Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Sorry, gotta add some balance here. He is also a man who doesn't pay tax or royalties to aboriginal communities and lands his companies are literally blowing up digging out of the ground.
    His last name "Forrest" says it all. His wealth comes directly as a result of the fact his family were senior leadership figures and beneficiaries of the British invasion of Western Australia.

While i think his involvement is great. It doesn't take away from his past actions
    A quick google of Andrew Forrest tax evasion finds nothing. A quick google of Andrew Forrest Aboriginal land rights shows that FMG is in a legal stoush with a native title claim where FMG is offering jobs and community building programs instead of just handing over cash to be squandered on alcohol and drugs. FMGs announcement on the issue even states they are trying to help the Aboriginal people move forward from "the handout mentality".
    This all alligns to what I said about Twiggy above, he is about community building. His philanthropic efforts look to develop community projects. His native title lawsuit is aiming to provide a thriving community for the Aboriginal people through education and collaboration not just fund a communities drink and drugs.

I may of missed something as i did a quick google search, but nothing came up about tax evasion and discrimination against aborigines.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Sorry, gotta add some balance here......
    His last name "Forrest" says it all. His wealth comes directly as a result of the fact his family were senior leadership figures and beneficiaries of the British invasion of Western Australia.

While i think his involvement is great. It doesn't take away from his past actions
    Balance?? You have attacked the bloke on the premise that his wealth is inherited from his forbears. The truth is he is a self made man. His father had to sell Minderoo at auction in the 1990's under heavy debt before the banks foreclosed. Andrew bought it back about a decade later - with a fortune he made himself.
    He is no more answerable for his forbears than any of the rest of us.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    In case I missed it or you all (y'all) missed it

https://www.iprugby.com/

This is the official Indo Pacific Rugby website.

vCash
    Looking at the IPRC logo it looks oddly familiar:

Name:  WF & IPRC Logo.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  21.5 KB

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by wasmute; 07-11-17 at 16:01.
    #FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

vCash
    You're too paranoid.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    that doesn't mean that they are not out to get him though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    In case I missed it or you all (y'all) missed it

https://www.iprugby.com/

This is the official Indo Pacific Rugby website.
    They might want to fix the competition date from 2018 to 2019!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wasmute View Post
    Looking at the IPRC logo it looks oddly familiar:

Name:  WF & IPRC Logo.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  21.5 KB
    To me ones a square, and ones a rectangle... next!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    They might want to fix the competition date from 2018 to 2019!
    I am still wondering whether launching during a World Cup year is a masterstroke, or one huge fucking disaster! I mean this happened with the ARC in 2007 and that subsequently died, however the Spirit were by far the most popular team in that comp, so maybe it is a masterstroke of absolutely genuisness.

Lets hope they can get a few (around 5 or so) exhibition games arranged for next year to keep the interest in the Force at its peak right now so the team heads into the 2019 IPRC with atleast some fans. I reckon a game against Toulon, Taranaki, Munster, Samoa and the NZL Maori would be a great start to get the hype rolling towards the 2019 IPRC.

Thank god it will run concurrently with superduper rugby. Will be nice to slay the EARU teams in the TV ratings.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Assuming there is a Japanese team (which should be possible with the timing), I think the regional World Cup could be a good selling point and line-up.

Going head-to head-to with SR and the Europeans is going to make it really, really hard though. What WA does next year and how they get the team is an understandable focus, but nearly irrelevant. It will all come down to the teams the other five put together. If those teams are rubbish or thrown together at the last minute, credibility will be shot. So never mind us, I hope they all have their best local players already training professionally and a good plan in place to find a hundred odd genuinely credible professional players. Because right now, I'm struggling a bit to see it. I'm remembering the Sunwolves first year, and that was Japan...

Player
    vCash
    It has to start somewhere and although it clashes with the other comps the audience does not. What we are competing against is quality or style of rugby that can be entertaining to match local asian soccer competitions played on their version of pay tv an free to air. If we can’t win the hearts of the asian nations supporter wise we are sunk. Anything outside of this region is a bonus.

Player
    vCash
    I’ll support it even if it is woeful to begin with just in the hope it will change as the game develops and grows.

vCash
    Well if they pre-sold gold/diamond/platinum family season tickets with a 50% cut in price for being such loyal founding members for 2019 they can sign me up today, who am I kidding, I would probably pay full price today anyway.

vCash
    While I do worry about the quality of the teams in this comp, as long as there is some sort of equalisation plan, things should be okay. If the comp isn't near Super quality, then WA can field a weaker team so as not to dominate it. Same goes for Fiji.

Last edited by chibi; 08-11-17 at 03:22.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I was wondering about where games would be held in WA? With Twiggys vision it’s all about the spectacle and the spectators enjoyment, light shows etc. with that in mind I’m assuming we would be playing at the Craypot but would we have the fans to make it both viable, look a half decent crowd and I wonder what the viewing will be like for a rectangular pitch. I know when we started at Spewbie we used to get +/-k30 we would need more than that in a k60 seater stadium. I suppose we could stay at NIB but can they produce everything that Twiggy envisages?
    Food for thought.

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast