Thread: Shrinking to greatness means less places for y/OUR YOUNG PLAYERS

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash

Shrinking to greatness means less places for y/OUR YOUNG PLAYERS

Oh the irony a heartland boy off to New Zealand. What’s that two ex young Waratahs now play for the crusaders. Maybe the problem with Australia is CULTURE especially the Tahs who play with the heart of a dead salmon.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/a...7429314d13b219

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    And the son of one of their own Tahs staff no less! The writing is on the wall alright.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Hey! Salmon are delicious (when cooked properly). Don't insult them. I'd be okay with you using "heart of a dead carp" though.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Heart of a dead pike....ergo a piker

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Well, they'd better bring in a "Crusaders Law" for national selection also...

Last edited by chibi; 14-10-17 at 20:20.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Hey! Salmon are delicious (when cooked properly). Don't insult them. I'd be okay with you using "heart of a dead carp" though.
    Head of a dead carp maybe. As in "a fish rots from......"

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Hmm maybe this link should be tweeted to senator Reynolds as possible result of shrinking the development pathways for Australian kids.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The only Kiwis coming to Australia are the ones that are not good enough for them, the only Aussies going to NZ are the obviously some of our very best. It's not about the numbers, it's about the quality.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    A bro ma nims Nikau Paewai, um from Auckland, played Un Zud schoolboys, Colts, Under 20s. However I just want to be the best I can be and that experience over there is the best opportunity to develop on and off the field, to be the best I can be over the next two to three years. Where I go after two to three years, who knows but most likely the Canes.

Um going to probably the No 1 rugby franchise, plus club, in the world with a proven track record of developing players to reach the highest potential...um hideeng over to the Tahrds

Last edited by sittingbison; 14-10-17 at 12:52.

Champion
    vCash
    Wow, the lure of an automatic Wallabies jersey upon signing with the TAHDS has lost it's pulling power. On the other hand, who can blame the kid. Australia’s pathways are broken and there is limited opportunity to become a professional player within Australia. I have no doubt though when the time is right the ARU will pay through the roof to get him back into Australian rugby after already spending big on developing this guy through the U/20s. That is the side effect of the Giteau Law. Australia spends a decent sum of cash developing a players then happily pay an astronomical figure to get them back in Australian rugby. It's why the wages of the top Wallabies have skyrocketed. Take Will Genia for example. When almost joining the Force, he was asking for a salary of $550 000. Goes to Europe after earning 60 caps, which these days is a 5 year Wallabies career at 15 tests a year plus World Cup years, Cheika decides he wants him back because the Wallabies top ups system and limited salary cap coupled with piss poor development means theres limited options in Australia, so Cheika asks the ARU to stump up around $1 million to buy out a contract and bring him back. This is the same player who left a year ago. His wage has been inflated by this decision to allow European based players to play for the Wallabies from $550 000 a year to $800 000. Using the Giteau Law, Genia is able to leverage a pay rise of $250 000 a year out of the ARU. So to be competitive at the 2015 World Cup, the ARU opened itself up to unsustainable wage growth which it cannot afford. We've had a few players who have moved back and forth between Australia and Europe so the cost blowouts can be massaged into the books and hopefully glossed over but if allowed to continue will see cost blowouts to the ARU as there are more tests played nowadays meaning more players could leave for Europe earlier then leverage massive pay rises on return. Just think, $800 000 is enough for 15 academy contracts with the Future Force. Where would the money be better spent? Providing a pipeline of talent to continually underpin your professional teams or going towards 1 prima donna who is more interested in money than the jersey he wears?

vCash
    And ageing Prima donnas at that!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    or paying for 1 player to have a sabbatical and $50K to "piss up against the wall".

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Who has missed two out of previous four playing years through two knee reconstruction. So now missed three out of five.

But it's not like the game has speeded up or ruck laws changed to limit the #7 jackal plus he will never play 7 again anyway, so all good, nothing to see here, move along

vCash
    No brainer decision for the young lad. An incredibly successful club with a great development program and high-performing humble individuals leading the way, versus a chronically underperforming club with serious cultural issues, a fatal entitlement attitude and internal strife that continues to drag them down. Plus he gets to learn from some of the best second-rowers in the world for the next three years. Yeah, real tough decision to make and I'll bet his dad was 100% supportive of it - being directly involved with the Warratahs he would see the problems first hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Who has missed two out of previous four playing years through two knee reconstruction. So now missed three out of five.

But it's not like the game has speeded up or ruck laws changed to limit the #7 jackal plus he will never play 7 again anyway, so all good, nothing to see here, move along
    That's because Cheika won't drop his mate. He will still play 7 for the Brumbies