Poll: Should Rugby in WA secede from the ARU and become their own governing body?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Should WA Rugby secede from the ARU(RugbyAU)?

vCash
    I have no idea what the hell's going on so I'm not voting either way at this point. (And sporks are handy.)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Now that I am awake I had a chance to read your post, I feel I should point out a couple of things.

1. Is everybody comfortable criticizing the RugbyWA Board and Team for their part in all of this. Its very easy to look back in time and say they should have done this and should have seen that. At the time they had no way of knowing or seeing the ARU's ulterior motives and to say that the hardworking staff of RugbyWA should resign because they couldn't see in to the future is a disgrace.

2. Do you really think it is wise to "publish" and single out by name a Supreme Court Judge and abuse him in a public forum? You might want to get some legal advice on that.

3. You owe Shasta an apology.

4. Do I listen to the fans, Do I know better? I know this - With out the support of Rugby Australia, with out the support of World Rugby we will end up like the Barbarians - but without the history. Playing exhibition matches.

OR

- even worse - we will be like South African in the 70s - 80s. In exile. Playing exhibition matches and having rebel tours that arent recorded in history and have no participation in any Rugby competition.

5. You are very good at looking back at what has happened in the past - I like to look to the future.

I have some predictions for you.

a. Indo-Pacific Rugby will be come a jewel in the crown of World Rugby. Western Australian Rugby players will continue to be selected for the Wallabies.

b. Super Rugby will die. By 2020 Melbourne will be voted off the island as they downsize again. OR it will be completely dead because of all the South African teams with move to Europe.

c. The Reds, Tahs, Brumbies and Rebels (if they are still financial) will fly all the way to Perth to ask to be a part of the Indo-Pacific Rugby competition, and Twiggy will let them in. Because its good for business.

Sometimes you have to see the big picture.

Have a nice day.

I understand people are upset, I am upset. But you have to think this thru to the end. Western Australian Rugby will never have a team in the Rugby World Cup.
    To suggest I owe anyone an apology is laughable, i thought about replying in jest, but considering between yourself and the mods have actually hacked/modify the poll without my permission (as the poll creater) and chose to add a very questionable(unprofessional) line to the poll that serves no purpose but to try and paint the poll as a joke is disrespectful, and I can't beleive a forum like this would allow that to happen. A real shame as I hoped this forum was a bit more professional than modifying peoples post without their actual permission to try and discredit them.

The rest of your post makes some interesting points, and some bizarre ones, like seeking legal advice dor calling Hammershlag a moron, well he is and i have every right to call him that after his disgraceful boys club performance in Arbitration in the state of NSW. However when an inquiry was undertaken it is now apprent the whole alliance agreement was signed in bad faith. Who cares for Hammershlag, ofcourse for some reason you have looked for something to take offense too, hyperbole anyone?

And as for Shasta he admitted not reading my post before commenting, I took that as a partial apology amd moved on, so should you before you burst an artery!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    I have no idea what the hell's going on so I'm not voting either way at this point. (And sporks are handy.)
    Without the mods adding an extra line the poll currently reads 92.21% in favour of secession. And 7.69% not in favour (without doing any formal calcs) And like anything the 10% minority are making all the noise in this thread. Seems to be a very common trait across all things in life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

Also - sporks are lyf! You’re all monsters!
    I won't pretend to know what lyf is jono. But if it means sporks a useful then post a video of yourself demolishing a 700gm rump with a couple of sporks.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    And as for Shasta he admitted not reading my post before commenting, I took that as a partial apology
    Well you shouldn't have. I fessed up to voting no. You took exception and carried on ranting as usual when I didn't bother to take your first bait. I didn't comment on your post at any stage. I told you I didn't give a fuck what you think of my opinion. I still haven't read your post. It's all been done to death.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The rest of your post makes some interesting points, and some bizarre ones, like seeking legal advice dor calling Hammershlag a moron, well he is and i have every right to call him that after his disgraceful boys club performance in Arbitration in the state of NSW. However when an inquiry was undertaken it is now apprent the whole alliance agreement was signed in bad faith. Who cares for Hammershlag, ofcourse for some reason you have looked for something to take offense too, hyperbole anyone?
    Im only here to help.

You might want to take a look at this.

copied and paste from this website

Australia’s first social media defamation case proceeded to full trial recently, with a former student ordered to pay more than $100,000 in damages over a series of defamatory posts about a teacher at the school. Now that’s an expensive tweet!

It's also a reminder to the online community that defamation laws extend online; and it’s no surprise that we’re probably going to see more.

Rather than expanding the definition of defamation under Australian law, this case reminds us that defamation already extends to the internet, and it should be a wake up call for anyone using social media to be careful about what they post. A split second decision to share information through social media could be very expensive.

Social media is no different to other forms of publishing in terms of defamation, and the fact that social media can assist broadcasting it further adds risk.

When posting on Facebook or Twitter, take the newspaper test – think of yourself as an editor of a newspaper or media outlet, because you will be just as liable if you defame someone.

Here are five things you should know about social media defamation:

In general terms, defamation occurs when a person intentionally spreads information about another person, group of people, or small company that damages their reputation, or can make others think less of them.
    Defamation is actionable regardless of the medium. A person can be defamed, for example, in print, through photos and on the internet.
    Defamation cases involving the internet and social media are relatively new, but the same principles apply.
    A person who did not create the defamatory material, but only shares it (for instance, by “retweeting” a tweet), can also be held found liable guilty of defamation.
    There are several defences to defamation, including that the statement was true, or that it was an expression of an honest opinion. Consequently, you may be liable for defamation if you spread information which constitutes a hurtful and untrue statement of fact about another person.
    What if I’m accused of social media defamation?

The best thing do you if you are accused of defamation is to take down the offending post, and offer an apology. If you’re lucky, the person will forgive you and you won’t end up in court.

With the rise of social media, ordinary citizens are becoming publishers and will be subjected to the same laws as newspapers and other news outlets.

==========

With this in mind - I am going back to my original post that quotes your post to remove the "bad sentence" I humbly suggest you do the same.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I won't pretend to know what lyf is jono. But if it means sporks a useful then post a video of yourself demolishing a 700gm rump with a couple of sporks.
    Lyf/life - be younger hey?

I also just checked - I have some scotch fillet in the freezer. Not 700g though. But that aside, I’m keen to give it a go! What are the ground rules? Can I still use a steak knife or do I have to use a plastic one of those as well?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

I also just checked - I have some scotch fillet in the freezer. Not 700g though. But that aside, I’m keen to give it a go! What are the ground rules? Can I still use a steak knife or do I have to use a plastic one of those as well?
    I have stainless Steel Sporks - and they are awesome.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Im only here to help.

You might want to take a look at this.

copied and paste from this website

Australia’s first social media defamation case proceeded to full trial recently, with a former student ordered to pay more than $100,000 in damages over a series of defamatory posts about a teacher at the school. Now that’s an expensive tweet!

It's also a reminder to the online community that defamation laws extend online; and it’s no surprise that we’re probably going to see more.

Rather than expanding the definition of defamation under Australian law, this case reminds us that defamation already extends to the internet, and it should be a wake up call for anyone using social media to be careful about what they post. A split second decision to share information through social media could be very expensive.

Social media is no different to other forms of publishing in terms of defamation, and the fact that social media can assist broadcasting it further adds risk.

When posting on Facebook or Twitter, take the newspaper test – think of yourself as an editor of a newspaper or media outlet, because you will be just as liable if you defame someone.

Here are five things you should know about social media defamation:

In general terms, defamation occurs when a person intentionally spreads information about another person, group of people, or small company that damages their reputation, or can make others think less of them.
    Defamation is actionable regardless of the medium. A person can be defamed, for example, in print, through photos and on the internet.
    Defamation cases involving the internet and social media are relatively new, but the same principles apply.
    A person who did not create the defamatory material, but only shares it (for instance, by “retweeting” a tweet), can also be held found liable guilty of defamation.
    There are several defences to defamation, including that the statement was true, or that it was an expression of an honest opinion. Consequently, you may be liable for defamation if you spread information which constitutes a hurtful and untrue statement of fact about another person.
    What if I’m accused of social media defamation?

The best thing do you if you are accused of defamation is to take down the offending post, and offer an apology. If you’re lucky, the person will forgive you and you won’t end up in court.

With the rise of social media, ordinary citizens are becoming publishers and will be subjected to the same laws as newspapers and other news outlets.

==========

With this in mind - I am going back to my original post that quotes your post to remove the "bad sentence" I humbly suggest you do the same.
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/r...donald-2016-11

I suggest you do some reading on the fallout of the reddit CEO modifying peoples posts.

Anyways i wont be editing anythjng. If hammertime hammershlag wants to come after me he can, I'll take my chances thanks.

I suggest you move on, for the good of your own sanity!

vCash

You can use a steak knife. But not if you borrow X's stainless sports. The challenge would then be tomato soup.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Whilst this is my 13th year as a member of TWF. I am not a Moderator.

I do not have the access to modify other peoples posts.

Mods can access other peoples posts. I am sure they have the right to access other peoples posts. Its happened before and will happen again.

Thats part of the terms of agreement that you clicked OK to when you signed up.

Not editing your post is a mistake - but, Im not a lawyer.

I appreciate your caring about my sanity. I worry about it too, all the time.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Without the mods adding an extra line the poll currently reads 92.21% in favour of secession. And 7.69% not in favour (without doing any formal calcs) And like anything the 10% minority are making all the noise in this thread. Seems to be a very common trait across all things in life.
    Mine was a general comment, not about the thread. Hansie did say RugbyWA was looking into the option and its implications, and not to expect a quick answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You can use a steak knife. But not if you borrow X's stainless sports. The challenge would then be tomato soup.
    All good. Stainless takes the fun out of it anyway. I’ll let you know how I go in a few days

vCash
    Differing opinions on an Internet forum.

Who would have thought.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    And like anything the 10% minority are making all the noise in this thread. Seems to be a very common trait across all things in life.
    Had a look at your post count in the past month or so Sherlock?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast