back that the IRB have the option of going nuclear on the RA and the lead to the Senate Inquiry that Tonkar provided them.

On the topic of signings I wouldn't be surprised to see Mees Erasmus in Perth. He hasn't been given game time despite the Brumbies poor scrummaging and carrying.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post

Lloyd is one of a number of players that are set to be named on Friday.
    Twiggy and the Western Force players, coaches and staff etc had him down at Cott to see the sculptures

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    WESTERN FORCE ADDS NAMES TO ITS 2018 SQUAD
    The Western Force squad for the 2018 World Series Rugby tournament has been bolstered today with the addition of four more players.

A familiar Western Force face, hooker Heath Tessmann, will return to play in front of the Sea of Blue after notching up five seasons with the club between 2013 and 2017.

“One of my proudest rugby moments was being able to lead the team onto nib Stadium in front of the Sea of Blue, and after the series of events that unfolded last year I told myself I’d be there next time the Force ran out there,” Tessmann said.

“It’s an exciting group that has been assembled to represent the jersey, but what we’re all most excited about is being able to get in front of the Sea of Blue.”

Loosehead prop Harry Lloyd joins the Force from the Canberra Vikings while former Chiefs openside flanker Johan Bardoul has signed with the side after a stint with Japan’s Yamaha Jubilo.

George Pisi joins the Force after careers at the Auckland Blues, French side Clermont Auvergne and the UK’s Northampton Saints, among others. He has represented Samoa, alongside his brothers, at two Rugby World Cups.

Western Force head of elite performance Matt Hodgson said the team was coming together well.

“We have had some really gruelling training sessions to date and I think the boys are in good shape to play a fast and exciting brand of rugby in the 2018 World Series Rugby matches,” Hodgson said.

“There are now just 49 days until our first game against Fiji – the countdown is on.” Tessmann, Pisi, Bardoul and Lloyd join the following previously announced players:

Aj Alatimu, Chris Alcock, Marcel Brache, Masivesi Dakuwaqa, Rod Davies, Andrew Deegan, Tevin Ferris, Jaque Fourie, Josh Furno, Peter Grant, Chris Heiberg, Rodney Iona, Feleti Kaitu’u, Brad Lacey, Kieran Longbottom, Ryan Louwrens, Cameron Orr, Harrison Orr, Leon Power, Ian Prior, Harry Scoble, Tom Sheminant, Brynard Stander, Elliot Turner, Clay Uyen and Fergus Lee Warner.

The World Series will see the Force take on some of the best national representative teams from the Asia Pacific region and return to the field against a number of Super 15 rivals.

The seven-match series will take place at NIB Stadium in Perth and kick off on May 4 against Fiji. The Force will then face off against Tonga, the Rebels and the Crusaders before challenging Samoa, Hong Kong and an as-yet-to-be-confirmed side
    https://www.rugbywa.asn.au/news/west...ts-2018-squad/

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    On the topic of signings I wouldn't be surprised to see Mees Erasmus in Perth. He hasn't been given game time despite the Brumbies poor scrummaging and carrying.
    That would be great, both for club rugby and for the Force. But is this pure conjecture or have you heard something? Losing players like Mees from the local scene is one of the big (but often unmentioned) disappointments from last year.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good mix of players joining up:

Tessman - continuity with the Force, and 60 SR games (although now 34, so maybe not a long-term player signing, but a mentor for Scoble)
    Lloyd - young Australian loosehead
    Bardoul - bit of a journeyman, and at 30 is now unlikely to ever become a star, but no-one who was in the Chiefs squad should be disregarded
    Pisi - 140 matches for Northampton Saints means he's no dummy. Now in his 30s, so may be slowing down, but like Fourie a fantastic mentor for the younger players.

I'm really liking the way the squad is shaping up, and hope the coaches can make a team of these disparate pieces.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    That would be great, both for club rugby and for the Force. But is this pure conjecture or have you heard something? Losing players like Mees from the local scene is one of the big (but often unmentioned) disappointments from last year.
    Put two and two together. McKellar the P plater has had injuries in the front and the pack has struggled to get over the gain line. He still has selected inferior props over the EPS contracted Erasmus. Why stay on peanuts and not get game time?

Verity Amm is in the same boat. EPS contract still not considered for the bench. McKellar has made changes and Verity Amm played in the A match in Albury where the Brumby Runners smashed the Rebels 'reserves.'

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board