Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Senate hearing - Wednesday

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Which option though - remember there were two!
    From Nick Taylor's story
    "That allowed the “put option”, used to transfer the licence from Cox’s Imperium Group to the VRU on August 4 when they bought 11,625,000 shares for $1."

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    When Senator Reynolds released the report she stated they were further investigating the evidence provided and the circumstances in which the evidence was provided. She also mentioned the ARUs highly misguided attempts to have the inquiry shut down. I think we will hear more in time.

Video - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...21903907906391
    From Nick Taylor's story
    “Confidential evidence shows the ARU were directly involved in the execution of the transfer of the Melbourne Rebels’ licence from Imperium to VRU.

“The committee understands these negotiations were well under way by June 2017.”

The committee also said it had: “... been made aware that the ARU suggested Imperium exercise a put option and were involved in negotiations which cleared Melbourne Rebels debt thereby allowing the put option to the Victorian Rugby Union to be exercised.

“These events took place in June 2017 and effectively made it impossible to end their licence.”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well the two options are - jail or education - I would say jail was puntive and education was nothing

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Player
    vCash
    It might affect their employment. Companies wouldn't be too keen on having them on their boards

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    It might affect their employment. Companies wouldn't be too keen on having them on their boards
    Do you really think they care if they are re-employed with the money already in their bank accounts.
    Bet they are more healthy than mine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Do you really think they care if they are re-employed with the money already in their bank accounts.
    Certainly , and mine too , but lost reputations affect one's ego and that's a powerful force for a narcissist

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Gigs: "punished punitively". Is there any form of punishment that is not punitive?
    I knew somebody would pick that up the moment I wrote it. Honoured to be schooled by you fulv

C'mon the

vCash
    From Nick Taylor's story "That allowed the “put option”, used to transfer the licence from Cox’s Imperium Group to the VRU on August 4 when they bought 11,625,000 shares for $1."
    I reckon they got ripped off, no way those shares are worth a dollar

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Gigs: "punished punitively".

Is there any form of punishment that is not punitive?
    sexual

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    sexual
    oh my!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    am I wrong?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Player
    vCash
    So are you suggesting they get a thorough spanking? I guess it would fit with the private boys school meme.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    They will worry when their assets are frozen.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    This is on Facebook, from a Michael Bell and pretty much breaks your heart:
    Dear ARU (or Rugby Australia or whatever you call yourselves this week).......I have supported OUR game (It's not yours) as a player, a volunteer, a coach, an employee, a contractor and most importantly as a die hard fan who resides in the area you consistently neglect.......western Sydney.
    I have worked my arse off to get boys and girls and young men and women playing the game. When coaching at a northern beaches club I would drive to Campbelltown from Moore Park to pick a talented kid up for training, then drive him home after training then I'd go home near Penrith, all while it was $1.85 a litre. I have sat in meetings where the then CEO of NSW Rugby wanted to kick the 2nd oldest club in Sydney out of the comp so his old club could feed on the carcass. I've helped extremely talented kids get into exclusive GPS schools to see them go on to represent Australia at Schoolboys and U20s level. I have seen the Waratahs try to recruit 2 of those players in particular by placing a condition on them to change clubs to Randwick as a condition of the contract. Those 2 players now dominate NRL on a weekly basis and 1 played for the country of his father's birth in the semi finals of the RL World Cup. I've seen the current coach and GM Rugby of the Waratahs not even have the courtesy and decency to tell a contracted player there's no deal for him next year. The player only finding out by the announcement in the media of the signing of a pIayer from another side. I've seen the ARU spend a quarter of million dollars on a "governance review" where they consulted the then CEO's of Super Rugby teams ONLY and called it a "comprehensive review of all levels of the game". I've sat in meetings where the current CEO of ARU announced the withdrawal of all financial support to all non professional levels of the game because if grass roots were given money "they'd piss it up against a wall ". I've seen the ARU continue to appoint people to the Board of Directors with absolutely no experience in Rugby whatsoever. I've seen the ARU continue to refuse to answer people who have asked them to clarify the Directors nomination process. I've seen the ARU continue to ignore the very people who support them. I've seen the ARU completely embarrass us as a nation over the diabolical handling of not only their own finances (who pissed what up against the wall?) but also of the Super Rugby number of teams reduction. I've seen them appoint a coach who whilst he has probably forgotten more about the game than I'll ever know, continue to make me feel embarrassed to be an Australian by the way he behaves and reacts to on field decisions, or legitimate questions from the media or satire in the press.
    But I draw the line, I simply can't continue, when two of the fundamental characteristics of our great game are completely disregarded. Respecting the opposition and not giving away a jersey in selection to someone who doesn't deserve it. The selection of the team v Scotland this morning showed the lack of respect for the opposition. And the selection of Stephen Moore was nothing more than a testimonial selection. Granted, he's been a tremendous servant to the game.......for half a million bucks a year........but club teams don't give away 1st grade jerseys yet the Wallabies now give away theirs.
    So ARU thanks for the memories. I'll cherish forever having seen great players like Poidevin, Horan, Ella, Eales, Lawton, Lynagh, Campese, Tune, Roff, Ofahengaue, Gavin, Kefu, Leeds, Campton, Kay, Cahalane, Lowery and Koen to name a few.
    I'll cherish seeing young Parramatta players who didn't have two bob to rub together travel from Canberra to Parramatta at 4am to serve breakfast to 400 homeless people at Parramatta Mission. Those players then thanked the homeless for the opportunity to be there and help.
    But I am done.
    I simply cannot any longer, sit by and watch you allow people, employed by yourselves, soil the memory of those who've gone before them and disrespect the traditions of the game.
    Simply...... I surrender!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well said we need to know the contract terms of Mark Sinderberry's retrenchment he said he couldn't say much about the RA and their activities

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast