Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: The future of WA rugby

vCash
    500 people contributing financially to the Rebels?

No thanks.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Club and community Rugby will continue and if we can keep the enthusiasm going I have no doubt Club Rugby here will also grow to the point where we have around 500 spectators watching each weekend game.
    Hansie, perhaps one of the challenges in attracting more spectators to Club Rugby in WA will be the spectator facilities at some of the home grounds.

The New South Welshmen are forever banging on about the 16,000 who attended the Shute Shield final this year and how it represents a glorious renaissance of heartland rugby in NSW. That final was played at the North Sydney Oval, which is relatively spectator friendly, with stands, terraced areas, embankments, seating and a reasonable number of toilets (even if a bit aged). Look at other Shute Shield home grounds and their spectator facilities; for example Chatswood Oval (the Gordon home ground) and Manly Oval (the Manly home ground).

By comparison, home grounds in WA like Charles Court Reserve and Hartfield Park are dead flat, without terracing or any elevated viewing places - if you are a spectator at those grounds, you generally stand, and your view of play can be restricted at times. I'm kiff with standing for 100 minutes, or sitting and possibly getting a wet bum - others, e.g. dad, mum and a couple of tin lids, may not be.

I know there's nothing much which can be done about the facilities at most Club Rugby home grounds - usually they are in the hands of the local government entities and their restricted budgets.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FingerTips; 21-12-17 at 10:21.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I received the following reply: (hopefully, she soon realizes that she now represents the whole of Australia, not just Victoria.)

Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

This is an automatically generated reply so that you know your email has arrived.

As my office receives significant volumes of reference material and correspondence, it is very difficult for me to personally respond to all communications on an individual basis. Notwithstanding these demands, I endeavour to ensure that I am kept informed on all important matters.

If the matter is not urgent, please ensure that your email contains your full name, residential address and contact phone number, where possible. If these details are not provided, I will note your views, but am unable to respond to your email. If your matter is urgent, please contact my office on 03 5441 4251.

Please note that given the amount of correspondence received, I am only able to reply to those residing in Victoria. If you reside in another State or Territory, it is important you contact your local Member or Senator. For assistance visit http://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_M...rs_and_Members

If your email is part of an automatically generated campaign, I will note your opinions, however an individual reply will not be sent.

To stay in touch with my activities as Senator for Victoria, I invite you to visit my website http://www.bridgetmckenzie.com.au/, Senator McKenzie on Facebook or Twitter @senbmckenzie.

Again, thank you for contacting me.
    She is the Federal Sports minister and therefore has to represent ALL of Australia. Hopefully this is just an old message that will get changed asap!

vCash
    Brilliant idea Hansie! If I win Lotto I'll shout you all

vCash

I reckon we should try and get us all over to Melbourne wearing our Force gear for their first home game. Imagine 500 of us in the stadium in Blue chanting F-O-R-C-E????

Surely that would be just what the RA mongrels are hoping for, the chance to say "See, the Force fans have accepted the situation and have flown across the country to support the Rebels, and they will probably buy new shirts while they are here" The Force chants would just be ignored by them as a minor inconvenience.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

Player
    vCash
    Mothy, Kalla would absolutely love your support. Club and community Rugby will continue and if we can keep the enthusiasm going I have no doubt Club Rugby here will also grow to the point where we have around 500 spectators watching each weekend game. There is no reason that collaboratively with the Future Force high performance guys we can grow our own and be ready in 2021 with a team made up of majority if not all WA home grown players. Engagement with community clubs is crucial and people will come to watch the Dickies, Koteka's, Haylett - Pettys. ronas, Penis etc etc play.

I reckon we should try and get us all over to Melbourne wearing our Force gear for their first home game. Imagine 500 of us in the stadium in Blue chanting F-O-R-C-E????
    Sorry Hansie but I could not bring myself to watch that team play even if every player in the team was ex Force. While I individually wish the boys well I will not support the Rebels.I feel this is what Rat's Arse would want and as Jargs pointed out it would be money in their coffers.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydemon View Post
    Surely that would be just what the RA mongrels are hoping for, the chance to say "See, the Force fans have accepted the situation and have flown across the country to support the Rebels, and they will probably buy new shirts while they are here" The Force chants would just be ignored by them as a minor inconvenience.
    Assuming that the money actually goes to the Rebels and not a unit trust or services to related parties.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    ...There is no reason that collaboratively with the Future Force high performance guys we can grow our own and be ready in 2021 with a team made up of majority if not all WA home grown players.
    With respect Hansie, not a chance without them having somewhere to play. I'd actually be bloody angry if I thought if were possible, as committing to developing our own players in 2007/8 when we actually had resources could have avoided this entire situation. Instead we are here, and I can tell you that even if something were to change in 2021, I will probably pass. Nothing will have actually changed, RA will be no more interested in a team in WA, and even if they resurrected it you could expect it to be axed again at the first cost cutting. A team in West Sydney is more likely, but personally I doubt there will be any change in the next contract - they will be starting to negotiate it next year.

More interestingly, if all hope is on the Future Force, it sounds like tacit acknowledgement that you've walked away from the IPRC.

vCash
    If Rats Arse are going to put road blocks in the way of the IPRC surely the way around that is for the IPRC to be run out of Singers, Honkers or some such and have an invitation team playing out of Perth. Would we then need permission from the low life’s to put a professional team together? Couldn’t they play when and where they like?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I assume that to have an Australian based team in an international competition it would require the sign off of the games governing body in that country? eg Rugby Australia would have to sign off on an Australian side competing in a competition run out of Singapore.

Player
    vCash
    Attachment 5180
    Thought I’d put my feelings in pictures this morning 😃

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Mothy, Kalla would absolutely love your support. Club and community Rugby will continue and if we can keep the enthusiasm going I have no doubt Club Rugby here will also grow to the point where we have around 500 spectators watching each weekend game. There is no reason that collaboratively with the Future Force high performance guys we can grow our own and be ready in 2021 with a team made up of majority if not all WA home grown players. Engagement with community clubs is crucial and people will come to watch the Dickies, Koteka's, Haylett - Pettys. ronas, Penis etc etc play.

Ummm, Mr Hansie, we have a Dr Freud on line two....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash

I'll get the first round

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Champion
    vCash
    Jodi H. posted on a rugby.com.au article that there would be a Force team next year just looking for coach and players! That will do me.. 😊won't be supporting the Rebels under any circumstances wish the boys all the best but that's not my team and never will be!!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Jodi H. posted on a rugby.com.au article that there would be a Force team next year just looking for coach and players! That will do me.. 😊won't be supporting the Rebels under any circumstances wish the boys all the best but that's not my team and never will be!!
    Better ramp up the pre season training to impress. Who was on the Spirit coaching team apart from Kevin Foote?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast