Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Senate hearing - Wednesday

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    G&GR have picked up the leaked email story - its in Tuesdays News.

"Everyone had suspicions that the ARU were a club of bungling boys who may or may not have made a decision and possibly drawn out that decision in the most depressing and distressing way, but now we have proof that they are actually a club of bungling boys who made a decision that was drawn out in the most depressing and distressing way.

News has emerged that the ARU was emailin’ the Rebels about doing something or other TWO MONTHS before announcing the decision to axe the Force. If you cast your minds back, the ARU said the 48-72 hour thing, then didn’t say anything 3 days later, and then gave the impression that it was anyone other than the Force who they were gonna cut.

“A confidential email from chief executive Bill Pulver shows he was discussing the deal to transfer the Rebels licence from businessman Andrew Cox to the Victorian Rugby Union in June this year,” writes the West Australian, a Western Australian newspaper from Western Australia."

Story then continues on...

"But ah! The catch here is that Pulver has previously said he ain’t heard of no email, telling the Senate inquiry that the Force and Rebels were “live right until the final decision.”

Meanwhile, Cameron Clyne also told the inquiry that, “I have said there was a very real option that both teams were being considered right through until August.”
    It took a rant from Jodie Hodgson for them to run the story Their excuse was that it was missed on their news feed and anyway "we are not professionals but part timers who provide content for the love of the game" Bullshit GAGR you are biased as several of us here know and anyway aren't they owned by Fairfax or Murdoch? I'm sure that Darren posted that the other week on here somewhere

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    GAGRs attempts to eradicate the Force and the news around their axing have been obvious and pathetic. RugbyReg will probably soon be over here to give me a warning for saying that lol.

vCash
    Rugbyreg is a complete disgrace and should never have been given any moderator or administrator duties. The rugby world could do without despicable characters such as himself. There is no gain other than his own self interest from gagging and threatening Force fans after everything they have been through, that sort of disgraceful behaviour should be condemned by his own staff and he should be disciplined/ or even castrated for his ridiculous petty crusade against the West, what a total wanker!

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Anyone know where we can get these shirts?

Can't navigate my way through teechip.com to find it

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPoMAy6UEAEhEYG?format=jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Macattack; 28-11-17 at 12:24.

vCash
    Ripia is a bit large on that shirt. I dunno if we should be bigging up a bloke who stole money off his team mates to use on the pokies.

vCash
    Yeah, don't know who designed it and picked the names to highlight - but I like the general idea

Maybe a slightly different design would be the go

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Ripia is a bit large on that shirt. I dunno if we should be bigging up a bloke who stole money off his team mates to use on the pokies.
    Agreed. May as well put Firepower on their too with sponsorship from Imperium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Yeah, don't know who designed it and picked the names to highlight - but I like the general idea

Maybe a slightly different design would be the go
    Happy to make a new design up if anyone is interested - I have a supplier happy to provide shirts!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    It took a rant from Jodie Hodgson for them to run the story Their excuse was that it was missed on their news feed and anyway "we are not professionals but part timers who provide content for the love of the game" Bullshit GAGR you are biased as several of us here know and anyway aren't they owned by Fairfax or Murdoch? I'm sure that Darren posted that the other week on here somewhere
    When I posted it umpteen times on their threads, they were pretty quick to ark up about it being there, so can't see how they can say they hadn't seen it! FFS! They tried their hardest to bury it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Happy to make a new design up if anyone is interested - I have a supplier happy to provide shirts!
    Thanks Valzc, I'd certainly buy a couple if we could get a good design (given the hate just doesn't want to fade away)

vCash
    Like the bumper stickers I think they should be done to raise funds for rugby in WA. Grassroots or Force foundation or possibly individual clubs.

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I would love to see a membership package for next year. With the bulk of the money going to the WA juniors women’s and men’s teams. This membership would entitle you to first dibs on new memberships or some other enticement within the new IPRC comp. There are some passionate supporters around that could generate a bit of money given the right avenue. It would also be grand to publish that the New Force have X number of members waiting for the games to start a year later over what the Rebels membership number is this year with games.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I have a plan for a design.

Val what does your supplier charge, I know I can get dye sublimated polo shirts at $21 a piece if I order 30.

I also have a bit of an idea based upon that one. I'm going to have a crack tonight and see what everybody thinks.

I'm going to try to make a poll so public opinion can decide the size of each name.

(now how the hell can I make a poll?)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    I would love to see a membership package for next year. With the bulk of the money going to the WA juniors women’s and men’s teams. This membership would entitle you to first dibs on new memberships or some other enticement within the new IPRC comp. There are some passionate supporters around that could generate a bit of money given the right avenue. It would also be grand to publish that the New Force have X number of members waiting for the games to start a year later over what the Rebels membership number is this year with games.
    I am surprised that those of us who were Western Force members in 2017 have not received offers to renew a membership of some type in 2018. After all, both RA and Rugby WA (Receiver and Manager appointed) have our email addresses, 'phone numbers and histories of membership.

In its announcement of 5 September, the ARU/RA said that it was "in active discussions with its State and Territory Member Unions about opportunities to provide Rugby content in Western Australia from the 2018 season.".

I would imagine that nothing has come of those discussions, perhaps because of the strength of the adverse reaction from WA to the culling of the Force, but also because it would be a very brave Eastern States franchise or union who would move one of their valuable SR home matches (or another type of state based "rugby content") to Perth. In any case, the remaining four Australian SR franchises have published their home SR match schedules and are accepting membership renewals and new memberships on the basis of those schedules.

Given the improved performance of the Western Force in 2017, I think it is safe to assume that membership renewals and new memberships for the Force in 2018 would have been higher than the volume achieved in 2017.

There's probably at least a couple of million dollars sloshing around in pockets and bank accounts in WA which normally would have been spent on Force memberships in 2018. A portion of that cash could conceivably find its way to RA or Rugby WA (or whatever succeeds Rugby WA).

The longer it is left unused, the more likely it is that this discretionary cash will find another home (e.g. NRL fixtures, Perth Glory memberships, AFL memberships, painting the roof etc).

vCash
    They should schedule a Tahrds vs Rebels match at the Craypot....I'm sure the sea of blue will turn out in force

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast