Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spears back in the Super 14???!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    never thought I'd hear that phrase...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I think the more pc term is 'Affirmative Action'

I reckon there's room for a black team, Curry Cup would be a better stage for them in the early years until they get up to speed and depth.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    I think the more pc term is 'Affirmative Action'

I reckon there's room for a black team, Curry Cup would be a better stage for them in the early years until they get up to speed and depth.
    That's a bit "racist" don't you think??

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Absolutely! All things being equal now, the current disparity between black and white players will sort it self out eventually - but why should people have to wait 20, 30, 40 years for this to happen. Black players need a bit of a leg up to make up for the years where they were held back. What ever happens - someone will be disadvantaged, who's turn is it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter
    Reverse Apartheid,how ironic
    Yeah, so why don't you guys have a sad like you did when we did it to them and not allow SA to play... that is racist in itself, your saying we can't do it to blacks; but they can do it to us BULLSHIT!

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunmarn
    Yeah, so why don't you guys have a sad like you did when we did it to them and not allow SA to play... that is racist in itself, your saying we can't do it to blacks; but they can do it to us BULLSHIT!
    As I said before,how ironic.Maybe they can include some whites in the side & give them"honary Black status"

vCash
    Geez, this issue is really gonna stir the pot, and the emotions of South Africans everywhere, i feel sorry for you guys, shaunmarn. This will really throw a spanner in the works for next year. It will probably interrupt most clubs pre season as well, not knowing who is available or not. I agree, it`s a total crock of the proverbial

vCash
    *sigh* It is very sad...SA rugby will suffer so much from predominantly black team...no offence, I don't want to be seen as racist but the blacks are generally not too good when it comes to Rugby. Maybe they should just have a black and a white coach working together and choosing whoever is the best 22 player...no matter what colour.

But then if there are little or no blacks then it is racist...

.................................................. ......................
    "Very well," said the gatekeeper of Heaven. "But you realize, I hope, that we've got all the good players and the best coaches."

"I know, and that's all right," Satan answered unperturbed. "We've got all the refs!"

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    no Shaunmarn he didn't say that at all .. it was just an observatory comment.

No one here is saying they agree with S.A. presenting a Black only team, (I say Black Only because All Black is already copyrighted by some other little attention seeking nation ) any country should field their strongest team regardless of who it comprises of!

And just for the record the sanctions of South Africa were not based on their rugby team, it was applied politically. If Mr S.A Sports Minister wants to take the country down that track then that is unfortunate, but no country will consider applying political sanctions until (hopefully never) it becomes more ingrained in the government as a whole. Some countries may however decide not to tour as a protest "sports wise".

Quote Originally Posted by Ren
    I don't want to be seen as racist but
    never start a sentance with that.. it never works...

Quote Originally Posted by ren
    Maybe they should just have a black and a white coach working together and choosing whoever is the best 22 player...no matter what colour.
    If you can't get a single coach to look at the big picture then your suggestion above isn't going to work either - co-coaches don't work!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    If you can't get a single coach to look at the big picture then your suggestion above isn't going to work either - co-coaches don't work!
    yeah, it is a problem

.................................................. ......................
    "Very well," said the gatekeeper of Heaven. "But you realize, I hope, that we've got all the good players and the best coaches."

"I know, and that's all right," Satan answered unperturbed. "We've got all the refs!"

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I do support the concept of trying to bring black South Africa up to speed in all aspects of life (Gov, business, sport etc) however, I don't think it achieves anything for their nation by forcing it on the elite level in such a domineering manner.
    I agree with Coach in that the place for such action is perhaps better directed to the elite level within their own nation with such a team being in the Currie Cup. Or increase the number of teams in that comp and have a "quota system" on all of the competing teams. The players currently in the Spears Squad are by no measure of S14 standard.
    To have this kind of nonsense forced upon the international image of their country (and by extension, forced upon Aus and NZ Rugby as well) it doesn't do anyone any good or help to heal 100 years of tensions.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Happy]no Shaunmarn he didn't say that at all .. it was just an observatory comment.

No one here is saying they agree with S.A. presenting a Black only team, (I say Black Only because All Black is already copyrighted by some other little attention seeking nation ) any country should field their strongest team regardless of who it comprises of!

And just for the record the sanctions of South Africa were not based on their rugby team, it was applied politically. If Mr S.A Sports Minister wants to take the country down that track then that is unfortunate, but no country will consider applying political sanctions until (hopefully never) it becomes more ingrained in the government as a whole. Some countries may however decide not to tour as a protest "sports wise".

Happy this is not only occuring "sports wise" this whole issue is spreading and is already in the political system...

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Happy this is not only occuring "sports wise" this whole issue is spreading and is already in the political system...
    Back it up young fella, you obviously know more about it than we do and by the lenghth of this thread and it's content we are interested to know more

vCash
    Back on topic, i was reading this article http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ar...802818624.html and saw the following:
    And in Super 14 news the Southern Spears have won their court case for inclusion in next year's tournament at the expense of the lowest-placed South African side, the Cats.

The SARU may yet appeal the decision, handed down in the high court after the Spears contested a change in direction by the governing body that saw an original deal for inclusion overturned. The inclusion of the Spears has been attacked by Sharks backline coach David Campese, who believes the side will "get a hiding every game".

vCash
    Campo would know...he's almost South African himself now.

There were rumours floating around this time last year about another new team that joined the competition

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast