Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of WA rugby

vCash
    I also like the idea of WF being available to play other teams not within the SR comp, but aside it either at the start of the season or during the dreary four week no game period as well as playing other nations who tour.
    Playing touring teams is a short term fix not a long term solution. It was fairly costly for the Lions particularly without a stable season ticket holder income. They had a tour to the US cancelled and I think there were games in Europe where they had to pull out. Finding several months of consistent fixtures to prepare for the Currie Cup without breaking was tough. You need to find a coach that is willing to work that kind of schedule. Kevin Foote is most likely the man however I think he has also gone off to Melbourne.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    While you are here Lou I had another look at Tim North's Hansard Report. He pointed to the committee that running a search on ASIC under Imperium Sports Management is likely to reveal the shareholders/unit trust holders.

I take it he is referring to these documents

I have run an ASIC search in to Imperium Sports Management and these documents may provide information in who the shareholders are

Name: IMPERIUM SPORTS MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS PTY LTD
    ACN: 146 498 017
    Registration date: 23/09/2010
    Next review date: 23/09/2018
    Former name(s): PROVIDENCE BEER COMPANY PTY LTD, O'HALLORAN'S HOSPITALITY GROUP PTY. LTD.
    Type: Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
    Locality of registered office: MELBOURNE VIC 3004
    Regulator: Australian Securities & Investments Commission
    View Summary (PDF)

19/11/2016 7E8541138
    Change To Company Details Appointment Or Cessation Of A Company Officeholder (484E)
    $19.00 Select uncertified document
    $38.00 Select certified document
    4/08/2014 7E6260801
    Change To Company Details Changes To (Members) Share Holdings (484N)
    4/08/2014 7E6260750
    Show sub documents Change To Company Details (484)
    25/07/2014 7E6241028
    Notification Of Resolution Changing Company Name (205A)
    18/07/2011 7E3818917
    19/05/2011 7E3677407
    3/05/2011 7E3641138
    Change To Company Details Appointment Or Cessation Of A Company Officeholder (484E)
    14/10/2010 027144387
    Hide sub documents Change To Company Details (484)
    Change Of Registered Address (484B)
    Change Of Principal Place Of Business (Address) (484C)
    Appointment Or Cessation Of A Company Officeholder (484E)
    Notification Of Share Issue (484G)
    Changes To Share Structure (484O)
    Changes To (Members) Share Holdings (484N)
    $39.00 Select uncertified document
    $58.00 Select certified document

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    thanks

Last edited by lou; 09-12-17 at 06:43.
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    I like the idea of the Western Force being back in the NRC especially if it can select some of its players from the SR squads - I think there was some mention at one stage that old Force players could come back for it - but also as part of the pathway to develop WA players and talent. I also like the idea of WF being available to play other teams not within the SR comp, but aside it either at the start of the season or during the dreary four week no game period as well as playing other nations who tour. Ultimately, SR is dead by 2020 imo so WA needs to be ready with its developed players for the next incarnation. Hopefully with the cleanout of RA senior management that is just about over we will see a clean out of the incompetent RA Board members and the new Board will stay true to its vision to grow Rugby in Australia and will appoint senior managers that are fiscally capable of doing their job with $100 - 120m of revenue annually.
    I would (only now) qualify that to ensure that the new Force is not a team on mercenaries who jet into Perth for a couple of weeks to play NRC and then spend the rest of their lives elsewhere, that will do nothing to create a pathway.

I would want to see guys like Dickie Hardwick and the Haylett Petty boys, who have been developed over here, allowed to return and play NRC for their home state though. Anybody who has come from interstate but has committed themselves to WA Rugby (Hodgo for example) is also welcome, but, a short term Force player, who isn't a Sandgroper, whilst he might be a great player for the Spirit, I would want to see him put in the hard yards for WA as a part of the arrangement to play Spirit, not just have worn the Force jersey. Somebody like Marcel Brache, he's been a long time servant of the Force, done anything they asked him to, even things he wasn't really suited for, played with enthusiasm every game, but would he be a guy who can help build the pathways?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I will imagine the players on Brumbies EPS deals (Erasmus, Verity Amm) will be allowed to go back. Naisairani is on a one year contract so technically he should be treated like a free agent. Godwin will be on the last year of his contract.

Last edited by Bakkies; 09-12-17 at 07:14.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Given you propensity in appearing in Western Force publicity material Alison I was thinking of getting you a blue and black beanie (a la 'Where's Wally') but you have the knack of ending up centre stage so it would be kind of moot!
    Hahaha!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Absolute bugger when occasional work gets in the way of ground-breaking events.
    Yesterday was such an important day for WA Rugby.
    Job well done for all those involved in efforts to date.
    Still a looong journey ahead o the road to recovery.

Shame on you EARU!

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I agree

Perth Spirit to me is the evolution of Perth Gold, our local amateur team before the Force, a blend of the best of our local competition and professional players from wherever they may come in the near future.

The Western Force is the next step up, a professional team and part of a professional league, in whatever form that may be. Rather we keep that as a statement that we have returned victorious than to muddy the waters and have it denigrated as second rate pretenders.
    I was not that keen on the "Western" bit when the name was launched. At the time I thought it should have been called Perth Force, so there was no doubt where the team comes from. I have grown to love the Force bit, especially when the crowd is chanting FO-ORCE, FO-ORCE. The blue has been a great success as well. As we enter a new era of playing in Asia, it might be good idea to re-brand our team as the Perth Force, with of course the same shade of blue and black swan emblem that we now love.

vCash
    Would prefer it to remain the Western Force as it is the state of Western Australia's team and funded by the WA Government.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    And black shorts. I hated the blue shorts. In fact go back to the original jersey design

I think it was Stookie saying at the first game the name "western" was purposely chosen to be representative of an idea rather than a specific place, and the shade of blue as being the ocean rather than WA gold and black. Both these were meant to grow the game, not be tied down to Perth

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    And black shorts. I hated the blue shorts. In fact go back to the original jersey design

I think it was Stookie saying at the first game the name "western" was purposely chosen to be representative of an idea rather than a specific place, and the shade of blue as being the ocean rather than WA gold and black. Both these were meant to grow the game, not be tied down to Perth
    And gold and black change strip!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    And gold and black change strip!
    You betcha...the sea of blue becomes the gold reef haha

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I was not that keen on the "Western" bit when the name was launched. At the time I thought it should have been called Perth Force, so there was no doubt where the team comes from. I have grown to love the Force bit, especially when the crowd is chanting FO-ORCE, FO-ORCE. The blue has been a great success as well. As we enter a new era of playing in Asia, it might be good idea to re-brand our team as the Perth Force, with of course the same shade of blue and black swan emblem that we now love.
    While I can see why rebranding the team as the "Perth Force" might seem attractive from the point of view of marketing the city, I think the continuity of keeping the "Western Force" name is important to show the casual fans (or even fans in the new Asian markets) that it is the same entity. While idiots like us will buy in regardless, we are the minority.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    You betcha...the sea of blue becomes the gold reef haha
    The Golden Shower!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I think it would be crazy to change our name from Western Force to something else. It is a recognisable brand, an established brand and is nationally and internationally known. Perth Spirit is part of the pathway to the Western Force and should be recognized separately. As the saying goes, any publicity is good publicity and even though a lot of negatitvity has surrounded the publicity of our name this year, the brand has been at the forefront and is more widely known now than it was before. The brand will only strengthen as we work through oir return to professional rugby as it is now part of the underdog, rags to riches story behind our rebirth. The name Western Force has also started to penetrate the more mainstrem sports shows and media with the culling controversy being one of the major sports news stories of this year. Once the IPRC is up and running then we can use the name for documentary purposes, eg "Western Force rises from the Ashes" or "Undeniable Force : The Rebirth of the Western Force". Theres some good commercial opportunities to arise from this that we should look to capitalize on.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast