Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Western Force NRC Squad 2018

vCash
    The fact that we're still arguing the specifics of who said what over the name would indicate that there's nothing to be said about the squad.

I personally hope Clay Uyen makes it in. Dunno whether Ryan Louwrens and Brynard Stander are still around but they would be good too.

Would also be keen to see some genuine WA talent fly back over the Nullarbor for it, Haylett-Petty would be a good name (either or both)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The fact that we're still arguing the specifics of who said what over the name would indicate that there's nothing to be said about the squad.

I personally hope Clay Uyen makes it in. Dunno whether Ryan Louwrens and Brynard Stander are still around but they would be good too.

Would also be keen to see some genuine WA talent fly back over the Nullarbor for it, Haylett-Petty would be a good name (either or both)
    Surely both H-Ps will be drafted in to the Melbum Rising squad of 55, won’t they?!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I reckon the professional game in WA should be run by a professional outfit/business - but done in close collaboration with RugbyWA.
    This would be especially the case for the NRC - which brings the professional and amateur game together.
    Similarly the naming of the NRC team should be a collaborative effort - including the fans (but we can't expect to dictate - just influence).

We only have the prospect of watching a professional team due to the intervention of Minderoo (aka Andrew Forrest).
    (That's also true for RugbyWA and the Future Force program)
    I'm happy to leave the naming rights of the team in the professional competition (hopefully the IPRC) to Minderoo as they have to be aware of the requirements and cultures of the other teams/countries involved.

However, in this interim year I'm expecting the professional team to play under the Western Force banner.

There's been a few hints flying around that RA didn't "give back" the Western Force IP to WA - just a peppercorn lease on an annual basis.
    That seems credible to me as it fits into the RA's desire to CONTROL even if they aren't CONTRIBUTING or maintaining any sort of pathway for professional players in WA. But it would be good to have it confirmed by anybody in the know.

If this is the case then I can't imagine that Minderoo wants to put effort into a brand if the brand could be lost at the whim or fancy of RA.

Will be interesting to see what unfolds but I don't need to have any involvement in the naming of teams.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Ive said before how good it would be if NRC had a bit of State of Origin about it. Players who are playing professionally coming back home to team up with the up and comers. Obviously there would have to be allowances and what not but hey they keep talking about tribalism what better way to unite fans. Players remaining with the same team throughout their careers.

But included in the squad

Pek
    What happened to Michael Hardwick?
    Kane Koteka
    Scoble
    Onehunga Havili

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Its on the IP Australia website. There is also "Aussie Force" there as well. Pretty sure I posted this at some point previously...
    Perth Spirit and Western Force are listed as owned by the ARU

Mineroo have registered the names Perth Force and RugbyWA recently

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Perth Spirit and Western Force are listed as owned by the ARU

Mineroo have registered the names Perth Force and RugbyWA recently
    Sorry, I meant RugbyRoos, not RugbyWA

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I reckon the professional game in WA should be run by a professional outfit/business - but done in close collaboration with RugbyWA.
    This would be especially the case for the NRC - which brings the professional and amateur game together.
    Similarly the naming of the NRC team should be a collaborative effort - including the fans (but we can't expect to dictate - just influence).

We only have the prospect of watching a professional team due to the intervention of Minderoo (aka Andrew Forrest).
    (That's also true for RugbyWA and the Future Force program)
    I'm happy to leave the naming rights of the team in the professional competition (hopefully the IPRC) to Minderoo as they have to be aware of the requirements and cultures of the other teams/countries involved.

However, in this interim year I'm expecting the professional team to play under the Western Force banner.

There's been a few hints flying around that RA didn't "give back" the Western Force IP to WA - just a peppercorn lease on an annual basis.
    That seems credible to me as it fits into the RA's desire to CONTROL even if they aren't CONTRIBUTING or maintaining any sort of pathway for professional players in WA. But it would be good to have it confirmed by anybody in the know.

If this is the case then I can't imagine that Minderoo wants to put effort into a brand if the brand could be lost at the whim or fancy of RA.

Will be interesting to see what unfolds but I don't need to have any involvement in the naming of teams.
    Community-building at the heart of Minderoo's new grassroots RugbyRoos initiative
    Media Release - Wednesday 7 February 2018

Community-building at the heart of Minderoo’s new grassroots RugbyRoos initiative

The heart of rugby in Western Australia – the community – will be strengthened by a new junior development initiative RugbyRoos, announced today by Minderoo with the help of RugbyWA.

As part of a long-term vision to make rugby a major community-builder in Western Australia, Andrew Forrest AO said all future elite rugby union players contracted to play in the state would need to commit to devoting 350 hours of their personal time to community programs like RugbyRoos each year.

“West Australians have well and truly demonstrated their passion for rugby – we want to put the community first and bring them with us as we grow,” Mr Forrest said.

“The loyal, spirited fans in this state are the lifeblood of the sport. For rugby to continue to thrive in Western Australia, a grassroots-up approach to the game is needed, starting with our youngest stars – our kids.

“As evidence of our grassroots focus, any future elite player in Western Australia will be contracted to do 350 hours in the community every year, including through RugbyRoos.

“RugbyRoos will be rolled out across Australia, beginning here in WA, to develop the future leaders of our great game.”

The RugbyRoos program will foster future rugby talent by providing a fun environment for boys and girls aged 4 to 12 to learn core skills they will use for life – from kicking, throwing and catching to balance, team work and following instructions.

The initiative has a firm focus on inclusivity and will offer courses that tailor to different age groups and skill levels.

The program will be rolled out with the help of RugbyWA development officers to assist in linking RugbyRoos participants with local rugby clubs.

The RugbyRoos program will complement Rugby Australia’s Get into Rugby course, which is held at schools and is a non-contact rugby format. The RugbyRoos program will be held at clubs and provide kids with a stepping-stone from school rugby to club teams by learning the respect and discipline necessary for safe tackling. School holiday courses will also be available.

The announcement builds on Minderoo’s previous commitment to provide funding for grassroots, women’s and development rugby, including the unique Future Force Foundation, which will be resurrected to help convert amateur athletes to professional players and be open to women for the first time.

The RugbyRoos program starts now. RugbyRoos participants will receive a pack with a ball, jersey, water bottle and backpack on registration. Sign up for more information at www.rugbyroos.com . ENDS.

Media contact:

Tess Ingram +61 448 922 364 tingram@minderoo.com.au

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    For the Western Force NRC 2018 Squad List please see this thread http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=3...054#post451054

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    So who will the Rugbyroo nippers be playing for and against?

Is there going to be an allocation process?

Is it true that all junior clubs (except for a select few) will have to disband immediately?

Will the discarded clubs contribute, via RugbyWA, towards the freebies?

Will Hodgeson's kid be captain?

How does Nedlands/Woodhams feel about this incursion into their territory?

Why doesn't Hansie step in to protect his club?

Will the nippers be required to sign lifetime contracts to play for Cottesloe?

Will WAJRU have to disband immediately, or will there be a transition period?

These are important questions the answers to which should be made public NOW!

vCash
    Dunno.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No
    Dunno.
    Dunno.
    No.
    No.

Howzat?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I believe RWA is having an information evening for community rugby folk on 13 Feb, Fulvio. Hopefully you should get answers to your questions there. If you can’t get there I will see what I can find out for you.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I'm losing my touch ...

vCash
    Who’s idea was it to have a information night the same night as a training night?

vCash
    I find it ironic that an organisation that was in administration a few weeks ago is arranging a meeting where it purports to teach other organisations with money in their pockets how to raise money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I'm losing my touch ...
    I got it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast