Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Western Force players, coach vow not to sign with Melbourne Rebels

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    For those that can't get to the end, well here is the last part:

"IN CLOSING

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our loyal, vocal, proud, committed, loving and supportive sea of blue supporters, from our 12-year members to our juniors who show up week in and week out.

Rain hail or shine. Win lose or draw. You have been amazing and I am sure I speak on behalf of all our players and staff both past and present when I say you have always been the true force behind the Force.

Nothing has ever made me prouder than to be able to represent you all.

I would also like to say that this was never about one club vs another. It was about rugby as a national game and, more importantly, wanting rugby to thrive in WA.

Pek Cowan - Contributor"

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Pek, your another legend we as fans are fortunate to call our own. Thanks for everything, I hope the IPRC gets up and I still get to continue watching you play. If you have to choose another path I wish you and your family all the best

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Back to reality now, this turned up in my twitter feed:

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/pek-...a-club-ruined/

"Stress, tears & a club ruined
    Pek Cowan - Contributor"

"
    This is a story about unemployment. It’s about kids crying at having to move states and leave their friends behind, and mothers delivering babies into a world of uncertainty.

It’s about stress and anger and disrespect and mortgage payments. It might be about depression, but I wouldn’t know for sure, because I’m not trained to diagnose it, and there are no professionals around to help.

It’s the story of the Western Force’s destruction and it hasn’t been told outside of the playing group until now.

THE FLAME IS NOW A CANDLE
    Matt Hodgson and I are the only two guys who have been with the Force since the start. That’s 12 seasons now. There have been so many people who contributed to the club during that time – the fans, the volunteers and tons of others. We’re not even going to be able to say goodbye to them.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do. I’m only 31 and could play for a couple of years. And I’m contracted until next year anyway. The hardest thing for me to deal with is the thought of moving states to represent a union that didn’t want the club I bled for.

My passion for rugby has always burned brightly. It is barely a candle now, just faintly flickering, and it could extinguish entirely unless I find a way to reconcile all the things that have happened over the past month.

Part of me just wants to stay in Perth and make them pay me for next year. A big, ‘Stuff you’ for all the mistakes the ARU has made along the way that led to our demise. Part of me thinks about going overseas. And part of me is pretty excited about this new comp Twiggy Forrest is backing that could potentially be up and running next year.

It still feels like a bad dream. Sometimes you think you’ll wake up from it and go, ‘That was terrible, but everything’s OK’. But it’s not. Every day since the Force’s execution was confirmed has been worse than the one before.

Guys are looking for contracts and trying to organise their lives. That’s not easy. Super Rugby teams are pretty much full for next season and there is an argument going on between the ARU and franchises over who is liable to pay out existing contracts for Force players. Overseas markets are closed, too.

We’ve pretty much been left high and dry at the worst time of the year."

There is a lot more to read there, so click the link above and have a read.
    This should be sent to Senator Linda Reynolds.. This is disgusting .. I am saddened by reading this.. I would also like someone who has direct emails to World rugby to send them it too .. I have just posted it on WTF with Australian Rugby and also tried to get it onto world rugby FB site ..I am really sad for the folks at the Heart of this..

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I have tweeted the link to the Senator.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    I have tweeted the link to the Senator.
    Me too. With a comment that an OHS referral should be made.

And to think that ARU board member Ann Sherry used to be Chair of Safe Work Australia disgusts me to the core. I worked in the OHS area for 7 years and was proud of the fact that a woman finally made it to the position of Chair of the national body. Oh how her reputation is in tatters for me now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    i haven't felt so flat! With fixtures announced and my team missing ��
    And the bloody Sun Wolves have taken the place of our beloved Force in the Australian Conference.....

vCash
    For those that can't get to the end, well here is the last part:

"IN CLOSING

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our loyal, vocal, proud, committed, loving and supportive sea of blue supporters, from our 12-year members to our juniors who show up week in and week out.

Rain hail or shine. Win lose or draw. You have been amazing and I am sure I speak on behalf of all our players and staff both past and present when I say you have always been the true force behind the Force.

Nothing has ever made me prouder than to be able to represent you all.

I would also like to say that this was never about one club vs another. It was about rugby as a national game and, more importantly, wanting rugby to thrive in WA.

Pek Cowan - Contributor"
    My dear Pek... my face is leaking... my heart goes out to you and your lovely family, and the rest of our team.. and staff of RugbyWA Bless all of you

Player
    vCash
    Can you tweeters out there send Pek a message asking him to send this as a submission to the enquiry. I was in tears reading it!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    Can you tweeters out there send Pek a message asking him to send this as a submission to the enquiry. I was in tears reading it!
    Done PG 👍🏼

Apprentice
    vCash
    Just read it... How heart breaking and how true.

Champion
    vCash
    Adam Coleman hasn't yet made a call on whether he will be a Wallaby in 2018, saying there is "plenty of water to go under the bridge" before he decides where he will ply his trade next year.

Coleman, who has established himself as an integral part of Michael Cheika's best XV, is understood to be considering a move to Europe, with huge money on offer for the 25-year-old.

The star lock has signed a deal with the ARU through to the 2019 World Cup but it was contingent on the Force forming part of Super Rugby in 2018.

Their removal from the competition means Coleman is now a free agent - per the ARU deal with RUPA - and any move to the Rebels appears to be reliant on whether Dave Wessels takes the head coaching role on offer.

"In terms of me, personally, there is a lot of water to go under the bridge and I am just assessing my options at the moment," Coleman said.
    In just 12 months Coleman has proved to be the Wallabies' number one enforcer. Photo: RUGBY.com.au/Stuart Walmsley
    In just 12 months Coleman has proved to be the Wallabies' number one enforcer. Photo: RUGBY.com.au/Stuart Walmsley
    "I love playing for the Wallabies and what I want to do, for this year, is play the best rugby I can, for my country."

Coleman said there had been no deadline placed on a decision before endorsing Andrew Forrest's Indo-Pacific Rugby Championship.

"I think it's a great idea, the new competition, but like I said, I'm just assessing my options and I am really loving my rugby here at the Wallabies."

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/0...n-johannesburg

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Good on him.. desperately hoping it's overseas but you have my respect whatever you do..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Good on him.. desperately hoping it's overseas but you have my respect whatever you do..
    Same Jules! Ditto for Dave Wessels!

Champion
    vCash
    I also hope they go overseas and return to the Force one day.

And keep the ARU bastards hanging on a string for months, like they did to Force players and fans.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Ditto for any player/coach/admin from WA or found a home in WA, we appreciated you and still will regardless

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast