Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

Senior Player
    vCash
    No reason why we couldn't kala. Wouldn't be easy in the initial stages of getting everyone on board pulling in the same direction but long term for the local comp it Could be a massive boost. Help to show our local kids that there they don't need to rely on that other comp to succeed whether they be player, coach, ref etc. As to what the Eastern states mung beans do I couldn't give a shit. I reckon we should only bring in players who genuinely approach us to be here not as a means to an end. Maybe that could be Peks job to weed out the peanuts who don't buy into our culture.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yep, we need to be as self reliant as possible, we have seen what being tied too closely to a governing body can do to you (when they don't give a rat's arse about your future)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I would actually like the Force team to be totally selected from Pindan. No bringing over ring ins. Guys like Phillips etc would have to be aligned to a WA club. You want to play for Force, you become a sandgroper. Simple. That will keep the Quades, Sanchez, etc east of the rabbit proof fence.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    whilst I can understand that the need for a "no dickhead policy" or that we may end up with the cast offs of the ERUs Super Rugby sides who have no passion for our state or our Jersey in the Indo-Pacific Competition.

You are all forgetting a few things.

1. Dave Wessels is coaching

2. Hodgo will be involved and will have a say.

3. John Welborn and Andrew Forrest are in control.

I believe with all my heart that for those reasons listed above The Western Force 2.0 will be a dickhead free environment.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I want it dickhead-free but also (and this is my main point) to see WA guys coming through, like we had when the Force were in SR.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Did you see James O'Connor scored a try on the weeknd?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Who ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snusan View Post
    I hope I didn't misquote him. He was going through everything so quick.
    I'm sure you didn't Sue. In any case, it'll all be out in public in the next week or so anyway so all good :-)

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snusan View Post
    I spoke with Hodgo yesterday after the game and told him that people were wondering what was happening and needed some sort of goods news after hearing about Dave leaving. He told me that I could put this up on TWF.

1. Announcement was imminent. Probably next week.
    2. ARU need to agree on three things - a. Time-frame - has been approved - July August next year. b. That players can be up for Wallaby Selection - Cheika wants this so he can have the pick of the crop for the 2019 RWC - so should go thru. and C. a clause in contracts for Wallabies not picked for tests be able to play in the IPAC, similar to the clause for the NRC.
    3. Comp with start with six teams - I asked if Fiji was in that initial six - Hodgo said probably not until 2019.
    4. One team from WA and the other 5 from Asia.
    5. Hodgo had fielded phone calls from over 250 rugby players interested in putting their names down- Aussies playing in Aust and overseas and also from foreign players playing here and overseas interested.
    6. He is in a lot happier place from when he wrote his article a few weeks ago and is very excited about the new comp.

We spoke for about 10 mins and I have forgotten some of the things that he mentioned, but these are probably the main points that would interest people on here.

I walked away buzzing and the happiest I felt in the last few months about Rugby in WA . Hodgo gives off a lot of positive energy. Great win by the Piggies!!!
    Like yourself I have been feeling very despondent the last week or so, and like yourself I also had a chance to catch up with Matt and Jodi after the game, they relayed similar information, however most important to me was their demeanour, the were both excited and upbeat about what was happening and if we have learnt anything over the past year is that Matt wears his heart on his sleeve for Rugby in WA and I left with a spring in the step and a new found faith in the Phoenix rising from the ashes.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Senior Player
    vCash
    Jeez Tazz haven't heard some of your positive posts for a while was wondering what you've been doing.

Player
    vCash
    What’s the latest any news on the formation of the new comp?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    What’s the latest any news on the formation of the new comp?
    read the few posts above yours.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    So it will run during the local competition? Does this mean clubs will be less inclined to pay to hang onto Force Fringe/Future Force etc. if they are going to miss half the local season? Makes it tough to grow the clubland competition if the creme is potentially taken off the top.

Get me inside a boardroom and I'll get any decision I want

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sack & crac View Post
    So it will run during the local competition? Does this mean clubs will be less inclined to pay to hang onto Force Fringe/Future Force etc. if they are going to miss half the local season? Makes it tough to grow the clubland competition if the creme is potentially taken off the top.
    Possibly. But not a helluva lot different to what has been the case with Super Rugby. In fact it may limit the squabbling about which pro players are available for this club or that during Premier Grade finals......and introduce a whole new squabble about who is NOT losing Force players for finals.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    The IPRC is going to run in the same widow as the NRC so club rugby should be finished by then. Either way, the clubs form part of the pathway to NRC and IPRC so really they shouldn't be prioritized on who gets what player, they should be developing and promoting their players for higher honours in conjunction with things like the Future Force, Super U/20s etc. The ultimate goal is to have as many WA produced players earning good money playing in the IPRC and the Wallabies as possible.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast