Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: IPRC TEAM & COACH

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    David Campese was much the same when I saw him play against the State side,many years ago

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Basha69 View Post
    QUOTE=andrewg;451622]I don't agree.

"I don't know Quade Cooper but I remember the feedback from the Perth Spirit players after they played Brisbane in Perth last year.
    I still remember our players' shock and disappointment.

They had rarely experienced a more foul-mouthed player who brought a very toxic environment to the clash.

Neither we nor any of the other IPRC teams need that type of contribution."
    Quade is great with fans and would most definitely engage with club and junior rugby in WA. I've met him over here a few time's and he ALWAYS has time for the kids.
    I've also met quite a few foul mouthed rugby players on the pitch in my time, i don't like it but what happens on the field should stay on the field imho.[/QUOTE]

Quade also has had toxic fall outs in the past with the Wallaby coach (Deans), Toulon owner or somebody, and now presumably with Brad Thorn at the Reds. None of them wanted him in their sides. So I think we should give him a miss as well.

Senior Player
    vCash
    From whispers i've heard within the whole sporting industry his manager is not an easy person to deal with. I heard he had a fairly large deal with a shoe company and promotions and so on in Japan but his manager pushed it too far and the fairly large shoe company wiped him and put his manager in the too hard basket. Much like brand O'Connor when he was here negotiating for a whopper deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    No Nick Taylor has written this: "RC management will have further talks with Rugby Australia on Tuesday about the governing body giving the tick of approval for the new competition. The controversial Wallabies qualification through IPRC will be on the agenda."
    Because, like him I guess, I've been told that the meeting is here in Perth. I may be wrong but if not: Welcome party anyone?
    My apologies, they're not having a meeting - turns out they're having a meeting instead.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Chris Alcock coming back (according to Wayne smith in the Oz tonight)

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Lots of names. Wonder if the intent is to contract them and then spread them around, or whether this would just be the Force. If the latter, would be nice to think they'd have someone to play; not hearing about anyone else puling a team together...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    Chris Alcock coming back (according to Wayne smith in the Oz tonight)

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...03d6c819f53614

Well-travelled Chris Alcock has signed a two-year deal with *Andrew Forrest and the Western Force, and the Indo Pacific Rugby Championship appears to have lured its highest-profile player yet with Springboks centre Jaque Fourie poised to join.

Fourie, one of the mainstays of South Africa’s World Cup-winning side in 2007, had announced his retirement but, at 34, is understood to have been lured back into the game by the prospect of playing in Forrest’s IPRC. It is believed he is waiting for the appropriate paperwork *before confirming.

There are also reports from South Africa that former Springbok No 8 Ryan Kankowski is weighing up an IPRC offer.

But 29-year-old Alcock is a definite recruit and will arrive back in Perth next month from Kamaishi Seawaves, the Japanese club he joined after playing for the Brumbies in 2017. Alcock played 25 Super Rugby games for the Waratahs and 30 for the Force but saved his best rugby for the Brumbies last year.

With David Pocock away, *Alcock was able to command the No 7 jersey for virtually the entire season and emerged as one of the Brumbies’ best players. Had the Brumbies known that Pocock would require surgery on his return and would miss several early matches, it is unlikely the Canberra club would have allowed Alcock to leave for Japan without putting up a fight for him.

Piece by piece, Forrest’s Minderoo team is assembling the spine of a formidable Force outfit.

Prop Kieran Longbottom has confirmed he is returning to Perth and will join Marcel Brache and Peter Grant in a Force squad that will play a number of matches this year in prepration for the Force’s participation in this year’s National Rugby Championhip.

Alcock said: “I’m really excited to be coming back to WA and playing in front of the Sea of Blue.

“When I was last at the Force (2016), I felt the community really got behind us, so it’s a great opportunity to show how much that meant to me to come back and help rugby in the West continue to grow.”

The IPRC competition is set to kick off next February but it still has not been given a formal sign-off by Rugby Australia. Later today, RA’s deputy-chairman Brett Robinson and *RA general manager of professional rugby Anthony French will meet in Perth with the Minderoo team.

Even though Robinson recently guaranteed Forrest that players contracted to the Western Force would be eligible for Wallabies selection, it is understood this still does not go far enough.

Forrest hopes eligibility will be spread to all Australians based in all six IPRC clubs. But it is hardly likely RA will bow to this demand.

The Queensland Reds have suffered a blow with the loss of winger Izaia Perese for six weeks with a partially torn ACL.

The 20-year-old flyer, taken on the Wallabies spring tour for the past two years, has been in scintillating form for Queensland in the pre-season and the injury, sustained in Thursday’s trial against Fiji, could not have come at a worse time. The Reds begin their season against the Melbourne Rebels at AAMI Park on Friday.

The Rebels are coming back to full strength. Only Wallabies winger Marika Koroibete (knee) and centre Billy Meakes (ankle) are unavailable for the season-opener.

Wallabies Test halfback Will Genia has been cleared to play against the Reds after recovering from a hairline fracture of the spine and will partner Jack *Debreczeni in the halves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...03d6c819f53614

Well-travelled Chris Alcock has signed a two-year deal with *Andrew Forrest and the Western Force, and the Indo Pacific Rugby Championship appears to have lured its highest-profile player yet with Springboks centre Jaque Fourie poised to join.

Fourie, one of the mainstays of South Africa’s World Cup-winning side in 2007, had announced his retirement but, at 34, is understood to have been lured back into the game by the prospect of playing in Forrest’s IPRC. It is believed he is waiting for the appropriate paperwork *before confirming.

There are also reports from South Africa that former Springbok No 8 Ryan Kankowski is weighing up an IPRC offer.

But 29-year-old Alcock is a definite recruit and will arrive back in Perth next month from Kamaishi Seawaves, the Japanese club he joined after playing for the Brumbies in 2017. Alcock played 25 Super Rugby games for the Waratahs and 30 for the Force but saved his best rugby for the Brumbies last year.

With David Pocock away, *Alcock was able to command the No 7 jersey for virtually the entire season and emerged as one of the Brumbies’ best players. Had the Brumbies known that Pocock would require surgery on his return and would miss several early matches, it is unlikely the Canberra club would have allowed Alcock to leave for Japan without putting up a fight for him.

Piece by piece, Forrest’s Minderoo team is assembling the spine of a formidable Force outfit.

Prop Kieran Longbottom has confirmed he is returning to Perth and will join Marcel Brache and Peter Grant in a Force squad that will play a number of matches this year in prepration for the Force’s participation in this year’s National Rugby Championhip.

Alcock said: “I’m really excited to be coming back to WA and playing in front of the Sea of Blue.

“When I was last at the Force (2016), I felt the community really got behind us, so it’s a great opportunity to show how much that meant to me to come back and help rugby in the West continue to grow.”

The IPRC competition is set to kick off next February but it still has not been given a formal sign-off by Rugby Australia. Later today, RA’s deputy-chairman Brett Robinson and *RA general manager of professional rugby Anthony French will meet in Perth with the Minderoo team.

Even though Robinson recently guaranteed Forrest that players contracted to the Western Force would be eligible for Wallabies selection, it is understood this still does not go far enough.

Forrest hopes eligibility will be spread to all Australians based in all six IPRC clubs. But it is hardly likely RA will bow to this demand.

The Queensland Reds have suffered a blow with the loss of winger Izaia Perese for six weeks with a partially torn ACL.

The 20-year-old flyer, taken on the Wallabies spring tour for the past two years, has been in scintillating form for Queensland in the pre-season and the injury, sustained in Thursday’s trial against Fiji, could not have come at a worse time. The Reds begin their season against the Melbourne Rebels at AAMI Park on Friday.

The Rebels are coming back to full strength. Only Wallabies winger Marika Koroibete (knee) and centre Billy Meakes (ankle) are unavailable for the season-opener.

Wallabies Test halfback Will Genia has been cleared to play against the Reds after recovering from a hairline fracture of the spine and will partner Jack *Debreczeni in the halves.
    I wouldn't trust that incompetent and lying prick Anthony French as far as you could throw him.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    It's really coming together. Any goss on coaches? They must be close to sorting that?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well done to Andrew and Hodgo and the minderoo team. It is great to see old force players returning especially Kieran and Chris.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    It's really coming together. Any goss on coaches? They must be close to sorting that?
    You would have to think the deal is pretty much done, who goes on a spending spree for players without at least informing the coach?

C'mon the

vCash
    Piece by piece its all coming together and is so bloody brilliant to jump on here and read some good news regarding the force. It really feels like we are rebuilding and can start to put a bandaid on the hurt & pain from the past year or so and let the healing process start. Thanks heaps to Hodgo, Twiggy and the Minderoo team its so nice to know that my little boy might still be able to go to a force games and watch his heroes. Top job team!!

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    #FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/tr...?q=perth+force

"08 Feb 2018 Accepted Applications for Registration of Trade Mark"

edit: Just noticed this (submitted last month): "RUGBYROOS"
    Just been looking at the Aldi catalogue and noticed they are advertising something called MiniRoos which is apparently soccer for 4 to 11 y.o. shame the name is so similar to Twiggys Rugby Roos for a moment I tjought Aldi were on board!

vCash
    You would have to think the deal is pretty much done, who goes on a spending spree for players without at least informing the coach?
    Did Kevin Foote end up going to Melbourne as rumoured?

Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    Just been looking at the Aldi catalogue and noticed they are advertising something called MiniRoos which is apparently soccer for 4 to 11 y.o. shame the name is so similar to Twiggys Rugby Roos for a moment I tjought Aldi were on board!
    I am pretty sure Twiggy was planning on calling it RugbyRats.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Did Kevin Foote end up going to Melbourne as rumoured?
    I haven't heard anything, but wasn't Blood's deal that he take all of his assistants?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    I am pretty sure Twiggy was planning on calling it RugbyRats.
    Thats a shithot name!

C'mon the

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast