Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rebels Membership - WTF

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Rebels Membership - WTF

Just caught up with my cousin yesterday who was poached to go and work in IT over in Melbourne last year. He was a Force Member way back but grew sick of Subi Oval, but still, he likes to watch a few games.

He reluctantly told me he had just purchased two Rebels Memberships so he can watch some rugby while in Melbourne, obviously my response was "why the f*^k would you do such a thing". His response "well for $88 I can go to all 8 matches, so I bought two and I can take somebody with me"

I don't understand how they can make any money selling memberships at $88. Must be all that extra cash their number one sponsor (read RugbyAu) has contributed!

Be prepared to hear about how many members the Rebels have signed up this year, but I bet you will never know how many of them are $88 members.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    The Brumbies general admission membership is $125.

$88 is $11 a match that's much cheaper than a ticket to the Brumbies v Rebels trial in Queanbeyan.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    My (gold) membership for 2016 was $480 for 7 home games, so ~$70 a game. $88 for 8 homes games would be a bargain for the NRC.

Wanna bet the crowd figures for Rebels games this year will include all members as standard, plus any tickets bought for the individual games?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Shocked, but not in the least bit surprised. Do they have to pay for the use of AMMI or is that part of the Vic taxpayers' very generous contribution? We know the ARU picks up the tab for the players' and coaches' salary, travel and accommodation costs etc so I guess all that's left for the MRRU to cover is the cost of the admin staff.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    They do have to pay to use the stadium
    And the consultants - obviously

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Shocked, but not in the least bit surprised. Do they have to pay for the use of AMMI or is that part of the Vic taxpayers' very generous contribution? We know the ARU picks up the tab for the players' and coaches' salary, travel and accommodation costs etc so I guess all that's left for the MRRU to cover is the cost of the admin staff.
    It is worth going over their available books again and the financials that Rugby WA supplied. I bet you that the Force and Brumbies wouldn't have spent much in comparison.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    https://melbournerebels.com/2017/10/...ship-for-2018/

A Rebel Army season membership will provide entry to all eight homes games for as little as $35 for a child, $88 for an adult and $216 for a family, which includes two adults and two children.

Single game entry level general admission tickets, to go on sale next month, will be available for $6 for a child, $15 for an adult and $37 for a family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    https://melbournerebels.com/2017/10/...ship-for-2018/

A Rebel Army season membership will provide entry to all eight homes games for as little as $35 for a child, $88 for an adult and $216 for a family, which includes two adults and two children.

Single game entry level general admission tickets, to go on sale next month, will be available for $6 for a child, $15 for an adult and $37 for a family.
    What an absolute F###n joke!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Just caught up with my cousin yesterday who was poached to go and work in IT over in Melbourne last year. He was a Force Member way back but grew sick of Subi Oval, but still, he likes to watch a few games.

He reluctantly told me he had just purchased two Rebels Memberships so he can watch some rugby while in Melbourne, obviously my response was "why the f*^k would you do such a thing". His response "well for $88 I can go to all 8 matches, so I bought two and I can take somebody with me"

I don't understand how they can make any money selling memberships at $88. Must be all that extra cash their number one sponsor (read RugbyAu) has contributed!

Be prepared to hear about how many members the Rebels have signed up this year, but I bet you will never know how many of them are $88 members.

What was the general admission price for the Force? It looks to me that the Rebels second tier membership (Platinum) is pretty much the same as our second tier (Gold) just the names and seat positions vary - there is bound to be some variation in price.

On the other hand I might have misread the Rebels pricing, I have a flair for misunderstanding. 😋

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

vCash

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "Melbourne Storm, who have carved out their own niche by forging a winning culture under Craig Bellamy that has helped them build a modest but loyal fanbase."

says it all, even a winning team can't build a large fanbase from a large population in the AFLcentric state.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    "Melbourne Storm, who have carved out their own niche by forging a winning culture under Craig Bellamy that has helped them build a modest but loyal fanbase."

says it all, even a winning team can't build a large fanbase from a large population in the AFLcentric state.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post

Over here in WAFL, Subiaco bussed in 150 people and gave them free entry into the stands to watch a TV game they had on. I imagine the Rabble will steal that approach too.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Dave would have said every word of that through gritted teeth. That’s if he said it at all.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    That really DOES NOT sound like Wessels at all - reads more like a hashed together writeup for the benefit of the Rabbles popularity campaign which really looks more amateurish than anything.

vCash
    "The Melbourne Rebels can realise their massive Super Rugby potential and fill the empty stands at AAMI Park if they’re prepared to work hard enough, coach David Wessels says."

With those subsidised memberships/ticket prices you would hope so. If not it definitely proves how retarded the RA are and how much the general population of Melbourne are not interested. Typical elitist bullshit of entitlement "coz we're the sporting capital", lines perfect with RA thinking their special mentality.

I do apologise to true Victorian rugby fans whose administration has tarnished yourself and the sport in general

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast