Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Pressure on ASIC to investigate Rugby Australia’s Melbourne Rebels dealings

Champion
    vCash
    More fool you if you believe any of the contributors on the Roar. A cesspit of misdirection that "opinion" site.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    More fool you if you believe any of the contributors on the Roar. A cesspit of misdirection that "opinion" site.
    I’m sorry, I have to disagree with you. It’s not that good.

vCash
    Funny how how quiet TWASFACE has been since Nick Taylo’s article-no comeback against the evidence? He & his mates at the Roar/ ARU must be scrabbling for arguments. Chuckle chuckle

vCash
    Great article from Alan Jones.
    Questioned the RA Board Selection Process
    Questioned the RA Dealings with the MRRU
    Questioned the RA Culling of the Force
    Questioned their ongoing actioned in relation to Israel Falou

All in one very clear article.......definitely keeping the 'candle in the wind' burning and the ASIC pressure on. WELL DONE JONESY.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Funny how how quiet TWASFACE has been since Nick Taylo’s article-no comeback against the evidence? He & his mates at the Roar/ ARU must be scrabbling for arguments. Chuckle chuckle
    He's probably too busy now he's on the committee of the Melbourne University Rugby Football Club. And possibly still harbours dreams of being selected for the Rising.

vCash
    That really was a well written article. The way it spells the conspiracy out in laymans terms, excellent read.

All of a sudden it is starting to feel like the rest of Australia is slowly but surely turning on the RA and seeing it for who they truely are. Obviously most states werent of the receiving end of that horrendously deceitful shambles of a process to eradicate the Force, but now we dont exist due to this boards corrupt behaviour dishing out millions to their kiwi mate Cox and propping up his insolvent businesses, and propping up the VRU members unit trusts, we all now move on to a situation where the Rebels are still get unfathomable amounts of special treatment despite a completly disinterested fan base. What was it 5500 last game. The single lowest crowd I have ever seen in a super rugby game. Regardless of the excuses a city bigger than the whole of New Zealand couldnt get more than 5500 to a rugby match featuring their whole city sitting near the top of the ladder. Disgraceful. Perth pumped out double that on average with a significantly tinier and more spreadout population. The excuses are just wearing thin. All the fans are waking up to this. EAST COAST/WEST COAST we are all fed up. We want to see the board dismantled. A new system put in place. And a fair and balanced financial spread of funding and erradication of the wallaby top up exemptions which will help to demonopilise some states firm grip over the player pool.

All I can say is keep up the good fight Alan Jones, you are winning. Also Nick Taylor has lead this whole thing from the front and deseves applaud for his magnificent coverage of this conspiracy and incompetence. And finally Wayne Smith who was putting the boot in early on. Where is he now?

Last edited by SPaRTAN; 20-04-18 at 09:02.

vCash
    Agree, excellent summary, my only concerns are:

1. It's paywalled for the majority

2. It was tacked on to the end of yet another article on Izzy so many would've zoned out before they got to it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Just in the coffee shop and notices on the front page of the Australian a story about RA sending letters to their sponsors re the Folau thing telling them to not say anything and ride out the media attention. Didn't sound like they were to happy about it!! Seriously they do themselves no favours that lot over East do they..

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Agree, excellent summary, my only concerns are:

1. It's paywalled for the majority

2. It was tacked on to the end of yet another article on Izzy so many would've zoned out before they got to it.
    Jones shared it on Facebook, the article is free to read here - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...03528053573479

Champion
    vCash
    On Folau, i could not care less. It is the most ludicrously blown out of proportion story ive seen in a while. Folau is allowed to say whatever he wants and believe whatever he wants. Its called freedom of speach and freedom of religion. Rats Arse is just making a tit of itself chasing its own arse trying to figure out what their stance is. It is so simple to say something like "While we respect Folaus right to his beliefs Rugby Australia policy is to be inclusive of all people no matter their sexuality or religious beliefs, unless you're from WA then you're exluded". Instead it is festering along like every other stuffup these fools make.

vCash
    Fester and Chairman
    Name:  Fester_lurch_1966.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  39.5 KB

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    On Folau, i could not care less. It is the most ludicrously blown out of proportion story ive seen in a while. Folau is allowed to say whatever he wants and believe whatever he wants. Its called freedom of speach and freedom of religion. Rats Arse is just making a tit of itself chasing its own arse trying to figure out what their stance is. It is so simple to say something like "While we respect Folaus right to his beliefs Rugby Australia policy is to be inclusive of all people no matter their sexuality or religious beliefs, unless you're from WA then you're exluded". Instead it is festering along like every other stuffup these fools make.
    While I agree that Folau has the right to say what he likes, the right to freedom of speech should be tempered by responsibility of freedom of speech. TJ Perenara covered that well in his response (https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/a...f74926d9993279)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    RA - Another day - Another car crash

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    I was thinking the same. If Nick Taylor's last few articles about ARU deals were based on scam or false emails, the ARU would have been quickly shouting from out high and demanding apologies and swiftly followed with lawyers letters. Remember how quickly ARU jumped on Spiro, when he did a story on ARU's "enemy list" on Roar. Turn out to be apparently false info Spiro that was fed by somebody. Spiro had to pull the story the same day and issue an apology.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    While I agree that Folau has the right to say what he likes, the right to freedom of speech should be tempered by responsibility of freedom of speech. TJ Perenara covered that well in his response (https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/a...f74926d9993279)
    Freedom of speech comes with responsibility. Freedom of speech, for example, does not allow someone to shout out "Fire. Fire." if there is no fire. Folau has a responsibility not just to society but also to his employer. He is entitled to his belief, but he is responsible to convey it respectfully. God's plan for gay people going to "Hell unless they repent their sins" is not respectful. He could have easily said: "Homosexuality is considered a sin in my religion" or "Based on my religious beliefs, I consider homosexuality a sin". These are far less provocative. RA have a responsibility to their fans and sponsors to hold players to that responsibility. The fact that they didn't was weak and reflects very poorly on them. It is interesting that Quade got fined for a nothing comment about the Rugby Challenge and Folau doesn't for a more inflammatory remark that does more to hurt public perception and sponsor relations.

Another funny thought: There are some muslims that would say women should wear a burqa for religous reasons. I wonder how many people would support the freedom of speech angle if Folau had said "All women should be wearing burqas and not parading around like a piece of meat".

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast