Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Sea of Blue

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

The Sea of Blue

In another thread our good friend Darkness has brought up so very interesting points about the Sea of Blue and what have they done. To an interested outsider or onlooker the Sea of Blue is a collective group of fans of Western Force and Western Australian Rugby Union with a very loud voice and a seat at “the table”.

Personally I see the voice, it is at times loud. But I think that the message is ill-informed, mis-directed or directionless.

I think its time for the Sea of Blue to become organised. Have one voice, and make sure that all the voices to be singing from the same song book.

To do this the fans of the Western Force need to recognise and accept some facts. Accept that other people have an opinion and stop blaming people who had no part in the removal of the Western Force from the Super Rugby competition.

Mis-directed Anger

There appears to be several groups and teams that are on the receiving end of hatred from vocal Western Force fans.

The Wallabies. At no time did any of the Wallabies playing group have any say in the sacking or the keeping of the Western Force. At no time has any Wallabies player said that they only play for the fans on the East Coast of Australia. At present there are a number of Wallabies squad members that have played in the Western Force Jersey with great pride and they deserve our continued support. Not supporting the Wallabies because they represent the ARU is like not support Soldiers because they represent a government going to war that you disagree with. Its just hating on the wrong people.

The Melbourne Rebels fans. The former owners and board of the Melbourne Rebels have a lot to answer for. The Melbourne Rebels fans do not. The Melbourne Rebels fans were not part of the decision to dismiss the Western Force, nor were they part of the decision to recruit many former Western Force players. Yes, there are some people that say stupid, hateful or ignorant things on Internet forums about the sacking of the Western Force. They are not a true representation of Melbourne Rebels fans, they are trolls. Stop feeding the trolls. Ignore them.

The Blame Game

Cameron Clyne and the Board of Rugby Australia made a decision that removed the Western Force from the Super Rugby Competition. They were not the second shooter on the grassy knoll, the guy who filmed the lunar landings from a film studio in West Los Angles or the reason why the sky is falling. Not every decision they make is a secret plot to make RugbyWA fall into the abyss. Not everything is a conspiracy theory.

Unrealistic Expectations

The new CEO does not have the power to sack the board of Rugby Australia, who appointed her.

The ASIC Investigation will not put Cameron Clyne behind bars.
    Nor will the ASIC Investigation re-instate the Western Force into the Super Rugby Competition.

Not purchasing Rugby Merchandise will not put Rugby Australia in to Administration.

Mr Forrest’s money will not solve every problem that we come across.

Western Force 2.0

Its time to smile again, its time to move on. Its time to look forward not back. Its time to drink from the glass that’s half full.

This year sees the return of our team and its time to celebrate that. But, along with the celebration we need to change our attitude and change how we appear to outsiders. No more blaming everyone else, and no more oh woe is me. We are losing supporters. Its time for………

Sea of Blue 2.0

With a new and improved team there is a need for a new and improved supporter base. One that is organised, open and welcoming. A group that is strong, has one voice and is invited to the big kids table.

Professional

The new Sea of Blue needs to have an organising committee. A group that guide the masses. That points the masses in the direction that is required. That can put together a mob at a moment’s notice. That has a voice that is heard. That represents our team, our State in the most positive light. That means no more FURA or FUARU in public forums. No more name calling. Its childish and we are better than that.

Goals

The Re-instatement of Mr Geoff Stooke to the board of Rugby Australia. More than anything else we must have a representation on the board.

A block of seating at nib/craypot allocated to Sea of Blue members.
    Continued Encouragement for all Sea of Blue members to become members of WA Rugby Clubs.
    A seat on the board RugbyWA
    A consulting role within Mr Forrests IPRC Organisation.

The last 2 are a stretch. But its time to reach for the stars.

Positions Vacant

The Sea of Blue will need people of different skills and talents;

Social Media Mediators,
    Press Release Writers,
    Media Representatives,
    Newsletter writer/creators

All of this is possible. But, attitudes need to change to be able to get there. More than anything else The Sea of Blue needs to take itself seriously before anyone else will take it seriously.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    In another thread our good friend Darkness has brought up so very interesting points about the Sea of Blue and what have they done. To an interested outsider or onlooker the Sea of Blue is a collective group of fans of Western Force and Western Australian Rugby Union with a very loud voice and a seat at “the table”.

Personally I see the voice, it is at times loud. But I think that the message is ill-informed, mis-directed or directionless.

I think its time for the Sea of Blue to become organised. Have one voice, and make sure that all the voices to be singing from the same song book.

To do this the fans of the Western Force need to recognise and accept some facts. Accept that other people have an opinion and stop blaming people who had no part in the removal of the Western Force from the Super Rugby competition.

Mis-directed Anger

There appears to be several groups and teams that are on the receiving end of hatred from vocal Western Force fans.

The Wallabies. At no time did any of the Wallabies playing group have any say in the sacking or the keeping of the Western Force. At no time has any Wallabies player said that they only play for the fans on the East Coast of Australia. At present there are a number of Wallabies squad members that have played in the Western Force Jersey with great pride and they deserve our continued support. Not supporting the Wallabies because they represent the ARU is like not support Soldiers because they represent a government going to war that you disagree with. Its just hating on the wrong people.

The Melbourne Rebels fans. The former owners and board of the Melbourne Rebels have a lot to answer for. The Melbourne Rebels fans do not. The Melbourne Rebels fans were not part of the decision to dismiss the Western Force, nor were they part of the decision to recruit many former Western Force players. Yes, there are some people that say stupid, hateful or ignorant things on Internet forums about the sacking of the Western Force. They are not a true representation of Melbourne Rebels fans, they are trolls. Stop feeding the trolls. Ignore them.

The Blame Game

Cameron Clyne and the Board of Rugby Australia made a decision that removed the Western Force from the Super Rugby Competition. They were not the second shooter on the grassy knoll, the guy who filmed the lunar landings from a film studio in West Los Angles or the reason why the sky is falling. Not every decision they make is a secret plot to make RugbyWA fall into the abyss. Not everything is a conspiracy theory.

Unrealistic Expectations

The new CEO does not have the power to sack the board of Rugby Australia, who appointed her.

The ASIC Investigation will not put Cameron Clyne behind bars.
    Nor will the ASIC Investigation re-instate the Western Force into the Super Rugby Competition.

Not purchasing Rugby Merchandise will not put Rugby Australia in to Administration.

Mr Forrest’s money will not solve every problem that we come across.

Western Force 2.0

Its time to smile again, its time to move on. Its time to look forward not back. Its time to drink from the glass that’s half full.

This year sees the return of our team and its time to celebrate that. But, along with the celebration we need to change our attitude and change how we appear to outsiders. No more blaming everyone else, and no more oh woe is me. We are losing supporters. Its time for………

Sea of Blue 2.0

With a new and improved team there is a need for a new and improved supporter base. One that is organised, open and welcoming. A group that is strong, has one voice and is invited to the big kids table.

Professional

The new Sea of Blue needs to have an organising committee. A group that guide the masses. That points the masses in the direction that is required. That can put together a mob at a moment’s notice. That has a voice that is heard. That represents our team, our State in the most positive light. That means no more FURA or FUARU in public forums. No more name calling. Its childish and we are better than that.

Goals

The Re-instatement of Mr Geoff Stooke to the board of Rugby Australia. More than anything else we must have a representation on the board.

A block of seating at nib/craypot allocated to Sea of Blue members.
    Continued Encouragement for all Sea of Blue members to become members of WA Rugby Clubs.
    A seat on the board RugbyWA
    A consulting role within Mr Forrests IPRC Organisation.

The last 2 are a stretch. But its time to reach for the stars.

Positions Vacant

The Sea of Blue will need people of different skills and talents;

Social Media Mediators,
    Press Release Writers,
    Media Representatives,
    Newsletter writer/creators

All of this is possible. But, attitudes need to change to be able to get there. More than anything else The Sea of Blue needs to take itself seriously before anyone else will take it seriously.
    An insider from the IPRC told me the Perth team would be wearing brown jerseys. We might become the Sea of Pooh.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Hallelujah Ex.

Someone who gets it!

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    well Darkness,what happened to the 12 hours off site?

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    well Darkness,what happened to the 12 hours off site?
    It's called dinner time!

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    i call it bullshit

vCash
    You lost me when you wrote that.

Have you been reading Will Knight on The Roar? All well and good saying that but the likes of de Clyne and the rest of the RA board bar Geoff Stooke didn't make a business decision based on facts, proper figures, taking in what was on the table (the WA Government and Own the Force contributions weren't considered in their so call figures) and not faced the people in Perth like the men and women they claim to be.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Have you been reading Will Knight on The Roar? All well and good saying that but the likes of de Clyne and the rest of the RA board bar Geoff Stooke didn't make a business decision based on facts, proper figures, taking in what was on table (the WA Government and Own the Force contributions weren't considered in their so call figures) and not faced the people in Perth like the men and women they claim to be.
    I dont read the roar.

Exile
    Sydney

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't mistake TWF for the sea of blue. There are many here who count themselves among it, many that don't, and many, many more that aren't here at all. I think RugbyWA, or the commercial arm if it, are the only body that could take on the roles and responsibilities you propose. Have you been in contact with them?

Of course this place can always be one of the conduits used to disseminate info etc., but probably shouldn't be the only one? Not that I am settings any rules or anything - mob rule in these parts... within reason

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Agree with much of that, but at the same time would caution against sowing the same seeds again.

...I think that the message is ill-informed, mis-directed or directionless.
    Agreed.

...stop blaming people who had no part in the removal of the Western Force from the Super Rugby competition.
    In a lot of cases yes, but let's not forget there were also a lot of people who were in a position to affect the outcome who stood by and just watched. It doesn't make them responsible, but nor does it make them blameless. Go watch "The Accused"

...The Wallabies. At no time did any of the Wallabies playing group have any say in the sacking or the keeping of the Western Force....Not supporting the Wallabies because they represent the ARU is like not support Soldiers because they represent a government going to war that you disagree with. Its just hating on the wrong people.
    Sorry, did you just say that ISIS fighters are blameless, it is just ISIS that should be hated? Controversial!

I know what you are saying, but disagree. Certainly don't hate the individual players, but saying the Wallabies as an organisation is separate from the ARU is as illogical as Ukrainians hating Soviet Russia but actively supporting the Red Army in their every activity. Nice bunch of blokes over a beer and just doing a job, but they are unavoidably the means by which power is maintained. Same with the Wallabies - the only reason the ARU runs Australian Rugby is because they hold the purse strings, and the Wallabies is the purse. Watch them and cheer for them by all means; it is meaningless unless you are paying for Foxtel or have one of the mythical ratings boxes in your household. But if you attend a match, pay for a ticket or otherwise contribute to the coffers, it is unavoidably a vote in favour of the ARU and their current path.

The Melbourne Rebels fans. The former owners and board of the Melbourne Rebels have a lot to answer for. The Melbourne Rebels fans do not...
    Agreed. The reality is that they are as irrelevant to the Force as Stormers or Saracens fans. Ignore them.

Cameron Clyne and the Board of Rugby Australia made a decision that removed the Western Force from the Super Rugby Competition...Not every decision they make is a secret plot to make RugbyWA fall into the abyss. Not everything is a conspiracy theory.
    Agreed. But equally they straight up scammed WA out of their license. I struggle to see how it is possible to ignore that and ever work with them again as an organisation, even more so any of the individuals who were involved in it. They are inherently people who can do that, that is now proven. They aren't suddenly going to become someone else.

The new CEO does not have the power to sack the board of Rugby Australia, who appointed her. The ASIC Investigation will not put Cameron Clyne behind bars. Nor will the ASIC Investigation re-instate the Western Force into the Super Rugby Competition. Not purchasing Rugby Merchandise will not put Rugby Australia in to Administration. Mr Forrest’s money will not solve every problem that we come across.
    Yep, but see above. Not purchasing merchandise may not put them in administration, but giving them money most definitely won't (or even change their quirky little habits).

This year sees the return of our team and its time to celebrate that. But, along with the celebration we need to change our attitude and change how we appear to outsiders. No more blaming everyone else, and no more oh woe is me. We are losing supporters.
    Agreed. To my mind the best mindset is that all of them are irrelevant. Unfortunately, worrying about them and trying to keep them involved has placed our future at their mercy. So good luck - unfortunately, we are stuck with them and now in serious risk of instead being doomed to become pathological pleasers.

Goals - The Re-instatement of Mr Geoff Stooke to the board of Rugby Australia. More than anything else we must have a representation on the board.
    My point exactly. It reeks of "Pleeaasse let us join your gang again". And when they next ask him to pop out and get some coffees while they take a quick vote on something none of his business...?

I agree with much of what you say, but the future has to be skeptical watchfulness and inherent mistrust. Say little and listen lots by all means, but equally believe less and always consider the source. The ideal for mine would be to never have anything more to do with RA, but if we have to put the wet undies back on I hope no-one ever forgets what happened and how because it is extremely likely that something similar would come around again. None of the underlying motivations, reasoning or even people have changed, and if representation comprises nothing but happy little optimists who never say or think a bad word about anyone, we'll be on Western Force 3.0 before you can blink.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by AndyS; 18-02-18 at 21:31.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Don't mistake TWF for the sea of blue. There are many here who count themselves among it, many that don't, and many, many more that aren't here at all. I think RugbyWA, or the commercial arm if it, are the only body that could take on the roles and responsibilities you propose. Have you been in contact with them?

Of course this place can always be one of the conduits used to disseminate info etc., but probably shouldn't be the only one? Not that I am settings any rules or anything - mob rule in these parts... within reason
    Agreed Darren. I shudder to think where the game would have gone had Rugby WA remained in Voluntary Administration.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post

I learnt long ago never to talk on behalf of TWF and it was pointed out to me last year that I am not a part of the Sea of Blue.

I am the Outsider.

Forgive me Coach. I am just trying to pass on my ideas to those who might listen.

I do not claim to have the answers. I believe that the current message coming out of the West is misdirected and misguided.

Everyone has a right to be angry. But Anger only gets you so far, and Anger gets in the way of clear thinking.

I am out of anger and I want to move forward.

I used to think of the TWF members as friends and family. Im tired of being alone.

If I am wrong, out of line and or out of touch. Say so, I will leave you all alone.

I cant fight anymore.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Exile there is some fight left as frustrating at it is to wait for news to come through. If the news out of SA is true that Twiggy has lured Kankowski and Jaque Fourie to play in the IPRC (we will see if it ends up being the Force) as I would imagine that is the start which will further back the RA in to a corner.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I did not intend to have a go at you ex.

You're not the outsider, many here do not meet in person due to the tyranny of distance or isolation,or simply can't or do not want to.

The only person that knows if you are a member of the sea of blue or not is yourself.

As I said, you are free to use twf as a conduit to get message 'out there'. I was suggesting if you are keen to do so, you will need to look beyond these web pages

I learnt long ago never to talk on behalf of TWF and it was pointed out to me last year that I am not a part of the Sea of Blue.

I am the Outsider.

Forgive me Coach. I am just trying to pass on my ideas to those who might listen.

I do not claim to have the answers. I believe that the current message coming out of the West is misdirected and misguided.

Everyone has a right to be angry. But Anger only gets you so far, and Anger gets in the way of clear thinking.

I used to think of the TWF members as friends and family. Im tired of being alone.

If I am wrong, out of line and or out of touch. Say so, I will leave you all alone.

I cant fight anymore.

Legend Contributor
    vCash

I am the Outsider.

I cant fight anymore.
    Surprised someone said you're not part of the SoB. I would have said that is out of order - if anything for mine, it is a bigger thing to be a supporter from afar than merely as an accident of location!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast