Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force NRC Squad 2018 - The List

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Hi JSJ!

Do you still believe in the Easter Bunny?

He's going to bring a whole lot of Mindarooneys to your club this year.
    I think Twiggy and his team are very generous Easter Bunnies for rugby in WA. They are delivering the chocolates, that were not going to be coming our way before Twiggy stepped in. I am prepared to wait and see how things develop.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe Fulv would feel more comfortable if some kind of alliance agreement was formed between Palmyra and Minderoo.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    You mean to replace the existing ones?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Discuss here http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=39676

Please leave this thread for the list signings and not discussions, there is whole thread here to discuss
    Can you children go and play somewhere else please

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Hi JSJ!

Do you still believe in the Easter Bunny?

He's going to bring a whole lot of Mindarooneys to your club this year.
    What an absolute beat-up about something which hasn't even happened yet!.

If it wasn't for Minderoo we wouldn't have any professional rugby players to be bitching about!!
    We'd also have no RugbyWA and the game in WA would be really struggling instead of recovering from the mis-handling by experts - and they're not all in the East!

We'd also have no development pathway for our club players to make it to the big time without playing in an amateur only NRC team and then moving East.

I disagree with Hansie as I don't think that the professional players are OWNED by Minderoo - they are EMPLOYED by Minderoo.

The situation as it was explained to me is:
    1. Under the Minderoo contract each player is expected to have links with a local team (no compulsion to play - that's up to the player and his fitness - but the are expected to maintain match fitness).
    2. The players are entitled to join any local team with which they may already have an allegiance.
    3. If they don't choose a local team then one will be allocated to them.
    4. This club involvement is in addition to the 350 hours of community involvement for which they are contracted to provide.

I suggest that each local club make the best of this opportunity.

I enjoy watching the local rugby but generally pick what I think will be the game of the round (and not always between the top teams) or where I can watch the most number of fringe WF squad players actually playing.

I've enjoyed the hospitality of most of the clubs in Perth and I've been to all of them many times.

I can also understand why many of the Sea of Blue have little desire to get involved in any particular club.

Last edited by andrewg; 17-03-18 at 14:56.

Apprentice
    vCash

350 hours

Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    What an absolute beat-up about something which hasn't even happened yet!.

If it wasn't for Minderoo we wouldn't have any professional rugby players to be bitching about!!
    We'd also have no RugbyWA and the game in WA would be really struggling instead of recovering from the mis-handling by experts - and they're not all in the East!

We'd also have no development pathway for our club players to make it to the big time without playing in an amateur only NRC team and then moving East.

I disagree with Hansie as I don't think that the professional players are OWNED by Minderoo - they are EMPLOYED by Minderoo.

The situation as it was explained to me is:
    1. Under the Minderoo contract each player is expected to have links (no compulsion to play - that's up to the player and his fitness) with a local team.
    2. The players are entitled to join any local team with which they may already have an allegiance.
    3. If they don't choose a local team then one will be allocated to them.
    4. This club involvement is in addition to the 350 hours of community involvement for which they are contracted to provide.

I suggest that each local club make the best of this opportunity.

I enjoy watching the local rugby but generally pick what I think will be the game of the round (and not always between the top teams) or where I can watch the most number of fringe WF squad players actually playing.

I've enjoyed the hospitality of most of the clubs in Perth and I've been to all of them many times.

I can also understand why many of the Sea of Blue have little desire to get involved in any particular club.
    what i find interesting is your point 4 , this year the senior local rugby finishes in august and the juniors always goes till about end of september which is only about 26 weeks away , divide 26 into 350 hours and at the moment they will be doing 13.50 hours each week at community rugby land , so they better get there act together because we have not seen any player at the local club , and we are only 2 weeks away from the start of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The manager View Post
    what i find interesting is your point 4 , this year the senior local rugby finishes in august and the juniors always goes till about end of september which is only about 26 weeks away , divide 26 into 350 hours and at the moment they will be doing 13.50 hours each week at community rugby land , so they better get there act together because we have not seen any player at the local club , and we are only 2 weeks away from the start of the season.
    Don't forget that they will be on the ground in schools pushing Rugby Roos and heaven forbid Game On.

There is also Rugby Tots which is a private organisation that has indoor Rugby for kids who are too young to play under 6s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The manager View Post
    There were a big number of WF2018 players at the WFW game at Cottesloe last Sunday.
    They were all there at about 2:30 and stayed until about 5:30 so that means at least 3 hrs each to me.
    It was fantastic to have a chance to meet up with the players from last year and meet the new ones.

This type of community involvement brings nothing but good.

For goodness sake - some of the squad haven't even joined up yet and most haven't been on board for a month so I can't see anybody being held to account for 350 hours in 2018.

The 350 hrs will include RugbyRoos involvement etc etc as well as the charity and community work involvement that many of the players already have.

I assume the 350 hrs was Minderoo's response to feedback from many about past problems with the lack of community involvement.
    I reckon the expectation set by Minderoo is encouraging and not something that I intend to beat them up about.

Last edited by andrewg; 17-03-18 at 14:56.

vCash
    Updated with local clubs allocations

vCash
    According to the InnFORCEr, Kalamunda get one Mindaroonie this year.

Kalahard must be very pleased, and he has every right to be, as a vocal supporter of the allocation process.

I too am coming around to his way of thinking.

Very unselfish approach on Kalahard's part.

Rugby is the winner.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    there are still more signings to come,so it maybe it is best to wait for all spots are filled before commenting on which clubs are being diddled

vCash
    Don't worry Gunny, it won't be yours.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm all right Jack

Champion
    vCash
    Be nice to see if Fulvio has even one teeny weeny good thing to say about the Allocation process? Never ever come across a 100% negative comment from anyone before. I guess the fact there is no further prosecuting from him about the process of giving the list to Presidents first, may be a backhanded teeny weeny compliment?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Updated with local clubs allocations
    According to the InnFORCEr, Kalamunda get one Mindaroonie this year.

Kalahard must be very pleased, and he has every right to be, as a vocal supporter of the allocation process.

I too am coming around to his way of thinking.

Very unselfish approach on Kalahard's part.

Rugby is the winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    there are still more signings to come,so it maybe it is best to wait for all spots are filled before commenting on which clubs are being diddled
    Yes to be clear there are still the following to be filled

Perth Bayswater x 1
    Coastal Cavillers x 2
    Kalamunda x 1

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast