Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Munster set to confirm Wessels as new boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    No we don't draw an income from being supporters but we sure help build theirs. Without supporters you have no game nor coin to play the game. Some time in ya life you've gotta have some morals and if you get into bed with the people who just shit on ya then don't whinge when it comes back to bite you.
    By the way does anyone know what is happening with the Spirit??
    Will be interesting the response on Sunday.
    There needs to be a response from Andrew Forrest and whoever is left at Rugby WA asap

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    wish i could be at the spirit game, hope the spirit take out the comp again. not bad for the 4 years NRC has existed, appeared in the first GF won the 3rd, not bad for a supposed non-rugby state

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    To quote Lou, the truth will set us free Chibi. I have faith in Senator Reynolds to bring those celebrating at St Leonard's today back down to earth with a crash so hard they'll never recover from it.
    They moved from St Leonards to Moore Park (home of the Tahs) just recently.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    As bad as the whole debacle has been, Dave is doing the best from him and his group of players and coaches. Interesting that it is only until 2019 and I expect any other player and coach contracts will be similar to allow for the new 2020 arrangement, whatever that may be. To help fill some of your glasses, how would it be for the Rebels under Dave with a predominantly Force squad to win the 2019 title and then leave them all hanging and come back home....there has to be a positive out of all this negative. If there are enough Force players I may have to amend the InnFORCEers Law Book and make a game or two tour worthy, if Melbourne is good for one thing, it's good for a pub crawl

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Hmm..pub crawl..

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Hansie , Stookie, Wellborn any one PLEASE step up and give us some news before we're lost forever. You lose us solid supporters and you won't get us back next year when its to late.
    Jeremy.
    My thoughts on Dave's move to the Rebels are as follows; I have not been able to chat with him - But respecting his modus operandi over the past 2 years I am absolutely sure he's made this decision for the players and coaches. He would not have been able to take his crew and players with him to Munster so a move there would be very much on selfish grounds and I am sure may have been good for him to get out of Australia. I reckon he's taken the Rebels gig so that he can maintain his commitment to the boys he has led over the past 2 years. Bear in mind it's for 2 years so he will be ready to come home when we rise from the ashes.

Minderoo are talking with the ARU and we are not involved in these discussions. Our focus is on RugbyWA. working through the logistics of winding up Own The Force, Growing the Future Force, bedding down the new Community Competition for next year, supporting the Perth Spirit, working on the Senate Enquiry and sorting the bits of legal stuff still outstanding.

Our intention is to let Minderoo work out the IPRC issues without any of us from the board being involved as we would aggravate the ARU.

We hope all of the investors in Own The Force will re-invest via the Lavan and Future Force vehicles outlined in the letter. We also need to see which sponsors remain and effectively see how much we have in the kitty. If we have as much as we hope to generate, we want to grow the future force program by placing the guys into our Community Club Competition, from there we can develop them for next year's Perth Spirit and IPRC. We want out Community Club Comp to be even better than Shute Shield, grow the talent and even send WA Gold State sides on tours to Asia.

So, there is a bit of waiting as things become clearer but we are planning.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Oh how easily you are swayed

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    I could go for a pub crawl to Melly....wearing my 2006 Force jumper of course maybe the Sunwolves or Crusaders??

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Fuck 'em all!
    Scorched earth as far as this 'supporter' is concerned.
    I'll never follow the Rebels or support Super Rugby or the ARU.
    If Blood had gone anywhere else other than an Aus team I would have happily followed.
    Not now
    Not this
    Fuck 'em!

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Our intention is to let Minderoo work out the IPRC issues without any of us from the board being involved as we would aggravate the ARU.
    I have to ask why would anyone from RugbyWA being present in discussions aggravate the ARU? Are they that pissed that we fought tooth and nail to protect Rugby in this state?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    To help fill some of your glasses, how would it be for the Rebels under Dave with a predominantly Force squad to win the 2019 title and then leave them all hanging and come back home....
    Just personally that would mean f**k all to me.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    As bad as the whole debacle has been, Dave is doing the best from him and his group of players and coaches. Interesting that it is only until 2019 and I expect any other player and coach contracts will be similar to allow for the new 2020 arrangement, whatever that may be. To help fill some of your glasses, how would it be for the Rebels under Dave with a predominantly Force squad to win the 2019 title and then leave them all hanging and come back home....there has to be a positive out of all this negative. If there are enough Force players I may have to amend the InnFORCEers Law Book and make a game or two tour worthy, if Melbourne is good for one thing, it's good for a pub crawl
    Sadly, this doesn't fill my glass a drop - all it would do is have the ARU saying, "see, we were right! We are stronger and better off without the Force."
    They are not coming back.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by WF1964; 29-09-17 at 11:45.

Senior Player
    vCash
    This is obviously a sh1t situation but lets look at it from a different perspective and "best case" scenario from here:

1. Approx 20 Western Force squad members don't get contracts so decide to stay here and play club rugby in WA. This will massively improve the standard of premier grade and will also get a lot more supporters to the game. There will be more money to pay these players as Hansie alluded to.

2. Wessells and all of our players will come back to play IPRC for us once super rugby has finished.

3. We will still have Perth Spirit to play in the NRC for the next level down.

4. Perth Gold tours as Hansie mentioned.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Also Ben McCalman seems to be the forgotten man of Australian Rugby. It is all about Coleman and DHP. McCalman is still a quality player and has some good years left, with the lack of good #8's in Australia I would have thought the Reds or Tahs would have been knocking his door down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    This is obviously a sh1t situation but lets look at it from a different perspective and "best case" scenario from here:

1. Approx 20 Western Force squad members don't get contracts so decide to stay here and play club rugby in WA. This will massively improve the standard of premier grade and will also get a lot more supporters to the game. There will be more money to pay these players as Hansie alluded to.

2. Wessells and all of our players will come back to play IPRC for us once super rugby has finished.

3. We will still have Perth Spirit to play in the NRC for the next level down.

4. Perth Gold tours as Hansie mentioned.
    How do the VRU sorry ARU expect Perth to run an NRC team next year after sacking the vast majority of the staff?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast