Thread: NESTOR TO TAKE WALLAROOS’ REINS

Senior Player
    vCash

NESTOR TO TAKE WALLAROOS’ REINS

NESTOR TO TAKE WALLAROOS’ REINS
    West Australian Dwayne Nestor has today been confirmed as the new head coach of the Buildcorp Wallaroos.

The Wallaroos former assistant coach will take the reins effective immediately as the side gears towards the 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup.

The experienced coach was brought in as an attack coach for the Wallaroos’ 2017 Women’s Rugby World Cup campaign following his successful stint with Perth Spirit.

Nestor led the Spirit to the 2016 National Rugby Championship (NRC) title after previously serving as an assistant coach in 2015.

A product of Western Australia’s rugby pathway, Nestor has coached in Perth for over a decade, including stints at Cottesloe in Perth’s Pindan Premier Grade club competition as well as the WA U16s and Junior Gold Cup sides.

Nestor also worked at the Western Force as a kicking coach from 2014 to 2016.

Joining Nestor’s coaching staff as an assistant will be Moana Virtue who has coached extensively with Sunnybank in Brisbane as well as the Queensland Women’s side and Griffith University in the Aon University Sevens last year.

Wallaroos Head Coach, Dwayne Nestor said: “I’m really looking forward to taking on this role in what is a really exciting time for Women’s Rugby in Australia.

“I want to build a strong program that will enable us to reach the High-Performance desires we have for this team, not only this year but heading into the World Cup.

“The Wallaroos showed at last year’s World Cup that when given time and opportunity we can beat anyone on our day. Our challenge is to take that momentum and build systems that will make us a strong outfit heading into the next World Cup in 2021.

“It all starts with the upcoming Super W season and I know there are going to be plenty of players putting their hands up for higher honours. This competition is really going to break open Women’s XVs in this country and I can’t wait to see it get underway.”

Rugby Australia General Manager, High Performance, Ben Whitaker said: “Dwayne was a standout candidate to take over this role and we’re very excited to see him continue with the Wallaroos program after his efforts with the team throughout the Women’s Rugby World Cup last year.

“Dwayne has a great Rugby brain and I know he will put his stamp on the team moving forward.

“Dwayne will be picking up from former head coach Paul Verrell who has left a great legacy for Women’s Rugby, after doing an outstanding job with the team throughout his tenure.”

Having already established a strong rapport with the Wallaroos squad at the 2017 Women’s Rugby World Cup, Nestor will ease into the role that was vacated after the retirement of Paul Verrell last year.
    https://www.rugbywa.asn.au/news/nest...llaroos-reins/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Prepare for the explosion

C'mon the

vCash
    What were people's issues with him again? Either way it's gotta be a good thing having a WA coach in charge of the Wallaroos, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    What were people's issues with him again? Either way it's gotta be a good thing having a WA coach in charge of the Wallaroos, right?
    I can only speak about what was posted on this site, but it was generally that he has favourites who were selected at the exclusion of more capable players.

If that's his MO, I'd suggest he's a shoo-in for the next Wallabies coaching gig!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No Tom?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Damn you travelling_gerry! Getting in with that joke before I could!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Tom's getting old.

He's now a Silver Fearn.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    opun the door Fulvio

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I wasn't game to add the "boom tish".

Champion
    vCash
    Has anyone told Whodunnit and Whatsdoing and wasn't there also a Whatsup.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.